Cable TV Outages and Flying in a Plane

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Lost most of my cable channels for quite a while last night. Given how this happens fairly often, it's a wonder anyone ever gets on an airplane when the most simple of technologies can't be sustained reliably. :)

Lost most of my cable channels for quite a while last night. Given how this happens fairly often, it's a wonder anyone ever gets on an airplane when the most simple of technologies can't be sustained reliably. :)
Yea, it's a wonder anyone gets on the highway also. Ten killed and eight injured in Florida last night. Cars, trucks, and planes are just too dangerous and very deadly. Maybe we should go back to traveling on horses and use rabbit ears again on our TV's. As long as you had news, weather, and sports still working on your cable, you were in good shape. I have everything cable offers ( Comcast ) but 95% of the channels aren't worth watching. I pay way too much for basically nothing worth watching. I think I'm going back to a basic cable package and save some money on my cable bill.

Planes are very unsafe. Since the 80's, parts are replaced with generic after-market inferior parts, mostly made over seas. And, the airlines say they can't afford to have the planes idle for too long, so rush repairs are made, and some regularly scheduled maintenance is postponed several times before any work is done on them. In addition, the reliability of the planes are only a part of the story. Pilots are alcoholics, drug users, have distracting family issues, suffer from depression and other emotional stresses, and in some cases, work long hours. The problem with planes is not so much the technology as it is human error and neglect. I haven't flown since the early 80's for those reasons. Plane trips are a gamble, as we've seen many times over the past couple of decades.

Forum List

Back