The month of Ramadan

Do car bombings stop during ramadan?

They probably offer big discounts on suicide vests for children at this time of year.

What a sick, sick thing to say. Pathetic.

Reality can be harsh:

The radical Islamist movement is not part of mainstream Islam. Think southern baptist on steroids in comparison to mainstream Christianity.

Is that the same with the treatment of women, gays, honor killings, terrorist attacks in the name of islam???

Isn't it true that sunnis and shites would be happy to kill each other off? Isn't there a proxy war between Iran and Saudi Arabia presently on-going??

Man you are so full of shit.

Yes, gays are brutally treated in many Arab countries. (In one of the Indonesian islands recently, two young gay men were brutally whipped,)

But it is necessary to remember a few things.

1. In Syria, for example, gays -- I have read -- were quietly tolerated so long as they stayed in the closet. (That was the situation before the Civil War at least.)

2. Christians in Europe & the U.S. until recently were also harsh in their treatment of gay people.

a. After World War II, the Allied forces freed all the concentration camp inmates-- EXCEPT men who had been sent there for violating Nazi anti-gay laws.

b. The Englishman who helped saved his country from Nazi invasion was discovered to be gay after the war. He was offered jail or chemical castration. He chose the latter. A few years later, he apparently committed suicide.

c. Here in the States, the police regularly entrapped thousands of gay men, resulting in many of them losing their jobs. New York City cops would even urge landlords to evict gay tenants.

3. Today many countries in Africa brutally treat gays. It is said that some Christian missionaries from the United States urge those countries to do so.
Syria---ALAWIT MUSLIMS which aren't like the other muslim sects. Assad and the alawits protect (or were protecting before the civil war) miniority religions including christians from the bigger muslim sects such as the Sunni. Nothing that the alawits do should be confused with their eviler counter parts.

The Alwites are above the law in Syria.. They are free to manufacture and smuggle drugs and to kidnapp for ransom. The Christians were terrified of them.. Syria has always been about assassinations.
The christians built churches under them and had no issues---once the sunni and other muslims invaded--they burned down the churches with the people still alive in them. I think the christians fear the other muslim sects that now trying to kill the alawits and the christians.

Built what churches under them? Have you ever visited any Churches in Damascus?

They probably offer big discounts on suicide vests for children at this time of year.

But so accurate

Not accurate at all. Muslims are fasting in Ramadan now. It's like Lent. Just this afternoon I was waiting at a bus stop and began talking with a Muslim woman who barely spoke any English. She said that she was from Afghanistan and that she and her child were safe here. All she had was a bus card to get her to a doctor's appointment, but it turned out that there was no money on it. I told the driver that I would pay for her, but he just waived her in. I gave her some extra bucks because I realized that she did not have the bus fare to get her back home. I don't know what will happen next, but I know that this woman was not concerned with suicide vests. She asked for my number. I did not think to get her's. I hope that she calls me. I can't speak Urdu, but I know a Pakistani who is fluent. He's a great guy, and he owes me one.
She must have been hot in her niqab. You should have told her that you have 100 camels, she would have been very impressed. Her father would have wanted to sell her to you for some.
You sure do have a way with people. What can possibly go wrong with a bedside manner like that. :rolleyes:
Hey, that's what they do in sheet countries. The younger the girl, the more camel she'll cost.

The money or property goes to the bride... and its hers alone by law.

The marriage age has gone up just like life expectancy has gone up with heathcare and education.

surada knows the propaganda but not the societies
and people of which he claims expertise. In fact---the
BRIDE PRICE goes to the Bride's family which POETICALLY is construed to mean----to HER (LOL).
The legal marriage age is a joke----just as the ban on
FGM is ignored in the villages of Egypt-----even---sometimes in the USA

Perhaps in Yemen the bride price goes to the family.. Not so in Arabia.. Its a gift for the bride and she writes her marriage contract.

Of all the people from foreign lands I have encountered in the USA-----it is women from
muslim lands who are most PROFOUNDLY illiterate,
including saudis----to the point of not being able to
SIGN with an X. Another problem in self-determination is ---not being permitted to sign at all. ---------"I have to ask my brother...."

