The Intercept’s Story About Government Policing Disinfo Is Absolute Garbage

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011

The Intercept had a big story this week that is making the rounds, suggesting that “leaked” documents prove the DHS has been coordinating with tech companies to suppress information. The story has been immediately picked up by the usual suspects, claiming it reveals the “smoking gun” of how the Biden administration was abusing government power to censor them on social media.

The only problem? It shows nothing of the sort.

The article is garbage. It not only misreads things, it is confused about what the documents the reporters have actually say, and presents widely available, widely known things as if they were secret and hidden when they were not.

The entire article is a complete nothingburger, and is fueling a new round of lies and nonsense from people who find it useful to misrepresent reality. If the Intercept had any credibility at all it would retract the article and examine whatever processes failed in leading to the article getting published.

[snip]

Let’s go through the supposed “bombshells”:

Behind closed doors, and through pressure on private platforms, the U.S. government has used its power to try to shape online discourse. According to meeting minutes and other records appended to a lawsuit filed by Missouri Attorney General Eric Schmitt, a Republican who is also running for Senate, discussions have ranged from the scale and scope of government intervention in online discourse to the mechanics of streamlining takedown requests for false or intentionally misleading information.
This sounds all scary and stuff, but most of those “meeting minutes” are from the already very, very public Misinformation & Disinformation Subcommittee that was part of an effort to counter foreign influence campaigns. As is clear on their website, their focus is very much on information sharing, with an eye towards protecting privacy and civil liberties, not suppressing speech.

[snip]

And if you read the actual document it’s… all kinda reasonable? It does talk about responding to misinformation and disinformation threats, mainly around elections — not by suppressing speech, but by sharing information to help local election officials respond to it and provide correct information. From the actual, non-scary, very public report:

Currently, many election officials across the country are struggling to conduct their critical work of administering our elections while responding to an overwhelming amount of inquiries, including false and misleading allegations. Some elections officials are even experiencing physical threats. Based on briefings to this subcommittee by an election official, CISA should be providing support — through education, collaboration, and funding — for election officials to pre-empt and respond to MD

The weak-minded, gaslighted tard herd has overwhelmed the system with so much BULLSHIT, that our democracy is being overwhelmed with their paranoid masturbatory fantasies. And now their idiocy is being raised to the power of ten by being told the responses to their stupid claims is a form of government suppression!

Our country is being sucked into a black hole of stupidity from which we may not be able to escape.

I know I'm wasting my time telling the tard herd to read the article. It is beyond hopeless they will ever snap out of their delusions.

The Intercept had a big story this week that is making the rounds, suggesting that “leaked” documents prove the DHS has been coordinating with tech companies to suppress information. The story has been immediately picked up by the usual suspects, claiming it reveals the “smoking gun” of how the Biden administration was abusing government power to censor them on social media.

The article is garbage. It not only misreads things, it is confused about what the documents the reporters have actually say, and presents widely available, widely known things as if they were secret and hidden when they were not.

The entire article is a complete nothingburger, and is fueling a new round of lies and nonsense from people who find it useful to misrepresent reality. If the Intercept had any credibility at all it would retract the article and examine whatever processes failed in leading to the article getting published.

[snip]

This sounds all scary and stuff, but most of those “meeting minutes” are from the already very, very public Misinformation & Disinformation Subcommittee that was part of an effort to counter foreign influence campaigns. As is clear on their website, their focus is very much on information sharing, with an eye towards protecting privacy and civil liberties, not suppressing speech.

[snip]

And if you read the actual document it’s… all kinda reasonable? It does talk about responding to misinformation and disinformation threats, mainly around elections — not by suppressing speech, but by sharing information to help local election officials respond to it and provide correct information. From the actual, non-scary, very public report:

The weak-minded, gaslighted tard herd has overwhelmed the system with so much BULLSHIT, that our democracy is being overwhelmed with their paranoid masturbatory fantasies. And now their idiocy is being raised to the power of ten by being told the responses to their stupid claims is a form of government suppression!

Our country is being sucked into a black hole of stupidity from which we may not be able to escape.

I know I'm wasting my time telling the tard herd to read the article. It is beyond hopeless they will ever snap out of their delusions.
so now youre the one believing what they read,,,

you debunked your own debunk,, or something like that,, its to twisted to really nail down,,,

All anyone has to do is observe the obvious of what has happened in this country since 2008. You focus on one article to "prove" there is no collusion between our government and big tech? There certainly is, as well as collusion with the Media, the defense industry, the drug industry and China. Just open your eyes and you shall see.

All anyone has to do is observe the obvious of what has happened in this country since 2008. You focus on one article to "prove" there is no collusion between our government and big tech? There certainly is, as well as collusion with the Media, the defense industry, the drug industry and China. Just open your eyes and you shall see.
started long before 2008,, dems and repubes have been setting us up for failure since the 20"s

TARD: The government faked the moon landings!

UNCLE SAM: Here are some links which debunk every moon hoax claim.

TARD: Help! Help! I'm being oppressed!

[snip]

[snip]

When I read the Intercept article a week ago, I thought the same thing, it was way over blown! I also thought the Gateway Pundit version posted here on a thread was complete skewed propaganda!

Most all of this occurred before the election, it was TRUMP'S team of people and Trump's executive creation of the department, yet the GWP headline was deceptively claiming iit was BIDEN doing this....and democrats.

[snip]

[snip]

You are a black hole of stupidity. Congrats !

Pro censorship Democrats are pure evil.

Democrats want to control what Americans can and can't say and what information they receive.

Forum List

Back