The largest transfer of wealth in the history of the world...

The whole thread contradicts your position. I can’t
^^^It’s so funny when right wingers get together to sing the praises of a failed economic system and their love of billionaires. Dupes.
^^^ It's so funny when left-wingers get together, and can't make even one single valid argument, but complain about the economic system that has caused us to be the most wealthy nation on Earth with the highest standard of living. Dupes.
Lol. Read the thread dipshit.

I did. You still can't make a single argument, or contradict a single thing I've said.
The whole thread contradicts your bull shit position. I can’t help it you’re stupid.

No doubt you think trickle down economics works for all Americans. LOL

No doubt you think higher taxes work for all Americans. LOL
Fascism. You know what is right?

Yes.
And I know what your whining is.........
Well one thing I know for sure is you’re an idiot.

Waah....taxes are too low, it's fascism........
You’re blind as a bat.

And you're a silly moron.

What tax rates will prevent fascism?
Did I ever post anywhere in this thread anything on tax rates. Dip shits?

Do you talk to yourself? Are you lonely?

Did I ever post anywhere in this thread anything on tax rates.

The largest transfer of wealth in the history of the world... | Page 60 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Alzheimer's?
Not even close, but your cluelessness is evident. A typical dumb con.

You have been making you look stupid the entire thread. Rather silly for you, after how idiotic you have posted, to talk about how dumb other people are.
Right back at you dumb con.

Well I would respond to your post with a reasoned argument..... But we all know that this would require too many words for you.... accord to your own post, it would be just too much for you.

^^^It’s so funny when right wingers get together to sing the praises of a failed economic system and their love of billionaires. Dupes.
^^^ It's so funny when left-wingers get together, and can't make even one single valid argument, but complain about the economic system that has caused us to be the most wealthy nation on Earth with the highest standard of living. Dupes.

I did. You still can't make a single argument, or contradict a single thing I've said.
The whole thread contradicts your bull shit position. I can’t help it you’re stupid.

Yes.

You’re blind as a bat.

The largest transfer of wealth in the history of the world... | Page 60 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Alzheimer's?

You have been making you look stupid the entire thread. Rather silly for you, after how idiotic you have posted, to talk about how dumb other people are.

Well I would respond to your post with a reasoned argument..... But we all know that this would require too many words for you.... accord to your own post, it would be just too much for you.
Hey you capitalists can you dispute the following...logically?

Today, Americans tend to see grotesque accumulations of wealth and power as normal. That’s how far we’ve fallen:
“As the journalist Barry Lynn points out in his book Liberty from All Masters: The New American Autocracy vs. the Will of the People, the robber barons shared with today’s high-tech monopolists a strategy of encouraging people to see immense inequality as a tragic but unavoidable consequence of capitalism and technological change. But as Lynn shows, one of the main differences between then and now is that, compared to today, fewer Americans accepted such rationalizations during the Gilded Age. Today, Americans tend to see grotesque accumulations of wealth and power as normal. Back then, a critical mass of Americans refused to do so, and they waged a decades-long fight for a fair and democratic society.” (emphasis added)

Here’s a good book for you guys, but I fear you won’t bother to read it.
1612039199823.jpeg

Yes.

You’re blind as a bat.

Alzheimer's?

Today, Americans tend to see grotesque accumulations of wealth and power as normal. That’s how far we’ve fallen:
“As the journalist Barry Lynn points out in his book Liberty from All Masters: The New American Autocracy vs. the Will of the People, the robber barons shared with today’s high-tech monopolists a strategy of encouraging people to see immense inequality as a tragic but unavoidable consequence of capitalism and technological change. But as Lynn shows, one of the main differences between then and now is that, compared to today, fewer Americans accepted such rationalizations during the Gilded Age. Today, Americans tend to see grotesque accumulations of wealth and power as normal. Back then, a critical mass of Americans refused to do so, and they waged a decades-long fight for a fair and democratic society.” (emphasis added)

View attachment 450737

Sure, I can dispute nearly all of that, starting with the very very first statement made.

"Today, Americans tend to see grotesque accumulations of wealth and power as normal"

1. Wealth and power are not the same. We know this because AOC, a bar tending bimbo, was able to kick out of New York City, one of the most wealthy corporations in the country, Amazon.

So just from that point right there, already your statement isn't accurate.

2. There is nothing "grotesque" about the accumulation of wealth. Nothing. Sorry, but building wealth is not "grotesque".

End of story, it isn't.

"the robber barons shared with today’s high-tech monopolists a strategy of encouraging people to see immense inequality as a tragic but unavoidable consequence of capitalism and technological change."