Literacy is strong in KSA... 67% of university students are women. They own and operate import /export businesses, restaurants, small factories, publishing houses, furniture stores, gift shops, boutiques, art galleries, beauty shops.

But so accurate

Not accurate at all. Muslims are fasting in Ramadan now. It's like Lent. Just this afternoon I was waiting at a bus stop and began talking with a Muslim woman who barely spoke any English. She said that she was from Afghanistan and that she and her child were safe here. All she had was a bus card to get her to a doctor's appointment, but it turned out that there was no money on it. I told the driver that I would pay for her, but he just waived her in. I gave her some extra bucks because I realized that she did not have the bus fare to get her back home. I don't know what will happen next, but I know that this woman was not concerned with suicide vests. She asked for my number. I did not think to get her's. I hope that she calls me. I can't speak Urdu, but I know a Pakistani who is fluent. He's a great guy, and he owes me one.
She must have been hot in her niqab. You should have told her that you have 100 camels, she would have been very impressed. Her father would have wanted to sell her to you for some.
You sure do have a way with people. What can possibly go wrong with a bedside manner like that. :rolleyes:
Hey, that's what they do in sheet countries. The younger the girl, the more camel she'll cost.

The marriage age has gone up just like life expectancy has gone up with heathcare and education.
Education costs are going up? Why, does the koran cost more these days?
And healthcare going up as well because it's getting more expensive to fly your citizens to countries where they have real hospitals.
Well, at least the wife gets the camels but has to fuck a stranger for the rest of her life. Not really a good trade off.

They have excellent hospitals and universities. They are turning out women engineers, lawyers, doctors, pilots.

As I said earlier, you are profoundly ignorant.
Most Muslims countries have shit. Maybe the Saudis have some good universities, but they are the worst at treating their women.

Nope.. Women in Arabia are cherished... and they have a lot of power, control the money and own and operate a lot of businesses.
They just got the right to drive, wtf are you talking about. Sheesh, talk about ignorant.

IMHO----driving was the least of THE PROBLEMS OF SAUDI WOMEN-----who actually have far less problems than 100s of millions of other. Surada is right about money------no money is a big liability for muslim women
That and having 3 sister wives. :omg:

Bedouin women have always driven. .. and women drove in compounds and university campuses.. There really were no roads or traffic cops or rest stations and family facilities on the highways until about 20 years ago. It was one of Salman's projects even before he was CP.

Depends... They write their own marriage contract. And multiple wives are not so common anymore.
But polygamy still happens, meaning it's legal, and Salman cuts up journalists. What a piece of shit country, we should nuke them and just take their oil. Buncha sand monkeys.

Well, Muhammed wanted the people to stop exposing baby girls so he supported the idea than every woman needed a family and a tribe. Saudi Arabia is a VERY harsh environment. Most of his wives were older widows.

I know King Salman .. He is an amazing man.. Very kind and very wise. 20 years ago MBL was 16.

George Washington married a rich widow too

Reality can be harsh:

The radical Islamist movement is not part of mainstream Islam. Think southern baptist on steroids in comparison to mainstream Christianity.

Is that the same with the treatment of women, gays, honor killings, terrorist attacks in the name of islam???

Isn't it true that sunnis and shites would be happy to kill each other off? Isn't there a proxy war between Iran and Saudi Arabia presently on-going??

Man you are so full of shit.

Yes, gays are brutally treated in many Arab countries. (In one of the Indonesian islands recently, two young gay men were brutally whipped,)

But it is necessary to remember a few things.

1. In Syria, for example, gays -- I have read -- were quietly tolerated so long as they stayed in the closet. (That was the situation before the Civil War at least.)

