The Insanity of Voting by Mail

But you’d trust millions of votes would all get to the correct precinct and be the actual vote cast. There’s all the evidence I need you all are evil

Did you have a problem with this system before this year?
Indeed

We already have had millions of votes by mail. Please direct me to any of your posts discussing this issue prior to this year.

Thanks in advance.
It wasn’t important until now!

Don't worry, when your cash gets to me, I will send it right back to you. I'm not going to keep it. This is just a test to prove how sound our mail-in balloting scheme is.

I wouldn’t trust you to send it back.

That's hurtful

Truth hurts.

Your little challenge didn’t exactly work as you intended.

If you were a reader, you would know that it's not my challenge

The challenge you posted.

But you’d trust millions of votes would all get to the correct precinct and be the actual vote cast. There’s all the evidence I need you all are evil

Indeed

We already have had millions of votes by mail. Please direct me to any of your posts discussing this issue prior to this year.

Thanks in advance.

You didn't say anything about millions of people voting by mail before. I guess it was fine to you before.

Indeed

Thanks in advance.

You didn't say anything about millions of people voting by mail before. I guess it was fine to you before.
Nope, never. I don’t do recounts either. No discussion about it right now

Our whole voting system is vulnerable to abuse or mishandling of some kind, just because the moment your ballot leaves your hand & given to another, it's out of your control of what happens with it.......whether in person or by mail. And the biggest difference between the two, is that mail in's involve more people that can either 'misplace' ballots or chose not to count them correctly

Your argument is that the "greatest country in the world" is now unable to innovate and move into the future.

Well.......let's take a look at what happens.......

Voting by mail.....you get your ballot in the mail weeks before the election. If your dog hasn't chewed it or the kids colored on it or maybe you've spilled coffee on it....you finally fill it out and put it in your mail box or take it to street corner mail box, where it could be broken into & stolen. If it manages to escape all that, the mail carrier picks it up and takes it back to the PO, where someone sorts the mail, then gets shipped to the main office by delivery person that hands it off to someone else to be further sorted & stamped or otherwise processed. Then is delivered by another employee to the county office. That person then may hand it off to another (or more) to be processed & counted.

There are several people between your hand and actual count.......just throwing out a number here, but let's say 10 people handle that ballot. Could be more, could be less.

Voting in person..........you get your ballot from an official, fill it out and hand it back to the official that is added to the thousands of other ballots. That is then given to someone else and who knows how many others before it's counted. Any one of those people could misplace your ballot at any stage of the process.

Again, just throwing out a number, but your ballot could be handled by 3-5 people.

My point is that people do make mistakes. Some people do have biases enough to not count votes that they don't agree with, and the more people involved the greater the odds of problems occurring.

There should be a system available that is 100% safe from anyone's tampering......where nothing & nobody comes between you and your vote being counted......but currently there isn't one

So to address your comment specifically......it's not that we CAN'T move into the future, it's just that we haven't yet. Mail in voting is subject to more problems, but also is in-person voting on a smaller scale, but neither is truly safe

I haven't seen a street mail box in years. I take all my mail directly to the PO.

Maybe in your area......but there are still a few scattered around.

Indeed

Thanks in advance.

Nope, never. I don’t do recounts either. No discussion about it right now

Seems inconsistent. You had no problem with the process before but now you have a problem with it.

so you knew what i was talking about so no big deal..........
no chain of custody. zip. nadda. the paper is invalid since no one can secure the ballot like a machine.
if you mail your ballot all the post office is required to do is post mark it and get it to the register of voters....
Nope, not if the postage is pre-paid. No postmark on those.
if it goes through the sorting machine which many do it gets a postmark....
There’s no confirmation of delivery
no there isnt but chances are it will be delivered.....you can always just bring it down to the register of voters yourself but then will you trust them to count it?....

no chain of custody. zip. nadda. the paper is invalid since no one can secure the ballot like a machine.
if you mail your ballot all the post office is required to do is post mark it and get it to the register of voters....
Link.
any mail that goes through the OCR gets postmarked.....i dont need a link i have seen it many a time....
Well I need you to provide a link.

How do you assure that ballots will be loaded into an OCR??
What if DACA recipient Poncho Villa shows up at the election headquarters with 100,000 filled out mail-in ballots that never went through the OCR? He found them boxed up in a church basement. Then the DEMOCRAT running the place says she will accept them and wait till after election to start counting them.

