The Most Ridiculous Comment Obama made in Detroit today.

Obama said a lot of Partisan BS, and one Liners today in Detroit. However 1 thing stood out to me as beyond the Pale Ridiculous and Disconnected from Reality.

He said, In front of a huge Union Crowd, that he had passed Health care to Bring affordable Healthcare to all Americans. Well not even getting in to the BS of that Statement.

Did not anyone else find it hard to swallow that he was saying it in front of a group of Union's. MOST of which have applied for and been given Waivers to the law?

I mean is this Guy even for real? Has he decided to give up on even Putting up a front of Bi-Partisanship and Honesty? Has he Decided to just lie his way to another term?

Yes--Unions got a pass on Obamacare--along with approximately 1500 other businesse's in Nancy Pelosi's district--who have somehow avoided this new federal law---hmmm.

As far as affordability-as soon as Obamacare passed my premium jumped up over $100.00 per month. I guess this is the payment I make--(because I am non-union) to pay for all those that don't have medical insurance.

Let's see how it's working out in jolly ol' England:

"Once EU competition law applies to the health service there would be no barrier to handing over the running of NHS hospitals to non-British firms. Helios has a record of turning around failing hospitals, largely by cutting staff or wage levels. Local politicians have accused it of being motivated more by revenues than by patient care.

The news came as key Lib Dems broke cover with a series of amendments designed to defang the government's radical pro-market health bill. The vote has the potential to cause a major rift between the coalition partners and comes before a crunch meeting between Nick Clegg and his parliamentary party. The Lib Dem leader will seek to persuade potential rebels that there cannot be any more changes to the bill.

Sources close to Clegg said the leadership had already "used up a lot of political capital" by halting and then recasting the bill earlier this year. "We expect MPs to vote with the government. Otherwise we won't last very long [in power]."

George said: "We are on the slippery slope in the direction of a US-style insurance system and have to stop patient choice being used a crowbar to lever in the marketisation of the NHS."

However, there is evidence that market reforms are taking root. "
German company involved in talks to take over NHS hospitals | Society | The Guardian

So....the very opposite of ObamaCare: "The reality is that we're giving more power and choice to patients over how they get treated,..." Ibid.

Did not anyone else find it hard to swallow that he was saying it in front of a group of Union's. MOST of which have applied for and been given Waivers to the law?

You know those aren't permanent, right?

It's pretty clear he thinks these 1) are unqualified waivers of the entire ACA, and 2) have been pursued by most unions. The exchanges can't get up and running soon enough, eh?

"The exchanges can't get up and running soon enough, eh?"
Absolutely, Comrade!

The feds will require the ‘state’ exchanges to perform a dozen or so “minimum functions”
Section 1311(d)(4) of the PPACA requires all Exchanges to perform certain minimum functions:
Certify, recertify and decertify health insurance plans as “qualified health plans” to be offered through the Exchange,
Operate a toll-free hotline for consumer assistance,
Maintain a website providing standardized comparative information on health plans,
Assign price and quality ratings to plans,
Present plan benefit options in a standardized format,
Provide information on Medicaid and CHIP, determine eligibility for applicants, and enroll eligible individuals in these programs,
Provide an electronic calculator to allow applicants to determine the actual cost of coverage, taking into account premium tax credits and cost sharing reductions for which they are eligible,
Certify individuals who may be exempt from the individual responsibility requirement,
Provide information to the Treasury Department and to employers on certain employees who are eligible for premium tax credits, and
Establish a Navigator program that provides grants to entities to conduct outreach and education, as well as assist consumers in enrolling in qualified health plans through the Exchange.

a. While states cannot accept any insurers who offer policies that provide fewer benefits than those ordered by the federal government, they may offer plans that include more benefits. This, of course, obviates the kind of competition that lowers cost or favors the consumer. The state must them subsidize the additional benefits, which requires extensive invasion of privacy of the individual.

b. While mandating additional benefits, the PPACA imposes restrictions that one would expect in a free market system, i.e., more benefits results in higher premiums. On the contrary, this law gives the secretary of HHS the ability to remove the company if the increases are 10% or more.
Questions and Answers: Keeping the Health Plan You Have: The Affordable Care Act and ?Grandfathered? Health Plans

We need sound effects with your posts. Perhaps the Internationale!

Let me help:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXWjOkpnW5M&feature=fvst]THE INTERNATIONALE (in Russian) - YouTube[/ame]

Obamacare did one thing right - it created the TEA PARTY. Obama done a good thing!!! Liberalism is dead. RIP.

liberalism-115x115.jpg

I think I heard that the UAW has a "carve-out" for its Cadillac plan of insurance. This is permanent.
They think they are being cute. How many other things has the government done, that were suppose to be temporary, that simply keep getting renewed?

It's pretty clear he thinks these 1) are unqualified waivers of the entire ACA, and 2) have been pursued by most unions. The exchanges can't get up and running soon enough, eh?

1) Yup.
2) Yup.

And yes, the exchanges can't get here fast enough.

Have you super smart Liberals finished figuring out the Math on how the States will pay for these Exchanges that the Fed is forcing them to set up and in the long run, FUND THEMSELVES.

hmmm?

You dupes have NO IDEA what you're talking about. Waivers have been given toeveryone, and they're ALL temporary. This BS is right up there with the Marxist muslim Kenyan death panels...and 80% of British love their NHS, and theothers are A-holes...

You dupes have NO IDEA what you're talking about. Waivers have been given toeveryone, and they're ALL temporary. This BS is right up there with the Marxist muslim Kenyan death panels...and 80% of British love their NHS, and theothers are A-holes...

80% love it until they actually need it. Do a study of those who have become ill and actually needed real long term care. Ask them how they like it.

The masses love their 2 free check ups a year, they have no idea the nightmare it becomes when you actually need more than that.

Besides, Obamacare is NOTHING LIKE THE NHS, Something like the NHS would be an improvement on Obamacare.

I think I heard that the UAW has a "carve-out" for its Cadillac plan of insurance. This is permanent.

Shockingly, that's not true.

We will have to just take your word for it, because even Congress admits. You need lawyers to even try to understand the law.

I love you guys who run around acting like you know exactly how the Implementation of all aspects of Obamacare will effect us all, even though the people that wrote it do not even really know WTF they wrote.

Do you work for an Insurance Company GB? I only ask because the way you have defended this bill from Day one, before we even know what it really will do, makes me think you must work for them. Considering they seem to be the ones who are going to make out the most from it.

Hello you idiot.

Neither are the Bush tax cuts, the doc fix, ethanol subsidies, or even income taxes. For some reason the government telling me something is not permanent when it involves my money just sends off an alarm bell in my head.

Neither are the Bush tax cuts, the doc fix, ethanol subsidies, or even income taxes. For some reason the government telling me something is not permanent when it involves my money just sends off an alarm bell in my head.

My Point exactly.

What makes you think the exchanges will fix anything? In fact, what makes you think they will even be implemented? If the states punt on setting up the exchanges the burden will fall on the federal government. Quite a few governors are looking at that as a way to save money, drive up the costs of Obamacare, and cause it to collapse under its own weight.

What makes you think the exchanges will fix anything? In fact, what makes you think they will even be implemented? If the states punt on setting up the exchanges the burden will fall on the federal government. Quite a few governors are looking at that as a way to save money, drive up the costs of Obamacare, and cause it to collapse under its own weight.

You can't blame the States. The Fed wants to give them some token seed money and then have the future Burden of funding and controlling them every year go to the states. With out a single ideas as to how the cash strapped states will pay for them.

Forum List

Back