The Man who Invented Christmas

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
We saw it for the first time last year, and decided to watch it again last night.
It is not a variation of Christmas Carol. But the story of Charles Dickens writing Christmas Carol.
It is done very well. An interesting story of how one of the best selling books worldwide was created, and really did change the way Christmas was celebrated for many many years. Not any more, but that is a different story.

Also... the movie is almost entirely true down to small details. Only one character in the movie was created. Everyone else were all real, and all of the circumstances in the story really did happen.

Last edited:
We saw it for the first time last year, and decided to watch it again last night.
It is not a variation of Christmas Carol. But the story of Charles Dickens writing Christmas Carol.
It is done very well. An interesting story of how one of the best selling books worldwide was created, and really did change the way Christmas was celebrated for many many years. Not any more, but that is a different story.

Also... the movie is almost entirely true down to small details. Only one character in the movie was created. Everyone else were all real, and all of the circumstances in the story really did happen.

Do you have to rent or buy it?

I think two Jews 2000 years ago invented Christmas.Moshe Bloomberg and Menachem Macy.

This is becoming a tradition... watched it again last night.
Once again, if you haven't seen this movie, I recommend it.
I love how the writers came up with the idea to use actors to illustrate how a story is developed by an author.
For instance, he was trying to come up with the character "Scrooge". He thinks of different names, doesn't like any of them, imagines his personality... and then he thinks of the name Scrooge - and he appears in the room. He asks this character questions... "what do you think of Christmas".. "Bah! Humbug" Each character comes alive, and when he is struggling to put pieces together for the story - the characters act up and smart off to him, make fun of him... telling him he can't write

Good movie.

Forum List

Back