The most fucked in the head opinion piece I have ever read to justify criminals.

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
You have to be kidding me hey politico THEY ARE CRIMINALS ...we are a nation of laws you numb nuts..

The ICE raids aren’t just wrong – they’re expensive

Does it make sense to spend $50,000 locking up someone for supporting her family?

This week, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement raided seven Mississippi food processing plants and arrested 680 workers for immigration violations. The moral cost of these raids to our shared humanity is apparent in stories like that of a tearful 13-year-old boy waving goodbye to his mother or an 11-year old girl pleading for her father’s release. But some people might feel differently, believing such scenes are just the cost of enforcing our immigration laws. If that’s you, I urge you to weigh another cost instead: the sheer financial expense of such cruelty.

First, there’s lost income. ICE was created in 2003 to “protect national security and public safety after 9/11,” but this week’s raids were not about security or safety or terrorism. They targeted immigrants while they worked to support their families and our economy. Many of the arrested individuals now leave behind jobs that won’t be filled and children and spouses who now live without a family member and their associated income. Their communities and local businesses will suffer down the line. And state and local governments will lose the associated tax revenues; undocumented workers pay an estimated $12 billion a year in taxes.

Then there are the costs of enforcement and detention. ICE Acting Director Matt Albence admitted that the raids required a yearlong investigation and 600 agents to execute. The 680 arrested individuals now languish in detention facilities. According to ICE, the average daily cost of detaining one person is $134. Some estimates place the cost at closer to $200 per day. Given this administration’s immigration policies, from family separation to zero tolerance to mass raids, the number of immigrants in detention is rapidly expanding, not retracting. For every person who leaves detention, another replaces them, if not two. Even using ICE’s conservative figure of $134, the cost of keeping one immigrant in detention is almost $50,000 per year. The detention expense alone for the group detained on Wednesday is approximately $100,000 a day, $3 million per month, and $36 million a year. Given that more raids are coming, these costs are only going to go up.

Using their logic we should allow all criminals out of prisons it cost too much to have murderers and rapists in jail. It costs too much to prosecute them. Obviously we would be better off to either do away with laws and justice altogether or we should just shoot every suspect, no trial, no jail.
Can't have it both ways. We either enforce laws or we do away with them.

I realize that there are crazies who want to pick and choose but things don't work that way in the real world.

Every human being is precious and priceless and deserves our respect, at least!

You have to be kidding me hey politico THEY ARE CRIMINALS ...we are a nation of laws you numb nuts..

Does it make sense to spend $50,000 locking up someone for supporting her family?

This week, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement raided seven Mississippi food processing plants and arrested 680 workers for immigration violations. The moral cost of these raids to our shared humanity is apparent in stories like that of a tearful 13-year-old boy waving goodbye to his mother or an 11-year old girl pleading for her father’s release. But some people might feel differently, believing such scenes are just the cost of enforcing our immigration laws. If that’s you, I urge you to weigh another cost instead: the sheer financial expense of such cruelty.

First, there’s lost income. ICE was created in 2003 to “protect national security and public safety after 9/11,” but this week’s raids were not about security or safety or terrorism. They targeted immigrants while they worked to support their families and our economy. Many of the arrested individuals now leave behind jobs that won’t be filled and children and spouses who now live without a family member and their associated income. Their communities and local businesses will suffer down the line. And state and local governments will lose the associated tax revenues; undocumented workers pay an estimated $12 billion a year in taxes.

Then there are the costs of enforcement and detention. ICE Acting Director Matt Albence admitted that the raids required a yearlong investigation and 600 agents to execute. The 680 arrested individuals now languish in detention facilities. According to ICE, the average daily cost of detaining one person is $134. Some estimates place the cost at closer to $200 per day. Given this administration’s immigration policies, from family separation to zero tolerance to mass raids, the number of immigrants in detention is rapidly expanding, not retracting. For every person who leaves detention, another replaces them, if not two. Even using ICE’s conservative figure of $134, the cost of keeping one immigrant in detention is almost $50,000 per year. The detention expense alone for the group detained on Wednesday is approximately $100,000 a day, $3 million per month, and $36 million a year. Given that more raids are coming, these costs are only going to go up.
Lol
Yep,
Illegal aliens are illegal aliens… They have no fucking right to be here and should be treated like the pieces of shit they are… Kids or no kids

If the parents were arrested at work, how where the children waving goodbye to them?

Every human being is precious and priceless and deserves our respect, at least!

Yes, we should respectfully find them and march them out of the nation that they illegally entered.
I respect everyone. that's why i'm a better human being than you

I follow the law. That's why I'm a more lawful human being than you.
you follow an unjust law. i speak truth to power when i see an unjust law.

i see poor folk, i see their hustle, i know immigrants are not our foe!

And yet, not a single employer charged with anything yet. Let the excuses for that to begin.

They committed a misdemeanor. You don't lock up jaywalkers. Their children are going into foster care - that costs over a thousand dollars per month, per child, for the rest of their childhood. ICE incarceration costs $700 per day, per person.

This is just another way for Trump to separate families and terrorize children since court orders won't allow him to do this to refugees.

are you a Christian?

No, and please stop trying to divert the conversation. Immigration laws are unjust? How are taxpayers supposed to support the countless needy that would flock here as a result of no border enforcement? Automation is swallowing more jobs every day and you want to open the gates and invite in any low skilled immigrant that can make it to the border? Shit like this is why liberals are accused of not understanding economics. You would make our nation implode.

Those who commit a misdemeanor (come here illegally) are arrested.

How will we remove them from the country without arresting them?

How will we quit business from hiring more of them unless we arrest them? What happened? They were arrested and many of them were simply taken back to work.

Answer my question first. How do you remove an illegal from the country without arresting them?

Forum List

Back