2. Christians in Europe & the U.S. until recently were also harsh in their treatment of gay people.

a. After World War II, the Allied forces freed all the concentration camp inmates-- EXCEPT men who had been sent there for violating Nazi anti-gay laws.

b. The Englishman who helped saved his country from Nazi invasion was discovered to be gay after the war. He was offered jail or chemical castration. He chose the latter. A few years later, he apparently committed suicide.

c. Here in the States, the police regularly entrapped thousands of gay men, resulting in many of them losing their jobs. New York City cops would even urge landlords to evict gay tenants.

3. Today many countries in Africa brutally treat gays. It is said that some Christian missionaries from the United States urge those countries to do so.
Syria---ALAWIT MUSLIMS which aren't like the other muslim sects. Assad and the alawits protect (or were protecting before the civil war) miniority religions including christians from the bigger muslim sects such as the Sunni. Nothing that the alawits do should be confused with their eviler counter parts.

The Alwites are above the law in Syria.. They are free to manufacture and smuggle drugs and to kidnapp for ransom. The Christians were terrified of them.. Syria has always been about assassinations.
The christians built churches under them and had no issues---once the sunni and other muslims invaded--they burned down the churches with the people still alive in them. I think the christians fear the other muslim sects that now trying to kill the alawits and the christians.

Built what churches under them? Have you ever visited any Churches in Damascus?

But so accurate

surada knows the propaganda but not the societies
and people of which he claims expertise. In fact---the
BRIDE PRICE goes to the Bride's family which POETICALLY is construed to mean----to HER (LOL).
The legal marriage age is a joke----just as the ban on
FGM is ignored in the villages of Egypt-----even---sometimes in the USA

Perhaps in Yemen the bride price goes to the family.. Not so in Arabia.. Its a gift for the bride and she writes her marriage contract.

Of all the people from foreign lands I have encountered in the USA-----it is women from
muslim lands who are most PROFOUNDLY illiterate,
including saudis----to the point of not being able to
SIGN with an X. Another problem in self-determination is ---not being permitted to sign at all. ---------"I have to ask my brother...."

Literacy is strong in KSA... 67% of university students are women. They own and operate import /export businesses, restaurants, small factories, publishing houses, furniture stores, gift shops, boutiques, art galleries, beauty shops.

yes----REMARKABLE -----very lately. Due to a concerted effort I wrote on the ISLAMIC WORLD ---not the little very rich country---Saudi Arabia. An interesting article I read FROM A SAUDI MEDICAL JOURNAL-----are you sitting down----the study DONE in saudi arabia-----admitted (essentially) that jewish
male circumcision is a lot better than muslim male
circumcision. I was SHOCKED---coming from the same country that insisted that AIDS does not exist
within the HOLY KINGDOM

I have great content and hate towards anything Islamic

I don't-----I have been very objective. I was so friendly towards islam that I got invited to visit a mosque----
it was a shocking experience for me------I DID NOT EXPECT ..... what I heard in the "KHUTBAH JUMAAT"----I almost threw up

I don't-----I have been very objective. I was so friendly towards islam that I got invited to visit a mosque----
it was a shocking experience for me------I DID NOT EXPECT ..... what I heard in the "KHUTBAH JUMAAT"----I almost threw up
What did they say ??

it was on a Good Friday -----I was a student at the time----a day off. There were lots of little boys with
their fathers in the mosque-----I saw in the back---an observer. The Imam was supposed to be some kind of visiting GENIUS (I was told) He delivered a lecture-----like a sermon describing the "FACT" that the story about Jesus being Crucified in the NT is a FRAUD!!!!
invented by the "EVIL CHRISTIANS, ENEMIES OF ISLAAM!!!!|" The mosque was in Manhattan, NY---the kids at the mosque were school boys. -----SHEEEESH----it was circa 1970 ----when we were all singing KUMBAYA---and --I'D LIKE TO BUY THE WORLD A COKE -----no one murmured----I took deep breaths to avoid vomiting

What did they say ??

