The Iron Law of power density and the myth of solar and wind energy .....

Farisan island is all solar. Don't Americans know how?

No one said it can't be done, dummy. What we are saying is solar is inefficient.

For the same acreage that they are covering with those solar panels you could have a fossil fuel plant providing 1000 megawatts of energy.

Which is bigger? 1000 megawatts, or 846,000 watts?

Mainly cars for a start. EV's can't do it 1 for 1.
I would suggest even 1 for 10 will be very difficult.
Lacking means of necessary transportation is 'downward' until solutions are found and implemented.
Hybrids are the intermediate step as they have the mileage and the range, not EV's. That said I like EBikes for piddling around in the city.

more organic agriculture,

How is low yield agriculture going to save us?
I said more organic, not all organic. People overeat by a factor of at least 2X which leads to poor health and a huge fossil fuel hungry healthcare system.

Yields can be comparable depending on what and where the crops are grown. Conventional fossil fuel dependent farming is collapsing in many places around the globe. Not so with organic.

Last edited:
I said more organic, not all organic. People overeat by a factor of at least 2X which leads to poor health and a huge fossil fuel hungry healthcare system.

Yields can be comparable depending on what and where the crops are grown. Conventional fossil fuel dependent farming is collapsing in many places around the globe. Not so with organic.

Organic is less efficient. Lower yield. Higher cost.

Yields can be comparable depending on what and where the crops are grown.

Link?

Conventional fossil fuel dependent farming is collapsing in many places around the globe.

Where is it collapsing?

Yields can be comparable depending on what and where the crops are grown.

Link?

Conventional fossil fuel dependent farming is collapsing in many places around the globe.

Where is it collapsing?
From the link.
"Under certain conditions—that is, with good management practices, particular crop types and growing conditions—organic systems can thus nearly match conventional yields..."

It's collapsing in India, and in danger elsewhere.

Last edited:
From the link.
"Under certain conditions—that is, with good management practices, particular crop types and growing conditions—organic systems can thus nearly match conventional yields..."

It's collapsing in India.

1692215008901.png

Especially in the third-world where they need higher yields and more food.
It sucks that they have to burn dung instead of using it as fertilizer.
The 'green revolution' produced a population explosion in the third world that is unsustainable. The land and the people are sick because of the chemicals used that are needed to sustain yields. Sadly, Monsanto can't produce water on demand.

Why do lower yields matter at all since 40 percent of all food is wasted? If you pay a little more for food, you might be more inclined to eat it all up. I can hold all the food I waste in year in the palm of one hand. ;)

Well, when people are starving, higher yields matter a lot.

It's about doing the best the world can when faced with a near impossible task of stopping and reversing climate change or AGW.

We haven't even started to consider the huge sacrifices we're going to have to make.

One of the most hurtful changes is in EV's not being able to replace gasoline and diesel vehicles and hence a new lifestyle must be adopted.
AGW has not been proven and Earth's climate changes on its own.

the amount of stupid in that statement of yours is outstanding. Thanks for the laugh. You think you can control weather. hahahahaahahahahahahaahahah
Yeah I have asked them over and over to cite an experiment where humans were able to stop as hurricane or tornado. No one yet has come up with anything.

Forum List

Back