the markets think stimulus works

That was written five hours ago in London for the AP.

Right now all major indexes are down which means just thinking about the stimulus --in China no less-- has just destroyed a hundred billion dollars of US wealth in five hours.

You've shared info on what AP's London correspondent says about US stock trader's thoughts and I just reported on US stock trader's actions.

at least it's not 15 trillion....

imho free markets reflect a lot and provide the best system we've come up with so far.
...but we don't have free market...
Say what you want, and most people agree that there are free markets, state run markets, and other markets in between. I like working in the US markets because they're on the good side. If you're not happy about the US you can always move.

1232550426_worf%20face%20palm.gif

The markets don't think stimulus "works" other than that it inflates asset prices, which the market of course loves.

so the market is not a good way to judge what economic policy should be for a country?

The market doesnt know what is best?

Stimulus works and has worked throughout history.

The only reason the right plays dumb now about stimulus is becasue they want to recrash our economy so they can have huge cuts in our social system.

That way the worker is wholey dependent on the Corporations for their very lives.

the same place it has always come from.

Investing in the future of this country is GOOD business and has always paid off

ask the market
Be advised that the market says your articles are wrong...
there are more eheadlines like it today.
You are quite correct in your view that most headline writers say traders want more spending.

There were times decades ago when traders actually wanted spending, but the past say, half dozen years show the opposite. An easy way to show how Obama's bad for market growth is by plotting market indexes along with Obama's approval rating. We get a very strong inverse correlation.

imho free markets reflect a lot and provide the best system we've come up with so far.
Say what you want, and most people agree that there are free markets, state run markets, and other markets in between. I like working in the US markets because they're on the good side. If you're not happy about the US you can always move.

Oh shitfire expat - that is a stupid thing to say.
I don't like the corruption in the financial system so therefore I should move...whatever.
That is beneath you.

Oh shitfire expat - that is a stupid thing to say...
I'm out of my league on that one, I try to steer clear of stupid shitfire talk and leave that whole subject to those that know more about it than I do.
...I don't like the corruption in the financial system ...
Ah, we're dropping the idea that America lacks free markets (smart move).

Now we've jumped over to how much we don't like corruption in the financial markets. I don't like corruption in the financial system either. Nice that we're together now. It's also good to know we're together on the fact that America's markets, corruption and all, are still the best places in the world to do business.

Oh shitfire expat - that is a stupid thing to say...
I'm out of my league on that one, I try to steer clear of stupid shitfire talk and leave that whole subject to those that know more about it than I do.
...I don't like the corruption in the financial system ...
Ah, we're dropping the idea that America lacks free markets (smart move).

Now we've jumped over to how much we don't like corruption in the financial markets. I don't like corruption in the financial system either. Nice that we're together now. It's also good to know we're together on the fact that America's markets, corruption and all, are still the best places in the world to do business.

I didn't move any position. Markets are not free if a select few participants are given access to vast sums of money at no costs. This all but guarantees significant profits for a select few, while hurting everyone else. Not to mention the result of corruption and volatility of false markets.
Look at today - ONCE AGAIN - all he has to do is simply whisper of the chance of more giveaways - and whoo-hoo the markets fly.
Goddamn charade.

Forum List

Back