The Juneteenth Holiday- a bit too far?

The 4th of July is a lie too.

September 3, 1783 was the end of the Revolutionary War. Had the colonies lost, there would have been no independence for property owning white males.

The black people already have MLK's Birthday as a legal holiday, and now they are getting a 2nd.

But there are plenty of other ethnicities that don't have a single Legallly represented holiday. And some ethnically based holidays like the Italian people's Columbus Day are in danger of being abolished by Libtards.

Are 2 holidays too many for everyone to be black on? I'll be doing my best to celebrate Monday's festivities and eat some fried chicken and drink some malt liquor, maybe even wear my trousers in the sagging fashion.

But it it too much, as we already did that in January?

Keep Juneteenth and MLK Day.

Get rid of Kwanzaa.

Oh wait, no one celebrates Kwanzaa anyway. Thank God.

You don't get to decide these things.

American Blacks have decided. Which is why I completely ignore it in my classroom. Wholly inauthentic.

In 2006, a poll from the National Retail Federation found that only 2.3 percent of African-Americans celebrated Kwanzaa. That number has slipped in recent years. In fact it’s estimated that only 500,000 out of America’s 40 million blacks currently celebrate the holiday. That’s a measly 1.25 percent of America’s black population.

“You still have people who actually celebrate it,” Kwanzaa expert Keith Mayes told The Philadelphia Inquirer two years ago. “You have third generations of Kwanzaa celebrants… but Kwanzaa no longer has its movement which brought it forth, which is the black power movement. That movement has waned.”

Forum List

Back