I'm still wondering what process you envision that allows CO2 only to reinforce and not to initiate warming. Does the CO2 know in what conditions it is acting?

Besides, you've already repeatedly provided the answer to your conundrum. 3500 ppm is not what you'd call a small concentration, is it.
Sure, just as you apologize for your error and behavior during our discussion about the onset of bipolar glaciation. How's that?

Do you accept the IPCC's conclusions regarding the role of human activity in the warming observed over the last century?
In a word... NO!

They have consistently been 600% higher in all of their predictions of gloom and doom from reality. They started out at 6 Deg C Per doubling of CO2 and now they are cringing that they have lowered that expectation to below 1 deg C per doubling...

Their assumptions as well as their models fail every empirically based observation and review.

Obviously not. I am looking for precisely what I asked for. Billy Bob claimed that the IPCC had lowered their climate sensitivity estimate to below 1C. I want to see where he got such an idea.

You need to rid yourself of the idea that you're going to teach us something about this situation that we don't ALL already know. You're several years behind the rest of us in this discussion.

Obviously not. I am looking for precisely what I asked for. Billy Bob claimed that the IPCC had lowered their climate sensitivity estimate to below 1C. I want to see where he got such an idea.

You need to rid yourself of the idea that you're going to teach us something about this situation that we don't ALL already know. You're several years behind the rest of us in this discussion.
Really? You mean like teaching you about past climate changes that were not driven by CO2?

CO2 did not drive the climate when:

1. The temperature fell 10 million years ago while CO2 was increasing.

2. Antarctic thawing occurred while CO2 values dropped at the OI/Mio transition and never fell below levels of the OI.

3. The glacial-interglacial cycles of the past 500,000 years began while atmospheric CO2 was greater than 400 ppm.

4. It took 12 million years for the temperature to fall to the temperature predicted by radiative forcing of CO2.

Among many other things, yes. Years behind. Try to catch up.
Why don't you explain why CO2 did not drive the climate when:

1. The temperature fell 10 million years ago while CO2 was increasing.

2. Antarctic thawing occurred while CO2 values dropped at the OI/Mio transition and never fell below levels of the OI.

3. The glacial-interglacial cycles of the past 500,000 years began while atmospheric CO2 was greater than 400 ppm.

4. It took 12 million years for the temperature to fall to the temperature predicted by radiative forcing of CO2.

Global Warming : Feature Articles

Wow... doesn't that look like we have a problem!!!!

proxy-based_temperature_reconstruction.png

Not really. It is all part of a natural cycle that has been occurring for the past 400,000 years.

epica_temperature.png

Forum List

Back