The Most Ridiculous Comment Obama made in Detroit today.

Correction. He needs Detroit to get Re-Elected. As the last 12 Years of Grandholm Proved. You do not even have to go to the Rest of the State. promise enough give aways to Detroit and you will carry Michigan.

Wrong.. Obama is going to lose MI this time out, and how do you explain the fact that Republicans now control everything here? Detroit aint what it used to be.

Who did Michigan vote for in 08?

There are really 2 Michigan's.

Detroit, and everywhere else.

let me tell you up here where I am, We were just so happy to get 125 Million in Stimulus Funds to build a Bypass road. We were so happy to see all the contracts for the work on it, go to Downstate UNION contractors. It was really cool to see Union workers from Detroit working on my Roads as I drove around LOOKING FOR WORK!

How in the hell did Bush Sr win Michigan in 1988? I guarantee you he didn't win Detroit. The sun will rise in the West before a republican wins Wayne County.
As for the rest of the state, McCain was behind in Oakland county and Kent County.. the most conservative counties in the state.. Thats why he pulled out.

Correction. He needs Detroit to get Re-Elected. As the last 12 Years of Grandholm Proved. You do not even have to go to the Rest of the State. promise enough give aways to Detroit and you will carry Michigan.

Wrong.. Obama is going to lose MI this time out, and how do you explain the fact that Republicans now control everything here? Detroit aint what it used to be.

Who did Michigan vote for in 08?

There are really 2 Michigan's.

Detroit, and everywhere else.

let me tell you up here where I am, We were just so happy to get 125 Million in Stimulus Funds to build a Bypass road. We were so happy to see all the contracts for the work on it, go to Downstate UNION contractors. It was really cool to see Union workers from Detroit working on my Roads as I drove around LOOKING FOR WORK!

08? It's not 08 anymore and that means nothing like I said Republicans now control this state Gov, Legislator and Supreme Court and they will be doing the redistricting here Obama will lose this state

Our media never mentions Pubs are blocking EVERYTHING since 1/2010, or what the ACA will do etc etc. They ARE CRAPPE- all horse race, controversy and the new guy.Otherwise Pub Dupe IDIOCY couldn't survive. Not to mention disgraceful Fox Noise...
Of course not, they just show Obama saying just that, and he had a huge majority in the house and a filibuster proof senate; everything else you said is exactly right except the reverse of how you intended it.

Last edited:
So how come all the Foxbots here missed that until I beat them over the head with it for weeks? Obama is too easy on them. Until now thank god I hope. And he never says it straight, gdi.

The Pub Propaganda Machine is an unbelievable POS. Poor Pub Dupes LOL!

Fox Doctors Hoffa Speech To Fabricate Call For Violence
September 05, 2011 4:55 pm ET by Matt Gertz

Right-wing bloggers misled by dishonest Fox News video editing are attacking Teamsters President James Hoffa, Jr. for supposedly urging violence against Tea Party activists during a Labor Day speech. Conservatives are also attacking President Obama, who appeared at the event, for "sanctioning violence against fellow Americans" by failing to denounce Hoffa. But fuller context included in other Fox segments makes clear that Hoffa wasn't calling for violence but was actually urging the crowd to vote out Republican members of Congress.

During the segment that the bloggers have latched onto, Fox edited out the bolded portion of Hoffa's comments:

HOFFA: Everybody here's got to vote. If we go back and keep the eye on the prize, let's take these son of a bitches out and give America back to America where we belong! Thank you very much!

In an initial report on Hoffa's speech at 1 p.m. on Fox News, Ed Henry reported that Hoffa said that "we'll remember in November who's with the working people" and "said of the Tea Party and of Republicans, 'let's take these sons of bitches out.'"

Henry made clear during that segment that Hoffa's comments were references to voting out Republican members of Congress, not to violence. And roughly 20 minutes later, he explained on Twitter that the "full quote" of the "take these son of a bitches out" comment is "Everybody here's got to vote. If we go back & keep the eye on the prize, let's take these sons of bitches out":

But in a second segment that ran at roughly the same time as Henry's tweet, Fox News dishonestly edited the speech in the manner seen above. Andrew Breitbart's Big sites, Real Clear Politics, The Daily Caller, the Media Research Center, and the Drudge Report have all highlighted that footage, using it to condemn "the violence emanating from union thug bosses" and demand that Obama "denounce" the comments.