1. Facebook is not a monopoly. I know this because there are dozens of other social networking sites that you can join, and I have.

2. It's ironic because the anti-capitalist people on the left, are the very people who celebrated when they shut down Parlor. Isn't it amazing that you complain about monopolies, while doing everything in your power to try and create monopolies for the rich?

3. Inequality is not tragic, but it is a natural consequence of Capitalism. The only way to have equality, is to keep everyone equally poor.

"a critical mass of Americans refused to do so, and they waged a decades-long fight for a fair and democratic society."

Yes, and it did not work then, and it won't work now. The efforts to destroy the rich in the US that started under Hoover and FDR, served only to make the poorest people, worse off, and starving. Maybe you missed it, but the rich during the 1930s... were still rich. The poor in the 1930s with 90% tax rates.... were still poor, and far worse off than during the 1920s. Learn some history.

Why should we? I'm sure there are dozens of wealth envy books out there already. It doesn't matter to me because if all the wealthy became poor by the end of this weekend, it wouldn't help me one bit and you either. I'd rather concentrate on things that will benefit me, not how others have benefited. However if all the wealthy people lost their wealth, the country would collapse since that's where the country gets most of it's money from to run the federal government and associated programs.

Yes.

You’re blind as a bat.

Alzheimer's?

View attachment 450737

Waah....people who provide useful goods and services can get rich....waah.

Yes.

You’re blind as a bat.

Alzheimer's?

View attachment 450737

Waah....people who provide useful goods and services can get rich....waah.
Yeah that’s what we’ve got. Lol.

Why should we? I'm sure there are dozens of wealth envy books out there already. It doesn't matter to me because if all the wealthy became poor by the end of this weekend, it wouldn't help me one bit and you either. I'd rather concentrate on things that will benefit me, not how others have benefited. However if all the wealthy people lost their wealth, the country would collapse since that's where the country gets most of it's money from to run the federal government and associated programs.
Wealth envy? Yeah that’s what the book is about. Lol.

Cons. They’re crazy.

Yes.

You’re blind as a bat.

Alzheimer's?

View attachment 450737

Sure, I can dispute nearly all of that, starting with the very very first statement made.

"Today, Americans tend to see grotesque accumulations of wealth and power as normal"

1. Wealth and power are not the same. We know this because AOC, a bar tending bimbo, was able to kick out of New York City, one of the most wealthy corporations in the country, Amazon.

So just from that point right there, already your statement isn't accurate.

2. There is nothing "grotesque" about the accumulation of wealth. Nothing. Sorry, but building wealth is not "grotesque".

End of story, it isn't.

"the robber barons shared with today’s high-tech monopolists a strategy of encouraging people to see immense inequality as a tragic but unavoidable consequence of capitalism and technological change."

1. Facebook is not a monopoly. I know this because there are dozens of other social networking sites that you can join, and I have.

2. It's ironic because the anti-capitalist people on the left, are the very people who celebrated when they shut down Parlor. Isn't it amazing that you complain about monopolies, while doing everything in your power to try and create monopolies for the rich?

3. Inequality is not tragic, but it is a natural consequence of Capitalism. The only way to have equality, is to keep everyone equally poor.

"a critical mass of Americans refused to do so, and they waged a decades-long fight for a fair and democratic society."

Yes, and it did not work then, and it won't work now. The efforts to destroy the rich in the US that started under Hoover and FDR, served only to make the poorest people, worse off, and starving. Maybe you missed it, but the rich during the 1930s... were still rich. The poor in the 1930s with 90% tax rates.... were still poor, and far worse off than during the 1920s. Learn some history.
All those words yet nothing of substance. It’s as if you live in an alternate universe.

Wealth envy? Yeah that’s what the book is about. Lol.

That's what it seems to be about, and you wealth envy people are in strong numbers.
You fit the description of the dumb American that the author mentions, to a tee. You aren’t a true American, but I am.

Today, Americans tend to see grotesque accumulations of wealth and power as normal. Back then, a critical mass of Americans refused to do so, and they waged a decades-long fight for a fair and democratic society.

You fit the description of the dumb American that the author mentions, to a tee. You aren’t a true American, but I am.

Today, Americans tend to see grotesque accumulations of wealth and power as normal. Back then, a critical mass of Americans refused to do so, and they waged a decades-long fight for a fair and democratic society.

Accumulating wealth is normal in a free country. They don't allow that in countries you adore like North Korea or Cuba. Why do people go to work? To create wealth. Why do people make investments? To create wealth. Why do people play lottery tickets? Hopefully to create wealth even with the extreme odds against them.

