The month of Ramadan

toty5

VIP Member
Jan 14, 2015
The month of Ramadan, 9th lunar month

Ramadan begins on the 9th month of the lunar year. Also, traditionally, the beginning of Ramadan is decreed when a religious sees the first crescent moon.

Fasting, which concerns both food and drink, begins at dawn and lasts until sunset. Suffice to say that you have to be enduring to endure it throughout the day. But the motivation is great for believers because Ramadan is a period of intense spirituality. It also helps to regain awareness of the value of food and drink. Feeling hungry and thirsty is a way to come together with all those who are suffering.

Once the sun goes down ...

Once the sun sets, the houses come alive and the party begins! Ideally, all family members break the fast together and at the same time.

the month of Ramadan is the 4th pillar of Islam. Fasting is therefore compulsory during this period for both men and women from puberty, with the exception of the sick, pregnant women, women who are breastfeeding or are indisposed, or even travelers ... In some cases it is possible to postpone the fast, in others it will be compensated by donations to the poor. Ramadan is not only characterized by fasting: this period is one of abstinence, kindness, charity and meekness.

In addition to fasting, practitioners must observe very strict behavioral rules and respect certain prohibitions. During this ascetic period, they will not be able to have sex during the day, smoke, make obscene comments or put on makeup. It is important to note that inadvertent eating does not involve atonement or catch-up fasting. The dizzy person therefore enjoys a certain indulgence. Conversely, a deliberate transgression of the rules recommended by Ramadan cancels the fast.

Ali Dawah: Why Islam? | SPEAKERS CORNER

RAMADAN ADVICE | EESA | BRO HAJJI | AHMED ALI | LIBAN | #SPEAKERSCORNER

Dr Zakir Naik !! Ramadan Special with Questions & Answers || Peace TV Live YouTube || Episode 12

Traditionally, during Ramadam , iftars are roasted in the evening. President Trump even had one roasted for all of his muslim friends when he was serving as President.

They also enjoy the traditional muslim treat of bean pies which are sold throughout the Islamic world.

I join other members in wishing Muslims the best on Ramadan.

I know nothing about Islam, but -- according to the OP -- this is a time when Muslims rededicate themselves to peace & kindness.

I assume that all religions teach their adherents to be the nicest people possible.

That is certainly a good thing.

I join other members in wishing Muslims the best on Ramadan.

I know nothing about Islam, but -- according to the OP -- this is a time when Muslims rededicate themselves to peace & kindness.

I assume that all religions teach their adherents to be the nicest people possible.

You mean rededicated themselves to Jihad.

I join other members in wishing Muslims the best on Ramadan.'ve b

I've known many Muslims. I have friends who are Muslim. I have worked with Muslims, I've been to mosques in Turkey and elsewhere. I have enjoyed the hospitality of Muslim homes. They are as kind and decent as any other people on earth.

Do car bombings stop during ramadan?

They probably offer big discounts on suicide vests for children at this time of year.

What a sick, sick thing to say. Pathetic.

Reality can be harsh:

The radical Islamist movement is not part of mainstream Islam. Think southern baptist on steroids in comparison to mainstream Christianity.

Is that the same with the treatment of women, gays, honor killings, terrorist attacks in the name of islam???

Isn't true that sunnis and shites would be happy to kill the other off? Isn't there a proxy war between Iran and Saudi Arabia presently on-going??

Man you are so full of shit.

You are talking about a radical handful. Mostly remote village people who graft their primitive tribal customs onto religion. Kind of like people in Alabama with different dress.

They probably offer big discounts on suicide vests for children at this time of year.

Reality can be harsh:

The radical Islamist movement is not part of mainstream Islam. Think southern baptist on steroids in comparison to mainstream Christianity.

Is that the same with the treatment of women, gays, honor killings, terrorist attacks in the name of islam???

Isn't true that sunnis and shites would be happy to kill the other off? Isn't there a proxy war between Iran and Saudi Arabia presently on-going??

You are talking about a radical handful. Mostly remote village people who graft their primitive tribal customs onto religion. Kind of like people in Alabama with different dress.

In my travels in islamic countries that "tribal" atmosphere could be found in every big city. Mosques blaring 24/7 and nothing even mildly resembling countries governed by a religion of peace. Rather an atmosphere of hate and intolerance that was apparent everywhere.

