The "Keep Your Health Plan Act"

Do you approve of this legislation?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Moneyman

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2012
The house is voting on legislation that would allow people who like their plans to be able to keep it through 2014. I think it should be forever like Obama promised, but I am guessing they know that might be viewed as "too extreme" by some people, and they know Obama isn't going to approve the legislation anyways, and Reid probably doesn't put it up for vote. This could be viewed as a very reasonable approach by House Republicans that will get some House Dems in favor of it as well.

The "Keep Your Health Plan Act" is a simple, sensible solution that would allow health plans being offered today to continue into next year. Particularly as consumers struggle with the error-prone online enrollment process, the Keep Your Health Plan Act is a voluntary escape hatch that would give added flexibility for Americans who truly want to keep the plan they have.
Implementation of the president's health care law has generated confusion and concern. That's not what health reform should be about. Americans deserve to know that in times of need, they will have the coverage and care that they want, need and can afford.

The question is, will Obama approve of this, and will Reid even put it up for vote? And do you support legislation like this?

Poll has been added. I think this is a very smart move by House Republicans.

Not only do I think it s a good idea, I think it would be a good idea for Dems to join in and save themselves if they are up in 2014.

The house is voting on legislation that would allow people who like their plans to be able to keep it through 2014. I think it should be forever like Obama promised, but I am guessing they know that might be viewed as "too extreme" by some people, and they know Obama isn't going to approve the legislation anyways, and Reid probably doesn't put it up for vote. This could be viewed as a very reasonable approach by House Republicans that will get some House Dems in favor of it as well.

The "Keep Your Health Plan Act" is a simple, sensible solution that would allow health plans being offered today to continue into next year. Particularly as consumers struggle with the error-prone online enrollment process, the Keep Your Health Plan Act is a voluntary escape hatch that would give added flexibility for Americans who truly want to keep the plan they have.
Implementation of the president's health care law has generated confusion and concern. That's not what health reform should be about. Americans deserve to know that in times of need, they will have the coverage and care that they want, need and can afford.

The question is, will Obama approve of this, and will Reid even put it up for vote? And do you support legislation like this?

Reid is Obama's puppy dog, he'll do whatever he's told to do. Obama/Reid could care less if the American people are suffering because of their dimwitted policies and legislation.

Neither of them are up for re-election so expect to be screwed over.

btw. 4.2 million Americans have letters of insurance cancellations, Democrats in general could care less or at least it appears that way..

I doubt Obama will approve of anything the House does in regards to Obamacare anyways. Plus approving of this bill would pretty much mean that Obama said he didn't keep his promise and lied to the American people.

Win-win move for R.

The KYHP act has to be viable within the ACA or expand all who want ACA to a medicare type plan.

Let's hope Reid is stupid enough to prevent a vote. Americans need to KNOW as they go to the polls in 2014 how much a vote to continue the Democrat madness will cost them.

This plan will allow people who LIKE their insurance to keep it. Why should gov't tell people what plan they should like, and what plan they should hate?

Let's hope Reid is stupid enough to prevent a vote. Americans need to KNOW as they go to the polls in 2014 how much a vote to continue the Democrat madness will cost them.

Meh, even if Reid does allow a vote, Obama won't approve it because it will basically say he broke a promise or lied to the American people which is why he would veto it.

Meh, even if Reid does allow a vote, Obama won't approve it because it will basically say he broke a promise or lied to the American people which is why he would veto it.

Hey, whatever works. Either way people need to fully understand the taste of the lash Obamacare will cause them to experience.

No more freeloaders on crappe insurance. Welcome to civilization.

I get tired of liberals deciding what is best for everyone, no one is forcing you to change. My plan is a great plan for me. Why can I not keep it?

The poll choices are inadequate.

Many here are independents, libertarians, or political agnostics.

Well now, this is a day late and a dollar short for those who have already been cancelled.

Forum List

Back