The more I watch this, the truer it becomes (Changing world orders)

Stormy Daniels

Gold Member
Mar 19, 2018
I recently learned an alarming fact. The United States military now has required reading for all field grade and upper level officers that reflects a grim forecast for our country: The United States will cease to be the politically and militarily strongest country in the world, and this change could happen in less than five years.

(BTW, Okay, go fuck yourself with the "It's all [Biden's/Trump's] fault!" bullshit. If that's your reaction, it's actually your fault.)

I've watched this video about five times in the past couple weeks, and the more I do the more it rings true. If we look at what is happening both within our country, and in the wider world, all indicators indeed seem to point to a transition where the United States recedes from global primacy in favor of China.

At the end of the day, we have only ourselves to blame. We have become so obsessed with our division and the pursuit inter-tribal grievances as an avenue to petty rewards that we have completely lost sight of how much our divisions damage our nation on the world stage. The news tonight about the likely Supreme Court abortion decision and the impending aftermath that will be unleashed as our country sinks even further into culture wars is yet another example.

Everyone should watch this video. Watch it all the way through. There may be some slight biases evident, but watch it through nonetheless, and with an open mind. Only we the people can choose to preserve our country as a shining city on a hill.

To be fair, this post-Second World War American supremacy has been little more than a headache and an economic drain to America.

Trillions have been spent on the defense of other countries, most of which openly despise the US.

Many of America's largest companies face trade tariffs and debilitating regulation when attempting to sell in foreign markets.

We have been forced to participate in regional conflicts where America has nothing to gain from the outcome and without a viable exit strategy.

America's century long experiment with foreign intervention and nation building needs to be declared a failure and our wealth and industry channeled into more profitable pursuits.

If you want to remain the world's super power which I highly suggest we do then we had better change course from the current path we are on... Trump tried to do that... I pray we give him another chance....

I recently learned an alarming fact. The United States military now has required reading for all field grade and upper level officers that reflects a grim forecast for our country: The United States will cease to be the politically and militarily strongest country in the world, and this change could happen in less than five years.

(BTW, Okay, go fuck yourself with the "It's all [Biden's/Trump's] fault!" bullshit. If that's your reaction, it's actually your fault.)

I've watched this video about five times in the past couple weeks, and the more I do the more it rings true. If we look at what is happening both within our country, and in the wider world, all indicators indeed seem to point to a transition where the United States recedes from global primacy in favor of China.

At the end of the day, we have only ourselves to blame. We have become so obsessed with our division and the pursuit inter-tribal grievances as an avenue to petty rewards that we have completely lost sight of how much our divisions damage our nation on the world stage. The news tonight about the likely Supreme Court abortion decision and the impending aftermath that will be unleashed as our country sinks even further into culture wars is yet another example.

Everyone should watch this video. Watch it all the way through. There may be some slight biases evident, but watch it through nonetheless, and with an open mind. Only we the people can choose to preserve our country as a shining city on a hill.

1) All nations/empires have a shelf life due to the human condition(human nature). As new generations replace previous generations, expectations, values, identity concepts, art/music etc. change with the ever changing generations. Advances in technology changes the mindset, preferences, expectations & indeed the very way people live & what they prioritize. Tragically there is a noun we call 'entropy'(second law of thermodynamics): "entropy accelerates with time". When entropy is used in conjunction with humanity it comes out something like this: "Chaos and unpredictable. Steady decline into disorder." Most nations/empires collapse from within, e.g. USSR & Roman empire. Our USA today is also collapsing from within; "A divided house cannot stand". Entropy appears to reside in our human nature meaning humanity is forever stuck with entropy as there is nothing we can do to correct the situation. In my opinion this is WHY nations/empires continually collapse through time.

I hope the concept of the single superpower ends. We need to approach problems as a community of nations.

The military interventions have caused us to deprive our citizens of services that other countries regard as basic. We are fighting to get a high speed rail system that Japan built in 1964. We can't even get a rail system that other countries are ditching as obsolete.

$2 trillion for wars in the Middle East, but we have a collapsing electric grid, still no Medicare for All, decaying bridges, and homeless people living under bridges.

Being a Superpower is rea!ly expensive. I think people in Denmark, Germany, and Sweden seem a lot happier.

There are several problems with this. First of all, superpower status really has nothing to do with this. Whether superpowers even existed before WWII is debatable (and unlikely). And after WWII there were two. As the video shows, the pertinent matter is a relative one (which country is preeminent above all others in the world). On the other hand, being a superpower is an absolute value (there can be zero in the world, there can be ten). The key indicator Dalio points to is which country's currency is the most commonly held reserve currency.

Second, you cite our domestic squabbles as holding us back from advancements as a reason why America should willfully abandon global preeminence. But in reality, that squabbling and refusal to advance ourselves is a cause for America losing global preeminence. In other words, if we could rightly set aside the petty bickering and build provide ourselves with the aforementioned high speed rail system (or indeed, the next generation of superseding transportation system), a reinforcement of our global preeminence would result.

Your position seems to be based on liberal idealism, and an assumption that an endless stream of milk and honey will continue to flow for our country if we cease being the preeminent country in the world. You're not taking the subject matter seriously.

1) All nations/empires have a shelf life due to the human condition(human nature).

Yes. And I think the video does a very good job of showing how it is inevitable that these changes will take continually occur. We might say that being the world's preeminent power may be inherently unsustainable on a sufficiently long time scale. At the very least, it will be extremely difficult to sustain indefinitely. Based on that premise, it should be the goal of every nation who rises to preeminence to reap as much as can be gotten out of the high, then get out as unscathed as possible and avoid having a crash be the cause for your transition out of the limelight.

But there is a secondary consideration that should be very distressing to Americans, and many others in the world. The United States isn't just losing its position to someone else, we're losing our position to authoritarian China.

China's rise to preeminence will not be good for global freedom. Authoritarianism will spread free societies will be stifled and recede, and even the eventual end of Chinese preeminence will likely be at the rise of yet another authoritarian society.

I hope the concept of the single superpower ends. We need to approach problems as a community of nations.

The military interventions have caused us to deprive our citizens of services that other countries regard as basic. We are fighting to get a high speed rail system that Japan built in 1964. We can't even get a rail system that other countries are ditching as obsolete.

$2 trillion for wars in the Middle East, but we have a collapsing electric grid, still no Medicare for All, decaying bridges, and homeless people living under bridges.

Being a Superpower is rea!ly expensive. I think people in Denmark, Germany, and Sweden seem a lot happier.
We give them an umbrella. Just like now with Ukraine. This is not our problem. Worrying about borders with them while not at home.

To be fair, this post-Second World War American supremacy has been little more than a headache and an economic drain to America.

Trillions have been spent on the defense of other countries, most of which openly despise the US.

Many of America's largest companies face trade tariffs and debilitating regulation when attempting to sell in foreign markets.

We have been forced to participate in regional conflicts where America has nothing to gain from the outcome and without a viable exit strategy.

America's century long experiment with foreign intervention and nation building needs to be declared a failure and our wealth and industry channeled into more profitable pursuits.

The stupid 'world police' mentality is bankrupting us financially and morally.
Too bad that it's too late.

Forum List

Back