The left continues to deny basic science

It continues to get worse and worse for the ā€œGlobal Warmingā€ crowd. Yet again, we see their political activists posing as ā€œscientistsā€ caught in a lie. Of course, progressives wonā€™t read the article but will deny it anyway.
But after the evidence had been adjusted by tidal records gatekeepers at the global databank Permanent Service for Mean Sea Level (PSMSL) it suddenly showed a sharp and dramatic rise.

The whistle was blown by two Australian scientists Dr. Albert Parker and Dr. Clifford Ollier in a paper for Earth Systems and Environment.
Yep...actual scientists exposed the lie from the left-wing political activists. I wonder how long the left can deny reality before it just becomes too exhausting for them?

Tidalgate: Climate Alarmists Caught Faking Sea Level Rise

The left's entire narrative is completely falling apart with each passing day...
"It has not warmed in Alabama in the last century according to NOAAā€™s own data,ā€ Watts wrote on his website Watts Up With That? ā€œIn fact the average temperature has COOLED since 1895ā€¦"
Alarmists say global warming to blame for ā€˜recordā€™ tick population ā€” but thereā€™s one massive problem
I see. Every Scientific Society, every National Academy of Science, and every major University in the world have policy statements that AGW is real, and a clear and present danger. Now who is it that is denying science?
Appeal to authority - a logical fallacy.

Sent from my SM-G935P using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

The left's entire narrative is completely falling apart with each passing day...
"It has not warmed in Alabama in the last century according to NOAAā€™s own data,ā€ Watts wrote on his website Watts Up With That? ā€œIn fact the average temperature has COOLED since 1895ā€¦"
Alarmists say global warming to blame for ā€˜recordā€™ tick population ā€” but thereā€™s one massive problem
If the idea of global warming is a myth created and pushed by the left, then why do at least 97 percent of climate scientists agree on the reality of human-caused climate change? Do you think all scientists are leftist? That's not likely. Apparently you believe in science or you wouldn't say the left is denying it. Why is your thread title claiming that leftists deny science when you are actually the one denying it? The left agrees with the scientists.

"According to the Yale Program on Climate Change Communication and the George Mason University Center for Climate Change Communication, which conduct an annual survey on what Americans think about climate change, only 13 percent of Americans correctly identified that more than 90 percent of all climate scientists have concluded that human-caused global warming is happening. (Itā€™s actually at least 97 percent of climate scientists that agree human-caused global warming is happening.)"
Almost 90% of Americans donā€™t know thereā€™s scientific consensus on global warming
That's propaganda. Your claim has been debunked 1000 times.

careful patriot

fairly soon after free speech has been squelched

the leftists will burn you at the stake for being a heretic

Nah, nah, it doesn't work like that. Both burn you at the stake & heretic are words of art associated with the Holy Office of the Inquisition (or possibly with the various religious wars back & forth back when). So a Leftist wouldn't indulge (ahem!) in either one. You might plausibly accuse a Leftist of subjecting you to the guillotine - that's a much more accurate punishment, for the temper of the times.

Remember, if you're going to cast aspersions, you need holy water.

What the fuck? The refutation of what the asshole ignoramus said is in the policy statements of the Scientific Societies, National Academies of Science, and the major Universities on this small planet. No matter what you call yourself, that does not keep a lie from being a lie. AGW is a fact, one that nothing to do with politics, and one that has everything to do with the absorption spectrums of CO2, CH4, NOx, and water vapor.
Policy statements are opinion pieces written by political hacks.

I see. Every Scientific Society, every National Academy of Science, and every major University in the world have policy statements that AGW is real, and a clear and present danger. Now who is it that is denying science?

Arguments from authority are strong given that the authority is reliable and the more reliable the authority the stronger the argument.

Arguments from authority are strong given that the authority is reliable and the more reliable the authority the stronger the argument.

Another leftwing idiot who thinks a logical fallacy is "valid." Quoting an authority is never a valid argument in matters of absolute truth, which all scientific theories are.

Another leftwing idiot who thinks a logical fallacy is "valid." Quoting an authority is never a valid argument in matters of absolute truth, which all scientific theories are.
Have any scientific theories ever been declare invalid? Have scientists ever been used as authorities? Have scientists ever been wrong?

They think perverts like Bruce Jenner are real women regardless of the DNA. By the way it snowed in Atlanta over the weekend.

The key word in 'global warming' is GLOBAL. Global mean the average of the entire planet. Some local areas may cool but that is more than offset by the rest of the globe.

Have any scientific theories ever been declare invalid? Have scientists ever been used as authorities? Have scientists ever been wrong?

The theory of relativity isn't true because Einstein says so. It's true because the math and experimental validation prove it to be true. Expert opinion may be relevent in a court case, but it's meaningless in terms of science.

Furthermore, many scientific theories have been proven wrong. For instance, kepler proved the Ptolomaic theory of the solor system to be wrong. Previous to the theory of continental drift being proved correct, geologists believed that continents were stationary. Einstein proved the previous theory that light propogated throught the ether to be wrong.

So if Mencken is the truth, is he to be believed as an authority?

So if Mencken is the truth, is he to be believed as an authority?

That question is nonsensical. Where did I say Mencken was the truth?

Mencken is to be believed because his arguments are convincing, and for no other reason.

What do you expect from people who think men are women and women are men because they feel like it? Or the people who deny unborn babies are genetically unique human beings

The key word in 'global warming' is GLOBAL. Global mean the average of the entire planet. Some local areas may cool but that is more than offset by the rest of the globe.

You mean the one that has been getting colder for so long that the "scientists" had to switch their vocabulary to climate change so they could claim to be correct no matter which direction the temperature goes?

You mean the one that has been getting colder for so long that the "scientists" had to switch their vocabulary to climate change so they could claim to be correct no matter which direction the temperature goes?
No idea what you refer to? Although some glaciers are growing, the vast majority are shrinking. Local and temporary outliers aside, the vast majority of climate scientists agree the earth is warming. It is hard to pin the blame on human actions but that is unimportant since the effects will be the same whether it is natural warming or not.

You talking about universities that are educating people that need safe places, and don't know which bathrooms to use?

Forum List

Back