PFFFFT!!

BTW- you do realize the filibuster proof Senate was only for 5 months, right? Ay caramba...

He had an effective filibuster proof senate til February 2010 (13 months) and during the entire 111th congress it was effectively filibuster proof.

Al Franken was seated July 5, 2009- Scott Brorown 1/2010- FIVE MONTHS GODDAMMIT!! LOL!!
Hoping for your recovery- turn off the BS!

BTW- you do realize the filibuster proof Senate was only for 5 months, right? Ay caramba...

He had an effective filibuster proof senate til February 2010 (13 months) and during the entire 111th congress it was effectively filibuster proof.

Al Franken was seated July 5, 2009- Scott Brorown 1/2010- FIVE MONTHS GODDAMMIT!! LOL!!
Hoping for your recovery- turn off the BS!

6 months, if we buy your timeline.

Don't worry If I die you can eat me.....

Only non progressives tho, but they'd be eating themselves anyways, probably their own amputated appendages...

Last edited:
So how come all the Foxbots here missed that until I beat them over the head with it for weeks? Obama is too easy on them. Until now thank god I hope. And he never says it straight, gdi.

Just because you're weak-minded enough to want a king doesn't mean the rest of us are.

I'm a citizen, not a subject.

You will utterly fail to see the distinction.

Another waiver thread with people spouting off who don't understand what the waivers do. Yeah, it's been a few weeks since we've had one of these.

Funny that Charles_Main is the OP, considering that he is all about medicare for his family members.

Healthcare cost went up after Obamacare. And we have union workers out here threatening to strike because of it.

As I said yesterday in another thread, "job speech" in Detroit, just days before joint session of Congress isn't about jobs or bipartisanship, it's his reelection campaign kickoff on national level.

He said so many ridiculous things yesterday, it's hard to pick one that stand out most.

I am honored, we are honored, to spend this day with you and your families -- the working men and women of America.

While Michigan unemployment is at 10.9%, Detroit unemployment is officially 30%, and according to mayor Bing is nearly 50%. If crowd was some 12,000, I could say that half of them came to cheer for jobs, while other half came for welfare checks.

That’s the central challenge that we face in our country today. That’s at the core of why I ran for President. That’s what I’ve been fighting for since I’ve been President. Everything we’ve done, it’s been thinking about you. We said working folks deserved a break -- so within one month of me taking office, we signed into law the biggest middle-class tax cut in history, putting more money into your pockets.

What is he talking about? Maybe the Tax Cut Nobody Heard Of - NYT.

We said working folks shouldn’t be taken advantage of -- so we passed tough financial reform that ended the days of taxpayer bailouts, and stopped credit card companies from gouging you with hidden fees and unfair rate hikes, and set up a new consumer protection agency with one responsibility: sticking up for you.

That financial reform protected Fannie & Freddy exclusively. And he's not done with bank extortion, he's going to suck them dry as long he's in the office. Check this out... Justice's New War Against Lenders.

And here’s what else we said, Detroit. We said that American autoworkers could once again build the best cars in the world. So we stood by the auto industry. And we made some tough choices that were necessary to make it succeed. And now, the Big Three are turning a profit and hiring new workers, and building the best cars in the world right here in Detroit, right here in the Midwest, right here in the United States of America.

At whose expense??? How Volt is selling? What's with the GM stock at $21 a share?

We’ve got roads and bridges across this country that need rebuilding. We’ve got private companies with the equipment and the manpower to do the building. We’ve got more than 1 million unemployed construction workers ready to get dirty right now. There is work to be done and there are workers ready to do it. Labor is on board. Business is on board. We just need Congress to get on board. Let’s put America back to work.

More shovel ready jobs? Another stimulus? What happen with previous one that suppose to rebuild bridges and roads? More spending? How much is enough???

Here is whole speech. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KflsCo4iaL4]President Obama's Labor Day Message: We've Got to Fully Restore the Middle Class in America - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back