it was on a Good Friday -----I was a student at the time----a day off. There were lots of little boys with
their fathers in the mosque-----I saw in the back---an observer. The Imam was supposed to be some kind of visiting GENIUS (I was told) He delivered a lecture-----like a sermon describing the "FACT" that the story about Jesus being Crucified in the NT is a FRAUD!!!!
invented by the "EVIL CHRISTIANS, ENEMIES OF ISLAAM!!!!|" The mosque was in Manhattan, NY---the kids at the mosque were school boys. -----SHEEEESH----it was circa 1970 ----when we were all singing KUMBAYA---and --I'D LIKE TO BUY THE WORLD A COKE -----no one murmured----I took deep breaths to avoid vomiting
They’re the devil !!
Can’t imagine what they say about them Jews

Looking back, what seems strange to me now is not that people would wish to embody Jesus’ values, but that others would criticize them for it. What seems even stranger is that few Christians, in the modern day, match this profile. is that Muslims seemed to embody Jesus’ values better than Christians.

1. Jesus was bearded, as are most Muslims, but only the rare Christian.

2. Jesus dressed modestly. If we close our eyes and form a mental picture, we see flowing robes, from wrists to ankles—much like the loose Arabian thobes and the Indio-Pakistani shalwar kameez, typical of the Muslims of those areas. What we don’t imagine is the revealing or seductive clothing so ubiquitous in Christian cultures.

3. Jesus’ mother covered her hair, and this practice was maintained among the Christian women of the Holy Land up to the middle of the twentieth century. Again, this is a practice maintained among Muslims as well as Orthodox Jews (of which Jesus was one), but not among modern day Christians.
Manners

1. Jesus focused upon salvation and eschewed finery. How many “righteous” Christians fit this “It’s not just on Sundays” profile? Now how many “five prayers a day, every day of the year” Muslims?

2. Jesus spoke with humility and kindness. He didn’t “showboat.” When we think of his speeches, we don’t imagine theatrics. He was a simple man known for quality and truth. How many preachers and how many evangelists follow this example?

3. Jesus taught his disciples to offer the greeting of “Peace” (Luke 10:5), and then set the example: “Peace be with you” (Luke 24:36, John 20:19, John 20:21, John 20:26). Who continues this practice to this day, Christians or Muslims? “Peace be with you” is the meaning of the Muslim greeting, “Assalam alaikum.” Interestingly enough, we find this greeting in Judaism as well (Genesis 43:23, Numbers 6:26, Judges 6:23, I Samuel 1:17 and I Samuel 25:6).
Religious Practices

1. Jesus was circumcised (Luke 2:21). Paul taught it wasn’t necessary (Rom 4:11 and Gal 5:2). Muslims believe it is.

2. Jesus didn’t eat pork, in keeping with Old Testament law (Leviticus 11:7 and Deuteronomy 14:. Muslims also believe pork is forbidden. Christians … well, you get the idea.

3. Jesus didn’t give or take usury, in compliance with the Old Testament prohibition (Exodus 22:25). Usury is forbidden in the Old Testament and the Quran, as it was forbidden in the religion of Jesus. The economies of most Christian countries, however, are structured upon usury.

4. Jesus didn’t fornicate, and abstained from extramarital contact with women. Now, this issue extends to the least physical contact with the opposite sex. With the exception of performing religious rituals and helping those in need, Jesus never even touched a woman other than his mother. Strictly practicing Orthodox Jews maintain this practice to this day in observance of Old Testament law. Likewise, practicing Muslims don’t even shake hands between the sexes. Can Christian “hug your neighbor” and “kiss the bride” congregations make the same claim?
Practices of Worship

1. Jesus purified himself with washing prior to prayer, as was the practice of the pious prophets who preceded him (see Exodus 40:31-32 in reference to Moses and Aaron), and as is the practice of Muslims.

2. Jesus prayed in prostration (Matthew 26:39), like the other prophets (see Nehemiah 8:6 with regard to Ezra and the people, Joshua 5:14 for Joshua, Genesis 17:3 and 24:52 for Abraham, Exodus 34:8 and Numbers 20:6 for Moses and Aaron). Who prays like that, Christians or Muslims?

3. Jesus fasted for more than a month at a time (Matthew 4:2 and Luke 4:2), as did the pious before him (Exodus 34:28, I Kings 19:, and as do Muslims in the annual fast of the month of Ramadan.