Without the ability to create wealth, you'd have no stores to shop at. You'd have no fast food places to pick up some grub. You'd have no social programs because there would be nobody to fund them. We wouldn't have a strong military either. Now if you object to people or companies creating wealth, the solution to your problem is simple: quit giving your money to the wealthy. Quit sending money to the top. After all, you do it every week, and probably several times every week. Not just you, but every American.

Accumulating wealth is normal in a free country. They don't allow that in countries you adore like North Korea or Cuba. Why do people go to work? To create wealth. Why do people make investments? To create wealth. Why do people play lottery tickets? Hopefully to create wealth even with the extreme odds against them.

Without the ability to create wealth, you'd have no stores to shop at. You'd have no fast food places to pick up some grub. You'd have no social programs because there would be nobody to fund them. We wouldn't have a strong military either. Now if you object to people or companies creating wealth, the solution to your problem is simple: quit giving your money to the wealthy. Quit sending money to the top. After all, you do it every week, and probably several times every week. Not just you, but every American.

You too!

You too!

Correct, me too, but I don't complain about it. I freely chose to buy their services or products in exchange for my money.

You too!

Correct, me too, but I don't complain about it. I freely chose to buy their services or products in exchange for my money.

Isn’t Capitalism WONDERFUL? Yippee

You guys are really socialists for the rich...but too dumb to know.

For context, Goldman, Sachs posted revenues of $44.56 billion in 2020, its best year since 2009, a.k.a. the last year Wall Street cashed in on a bailout. Back then, the shortcut back to giganto-bonuses was underwriting fees for financial companies raising money to purge themselves of TARP debt. This time it’s underwriting fees for bond issues and IPOs. The subtext of both bailouts was that anyone who owned or underwrote financial assets got richer, while everyone else got the proverbial high hat. It’s no accident that income inequality dramatically accelerated after the last bailouts, and that the only people to see net gains in wealth since 2008 have been the richest 20% of Americans, a pattern almost certain to continue.

The constant in the bailout years has been a battery of artificial stimulants sent through the financial sector, from the TARP to years of zero-interest-rate policies (ZIRP) to outright interventions like the multiple trillion-dollar rounds of Quantitative Easing. All that froth allowed finance companies to suck out hundreds of billions in fees, encouraged lunatic risk-taking in every direction and rampages of private equity takeovers, and kept a vast stable of functionally dead companies alive on cheap credit.
Suck It, Wall Street

You too!

For context, Goldman, Sachs posted revenues of $44.56 billion in 2020, its best year since 2009, a.k.a. the last year Wall Street cashed in on a bailout. Back then, the shortcut back to giganto-bonuses was underwriting fees for financial companies raising money to purge themselves of TARP debt. This time it’s underwriting fees for bond issues and IPOs. The subtext of both bailouts was that anyone who owned or underwrote financial assets got richer, while everyone else got the proverbial high hat. It’s no accident that income inequality dramatically accelerated after the last bailouts, and that the only people to see net gains in wealth since 2008 have been the richest 20% of Americans, a pattern almost certain to continue.

The constant in the bailout years has been a battery of artificial stimulants sent through the financial sector, from the TARP to years of zero-interest-rate policies (ZIRP) to outright interventions like the multiple trillion-dollar rounds of Quantitative Easing. All that froth allowed finance companies to suck out hundreds of billions in fees, encouraged lunatic risk-taking in every direction and rampages of private equity takeovers, and kept a vast stable of functionally dead companies alive on cheap credit.
Suck It, Wall Street

I don't know what that has to do with it. The Democrats are in bed with Wall Street so that's not too much of a surprise. I'm all for capitalism but against government bailouts. The banks didn't encourage anything, it was the government who promoted and wrote guidlines for buying houses, especially the minority and the poor. They lowered the requirements to the point people with no money were buying houses with 0% down and no credit check.

You too!

Suck It, Wall Street

I don't know what that has to do with it. The Democrats are in bed with Wall Street so that's not too much of a surprise. I'm all for capitalism but against government bailouts. The banks didn't encourage anything, it was the government who promoted and wrote guidlines for buying houses, especially the minority and the poor. They lowered the requirements to the point people with no money were buying houses with 0% down and no credit check.

Are the Republicans also in bed with Wall Street?

Are the Republicans also in bed with Wall Street?

Maybe, but not like the Democrats are. Let's see what they do about this Game Stop situation where some stopped allowing investors to buy upwards stock. Those wall street boys took it in the ass on that one.

Forum List

Back