So save the bullshit for people who haven't lived and worked abroad.

Reality can be harsh:

Isn't it true that sunnis and shites would be happy to kill each other off? Isn't there a proxy war between Iran and Saudi Arabia presently on-going??

Yes, gays are brutally treated in many Arab countries. (In one of the Indonesian islands recently, two young gay men were brutally whipped,)

But it is necessary to remember a few things.

1. In Syria, for example, gays -- I have read -- were quietly tolerated so long as they stayed in the closet. (That was the situation before the Civil War at least.)

2. Christians in Europe & the U.S. until recently were also harsh in their treatment of gay people.

a. After World War II, the Allied forces freed all the concentration camp inmates-- EXCEPT men who had been sent there for violating Nazi anti-gay laws.

b. The Englishman who helped saved his country from Nazi invasion was discovered to be gay after the war. He was offered jail or chemical castration. He chose the latter. A few years later, he apparently committed suicide.

c. Here in the States, the police regularly entrapped thousands of gay men, resulting in many of them losing their jobs. New York City cops would even urge landlords to evict gay tenants.

3. Today many countries in Africa brutally treat gays. It is said that some Christian missionaries from the United States urge those countries to do so.

Traditionally, during Ramadam , iftars are roasted in the evening. President Trump even had one roasted for all of his muslim friends when he was serving as President.

They also enjoy the traditional muslim treat of bean pies which are sold throughout the Islamic world.

And gifts of dates when they break the fast.

In my travels in islamic countries that "tribal" atmosphere could be found in every big city. Mosques blaring 24/7 and nothing even mildly resembling countries governed by a religion of peace. Rather an atmosphere of hate and intolerance that was apparent everywhere.

So save the bullshit for people who haven't lived and worked abroad.

One does not have to live or work abroad to understand the murderous intentions of muslims.

Reality can be harsh:

Isn't it true that sunnis and shites would be happy to kill each other off? Isn't there a proxy war between Iran and Saudi Arabia presently on-going??

Yes, gays are brutally treated in many Arab countries. (In one of the Indonesian islands recently, two young gay men were brutally whipped,)

But it is necessary to remember a few things.

1. In Syria, for example, gays -- I have read -- were quietly tolerated so long as they stayed in the closet. (That was the situation before the Civil War at least.)

2. Christians in Europe & the U.S. until recently were also harsh in their treatment of gay people.

a. After World War II, the Allied forces freed all the concentration camp inmates-- EXCEPT men who had been sent there for violating Nazi anti-gay laws.

b. The Englishman who helped saved his country from Nazi invasion was discovered to be gay after the war. He was offered jail or chemical castration. He chose the latter. A few years later, he apparently committed suicide.

c. Here in the States, the police regularly entrapped thousands of gay men, resulting in many of them losing their jobs. New York City cops would even urge landlords to evict gay tenants.

3. Today many countries in Africa brutally treat gays. It is said that some Christian missionaries from the United States urge those countries to do so.

US religious right presses anti-gay laws in Africa

Jul 24, 2012 · CAPE TOWN, South Africa (AP) — Conservative U.S. Christian groups are setting up fronts in Africa to fight for anti-gay and anti-abortion legislation to promote their fundamentalist convictions, a...

How Uganda was seduced by anti-gay conservative evangelicals ...
www.independent.co.uk › news › world
Mar 14, 2014 · One of the first to investigate links between American conservatives and the African anti-gay movement was Kipya Kaoma, a Zambian clergyman living in Boston. Homosexuality was illegal in Uganda...

3, Today many countries in Africa brutally treat gays. It is said that some Christian missionaries from the United States urge those countries to do so.
Perhaps you could post a link to back up your Lies.

Hi,

I am a computer-illiterate old man (84 years old).

I could not post a link to save my life.

I thought that it was common knowledge that some so-called fundamentalist Christian missionaries preach the "evils" of gay relations to their African flocks.

I am sure that you can find such articles by googling.

Have a nice day!

Hi,

I am a computer-illiterate old man (84 years old).

I could not post a link to save my life.

I thought that it was common knowledge that some so-called fundamentalist Christian missionaries preach the "evils" of gay relations to their African flocks.

I am sure that you can find such articles by googling.

Have a nice day!
Being a computer-illiterate old man (84 years old) is no excuse for posting LIES.

Try again.

New Topics

Forum List

Back