4. Jesus made pilgrimage for the purpose of worship, as all Orthodox Jews aspire to do. The Muslim pilgrimage to Mecca is well known, and is alluded to in the Bible (see The First and Final Commandment).
Matters of Creed

1. Jesus taught the oneness of God (Mark 12:29-30, Matthew 22:37 and Luke 10:27), as conveyed in the first commandment (Exodus 20:3). Nowhere did he declare the Trinity.

2. Jesus declared himself a man and a prophet of God (see above), and nowhere claimed divinity or divine sonship. Which creed are the above points more consistent with—the Trinitarian formula or the absolute monotheism of Islam?

One wonders what happened between the practices of the first generation of Jesus’ followers and the Christians of modern day. At the same time, we have to respect the fact that Muslims exemplify Jesus’ teachings more than Christians do. Furthermore, we should remember that the Old Testament foretold three prophets to follow. John the Baptist and Jesus Christ were numbers one and two, and Jesus Christ himself predicted the third and last. Hence, both Old and New Testaments speak of a final prophet, and we would be amiss if we didn’t consider that final prophet to be Muhammad, and the final revelation to be that of Islam

Jesus Christ (عليه السلام) in Islam Last Lecture by Ahmed Deedat (رحمه الله)

Looking back, what seems strange to me now is not that people would wish to embody Jesus’ values, but that others would criticize them for it. What seems even stranger is that few Christians, in the modern day, match this profile. is that Muslims seemed to embody Jesus’ values better than Christians.

2. Jesus dressed modestly. If we close our eyes and form a mental picture, we see flowing robes, from wrists to ankles—much like the loose Arabian thobes and the Indio-Pakistani shalwar kameez, typical of the Muslims of those areas. What we don’t imagine is the revealing or seductive clothing so ubiquitous in Christian cultures.

3. Jesus’ mother covered her hair, and this practice was maintained among the Christian women of the Holy Land up to the middle of the twentieth century. Again, this is a practice maintained among Muslims as well as Orthodox Jews (of which Jesus was one), but not among modern day Christians.
Manners

1. Jesus focused upon salvation and eschewed finery. How many “righteous” Christians fit this “It’s not just on Sundays” profile? Now how many “five prayers a day, every day of the year” Muslims?

2. Jesus spoke with humility and kindness. He didn’t “showboat.” When we think of his speeches, we don’t imagine theatrics. He was a simple man known for quality and truth. How many preachers and how many evangelists follow this example?

3. Jesus taught his disciples to offer the greeting of “Peace” (Luke 10:5), and then set the example: “Peace be with you” (Luke 24:36, John 20:19, John 20:21, John 20:26). Who continues this practice to this day, Christians or Muslims? “Peace be with you” is the meaning of the Muslim greeting, “Assalam alaikum.” Interestingly enough, we find this greeting in Judaism as well (Genesis 43:23, Numbers 6:26, Judges 6:23, I Samuel 1:17 and I Samuel 25:6).
Religious Practices

1. Jesus was circumcised (Luke 2:21). Paul taught it wasn’t necessary (Rom 4:11 and Gal 5:2). Muslims believe it is.

2. Jesus didn’t eat pork, in keeping with Old Testament law (Leviticus 11:7 and Deuteronomy 14:. Muslims also believe pork is forbidden. Christians … well, you get the idea.

3. Jesus didn’t give or take usury, in compliance with the Old Testament prohibition (Exodus 22:25). Usury is forbidden in the Old Testament and the Quran, as it was forbidden in the religion of Jesus. The economies of most Christian countries, however, are structured upon usury.

4. Jesus didn’t fornicate, and abstained from extramarital contact with women. Now, this issue extends to the least physical contact with the opposite sex. With the exception of performing religious rituals and helping those in need, Jesus never even touched a woman other than his mother. Strictly practicing Orthodox Jews maintain this practice to this day in observance of Old Testament law. Likewise, practicing Muslims don’t even shake hands between the sexes. Can Christian “hug your neighbor” and “kiss the bride” congregations make the same claim?
Practices of Worship

1. Jesus purified himself with washing prior to prayer, as was the practice of the pious prophets who preceded him (see Exodus 40:31-32 in reference to Moses and Aaron), and as is the practice of Muslims.

