The Liberal Narrative: Soc 119 Class

LibertyKid

Platinum Member
May 26, 2021
Several years ago I came across this Youtube Channel "SOC 119". I immediately subscribed, but don't follow along too regularly. But this video caught my attention the other day, and I did share in relation to another thread.

SOC 119 is a sociology class at Penn State. The Professor addresses many social issues and challenges students to critical thinking, reasoning and debate.

In this class he discuss the "Liberal Narrative". He presents a few use cases. The first one regards the Papa Johns owner John Schnatter controversy. The Prof presents the narrative by the media. Then he presents the actual context of the conference call where the "N" word was used. Fast Forward to 8:30 mins in when he starts to address this use case. Or watch the full video for a great conversation. In short, a few students, even when hearing the actual context of the conference call, still will not relax their stance.

In summary, how many of you fully believe our current media, regardless of political affiliation?
Why aren't we the people and hopefully honest politicians holding journalism to a higher accountability?
If you believe there is no bias in our media today, you're part of the problem.

Several years ago I came across this Youtube Channel "SOC 119". I immediately subscribed, but don't follow along too regularly. But this video caught my attention the other day, and I did share in relation to another thread.

SOC 119 is a sociology class at Penn State. The Professor addresses many social issues and challenges students to critical thinking, reasoning and debate.

In this class he discuss the "Liberal Narrative". He presents a few use cases. The first one regards the Papa Johns owner John Schnatter controversy. The Prof presents the narrative by the media. Then he presents the actual context of the conference call where the "N" word was used. Fast Forward to 8:30 mins in when he starts to address this use case. Or watch the full video for a great conversation. In short, a few students, even when hearing the actual context of the conference call, still will not relax their stance.

In summary, how many of you fully believe our current media, regardless of political affiliation?
Why aren't we the people and hopefully honest politicians holding journalism to a higher accountability?
If you believe there is no bias in our media today, you're part of the problem.

The indoctrination is strong in many K-12 schools these days. Even the published textbooks drip with it.

Even if a school district doesn't want that, the textbooks are published by communists.

I watch this guy sometimes too.

It's interesting stuff
This is the video that turned me onto the channel. It's about 5 years old now, but the stats haven't really changed much.
He uses stats to defeat the current narrative of Cops are Racist and Cops on Black Crime narratives.

Forum List

Back