2. Jesus prayed in prostration (Matthew 26:39), like the other prophets (see Nehemiah 8:6 with regard to Ezra and the people, Joshua 5:14 for Joshua, Genesis 17:3 and 24:52 for Abraham, Exodus 34:8 and Numbers 20:6 for Moses and Aaron). Who prays like that, Christians or Muslims?

3. Jesus fasted for more than a month at a time (Matthew 4:2 and Luke 4:2), as did the pious before him (Exodus 34:28, I Kings 19:, and as do Muslims in the annual fast of the month of Ramadan.

4. Jesus made pilgrimage for the purpose of worship, as all Orthodox Jews aspire to do. The Muslim pilgrimage to Mecca is well known, and is alluded to in the Bible (see The First and Final Commandment).
Matters of Creed

1. Jesus taught the oneness of God (Mark 12:29-30, Matthew 22:37 and Luke 10:27), as conveyed in the first commandment (Exodus 20:3). Nowhere did he declare the Trinity.

2. Jesus declared himself a man and a prophet of God (see above), and nowhere claimed divinity or divine sonship. Which creed are the above points more consistent with—the Trinitarian formula or the absolute monotheism of Islam?

One wonders what happened between the practices of the first generation of Jesus’ followers and the Christians of modern day. At the same time, we have to respect the fact that Muslims exemplify Jesus’ teachings more than Christians do. Furthermore, we should remember that the Old Testament foretold three prophets to follow. John the Baptist and Jesus Christ were numbers one and two, and Jesus Christ himself predicted the third and last. Hence, both Old and New Testaments speak of a final prophet, and we would be amiss if we didn’t consider that final prophet to be Muhammad, and the final revelation to be that of Islam

Not about Jesus. Tell us how Islam really feels about non-Muslims.

What did they say ??

So he was an ignorant Imam.. Muslims don't believe in blood sacrifice and they don't think a holy man like Jesus should die such a cruel humiliatig death.. so they think Judas was crucified in his place. Suits their sense of justice. They don't understand why Christians aren't overjoyed with that news.

Manners

Religious Practices

Practices of Worship

Matters of Creed

Muhammed said, "Be kind to the Christians. They are nearest us in faith."

Manners

Religious Practices

Practices of Worship

Matters of Creed

Muhammed said, "Be kind to the Christians. They are nearest us in faith."

That verse has been abrogated by the verse of the sword. Next.

What did they say ??

So he was an ignorant Imam.. Muslims don't believe in blood sacrifice and they don't think a holy man like Jesus should die such a cruel humiliatig death.. so the think Judas was crucified in his place. Suits their sense of justice. They don't understand why Christians aren't overjoyed with that news.

believe it or not----you have told me aspects of islamic belief that is not at all new to me nor is it at all impressive ----EXCEPT it underscores the fact that islamic "history" and self evaluation is SHOEHORNED to islamic tastes. I was only 20 years old when I happily conversed with interest with young muslims in the USA for FURTHER EDUCATION-----I was damned opened minded----------back then.

The media distort the image of Islam, False fabricated news and the ignorant people who do not study true Islam believe it

Coexistence in Islam
The principle underlying the relationship between Muslims and non- Muslims is coexistence. Allah commands Muslims to treat other people kindly provided they do not manifestly declare malice towards them and to think well of all of people alike. A person who thoroughly explores the verses of the noble Qur`an will find that, in its entirety, it presents an integrated Qur`anic methodology concerning the treatment of non-Muslims. It is noteworthy to mention that the variation in the manner of treating non-Muslims does not stem from a methodological inconsistency; rather, it depends on the different attitudes of the people we deal with. People are different [with respect to behavior] and thus they must not be judged alike. It is considered a methodical injustice to generalize what has been made specific or to specify what has been left general in legal texts.

Just as there are individuals who accept Muslims' beliefs, there are others who differ with them. Among this latter group, there are some who merely present their opinions or beliefs and those who go as far as to attack those who differ with them. Therefore, both groups are treated differently.

Evidence from Qur`an
There are many verses in the Qur`an, whether those revealed in Mecca or Medina, that urge Muslims to be tolerant towards others and to treat them kindly. These include:
So pardon and overlook until Allah delivers His command. Indeed, Allah is over all things competent. [Al-Baqarah: 109]

There shall be no compulsion in [acceptance of] the religion. The right course has become clear from the wrong. So whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworthy handhold with no break in it. And Allah is Hearing and Knowing. [Al-Baqarah: 256]

Allah does not forbid you from those who do not fight you because of religion and do not expel you from your homes - from being righteous toward them and acting justly toward them. Indeed, Allah loves those who act justly. [Al-Mumtahana, 8]

The above verses from Surah al-Baqarah and al-Mumtahana were revealed in Medina and all of them exhort Muslims to be kind and merciful to their fellow men.

As for the legal texts [Qur`an and Sunnah] that command Muslims to be harsh towards some people, they can be compared to the previous verses as two integrated methodologies that deal with two different types of people:

The first methodology, which is the general case, enjoins Muslims to treat all people with kindness through dialogue and respect of freedom [of faith]. This is the correct basis for inviting others to Islam; this does not abrogate a Qur`anic verse nor has it been abrogated though some jurists claim the contrary. Allah Almighty says,And speak to people good [words] and establish prayer and give zakah. [Al-Baqarah: 83]

In another verse, Allah instructs those who call others to His way on how they should invite others according to the different types of people:

Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good instruction, and argue with them in a way that is best. Indeed, your Lord is most knowing of who has strayed from His way, and He is most knowing of who is [rightly] guided. [An-Nahl: 125]

Allah says about the People of the Book,And do not argue with the People of the Scripture except in a way that is best, except for those who commit injustice among them, and say, "We believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you. And our God and your God is one; and we are Muslims [in submission] to Him. [Al-'Ankabut: 46]

The second methodology is concerned with those who attack Muslims, in which case it is necessary to defend oneself even in a harsh manner. Allah Almighty says,[Fighting in] the sacred month is for [aggression committed in] the sacred month, and for [all] violations is legal retribution. So whoever has assaulted you, then assault him in the same way that he has assaulted you. And fear Allah and know that Allah is with those who fear Him. [Al-Baqarah: 194]

Unlike the policy followed by some countries, Muslims do not treat others based on whether they are with or against them. Rather, Islam teaches its followers that people are different and must therefore be treated accordingly with respect to time and type of person.

Based on the above, one can understand the hadith which exhorts fighting non-Muslims until they testify that there is no god but Allah as fighting the aggressors who attack Muslims and not people in general. It also means that Muslims must merely deliver the message of Islam to them and not compel them to embrace the faith as per the words of Allah Almighty Who says:

Fight them until there is no [more] temptation [fitnah] and [until] worship is [acknowledged to be] for Allah. But if they cease, then there is to be no aggression except against the oppressors. [Al-Baqarah: 193]

In the hadith mentioned above, the Prophet (PBUH) refers to the apostates led by Musailamah who attempted to destroy the Islamic state and deviate from its general order. This was clearly a case of high treason, a charge that carries the death penalty according to penal codes and international laws. The same applies to the above noble verse which speaks about a group of oppressors who share the same abominable characteristics. At that time, the Romans started to mobilize armies to fight the Prophet (PBUH). The Muslims did not fight them except after they learned that the Romans wanted to abolish the Islamic state.

https://www.dar-alifta.org/Foreign/ViewFatwa.aspx?ID=5931

من هم الغير مؤمنين؟

Does Quran and Islam say kill Jews, Christians and Non ...
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=0ZCIK8hRPh4&usg=AOvVaw1_l0racLPwYJxTxv-Ul1t3

New Topics

Forum List

Back