(This is called vote harvesting)
any ballots in the incoming mail go through the same process....if someone brings in 100,000 mail ballots they would probably just refer them to the register of voters.....and once again....the PO does not count ballots....and there was a lot of republicans working there when i was there....

any ballots in the incoming mail go through the same process....if someone brings in 100,000 mail ballots they would probably just refer them to the register of voters.....and once again....the PO does not count ballots....and there was a lot of republicans working there when i was there
No chain of custody

There’s no confirmation of delivery
no there isnt but chances are it will be delivered.....you can always just bring it down to the register of voters yourself but then will you trust them to count it?....
Nope. Florida proved that. Compromised election judges

Our whole voting system is vulnerable to abuse or mishandling of some kind, just because the moment your ballot leaves your hand & given to another, it's out of your control of what happens with it.......whether in person or by mail. And the biggest difference between the two, is that mail in's involve more people that can either 'misplace' ballots or chose not to count them correctly

Your argument is that the "greatest country in the world" is now unable to innovate and move into the future.

Voting by mail.....you get your ballot in the mail weeks before the election. If your dog hasn't chewed it or the kids colored on it or maybe you've spilled coffee on it....you finally fill it out and put it in your mail box or take it to street corner mail box, where it could be broken into & stolen. If it manages to escape all that, the mail carrier picks it up and takes it back to the PO, where someone sorts the mail, then gets shipped to the main office by delivery person that hands it off to someone else to be further sorted & stamped or otherwise processed. Then is delivered by another employee to the county office. That person then may hand it off to another (or more) to be processed & counted.

There are several people between your hand and actual count.......just throwing out a number here, but let's say 10 people handle that ballot. Could be more, could be less.

Voting in person..........you get your ballot from an official, fill it out and hand it back to the official that is added to the thousands of other ballots. That is then given to someone else and who knows how many others before it's counted. Any one of those people could misplace your ballot at any stage of the process.

Again, just throwing out a number, but your ballot could be handled by 3-5 people.

My point is that people do make mistakes. Some people do have biases enough to not count votes that they don't agree with, and the more people involved the greater the odds of problems occurring.

There should be a system available that is 100% safe from anyone's tampering......where nothing & nobody comes between you and your vote being counted......but currently there isn't one

So to address your comment specifically......it's not that we CAN'T move into the future, it's just that we haven't yet. Mail in voting is subject to more problems, but also is in-person voting on a smaller scale, but neither is truly safe

I haven't seen a street mail box in years. I take all my mail directly to the PO.

most have been removed because of vandalism.....people used to throw all kinds of shit in them, broken bottles with whatever was in them so the mail was soaked.....all kinds of different things...

take it to street corner mail box,
not to many of them around anymore....
the mail carrier picks it up and takes it back to the PO, where someone sorts the mail
usually done by a machine
then gets shipped to the main office by delivery person that hands it off to someone else to be further sorted & stamped or otherwise processed.
not how it works...

Actually, there are still a few around.......plus they set up 'drop boxes' the day of the election.

the mail carrier picks it up and takes it back to the PO, where someone sorts the mail

Yet, it's still handed off from the carrier to someone else that runs the machine

then gets shipped to the main office by delivery person that hands it off to someone else to be further sorted & stamped or otherwise processed.
not how it works.

Maybe yours in different, but my mail is picked up by the mail carrier, who takes it back to the local PO that is sorted and is then sent to the main facility before being sent to whatever destination. Ballots may be handled differently and go directly to the county office, IDK.....but there is still 2 or 3 stops from my mail box to the county elections office....and at each stop, goes thru atleast 2 people......so yeah, that is how it works

The only way to cut down on the number of people involved handling your ballot, is to put it in a specific drop box the day of the election. Where you put your ballot and an election official takes it back to the office, then others process it.
it isnt sorted at the local PO the carrier dumps the mail into a bin which will go to the main processing plant and the only 2 people who touch it there are the clerk who feeds the machine and the clerk who is at the other end getting the processed mail......in my city the register of voters came to pick up their mail which would include any ballets....and usually the ballets were put in sealed trays.....

So that's still 3 people within the postal service that handle the ballots, before they get to elections. Usually an election official would pick them up at the PO (or are delivered by postal?), that is then handed to someone else to process.

Either way you cut it, there are still several people involved and the risk of problems go up

Why don't you have the same problem with your holiday mail and packages?

Millions more pieces of mail and packages go through the US mail at the holidays than in one election cycle.

Give me a break.

If you are so scared of your vote going through the mail, by all means go vote in person. Wear a mask, social distance and bring a Clorox wipe with you to wipe down the voting machine before you touch it. Or you can just not vote.

That solves your problem.

Sure I'll give you a break......I don't have a problem with holiday mail because I don't send anything thru the mail at the holidays. This isn't about personal mail anyway, is an election ballot that can carry federal legal repercussions if tampered with. But you can go ahead & wipe your ass with it and call it good.

I live in Washington state where I have no other choice than to vote by mail. There is NO place I can go to vote in person........which as I've already stated includes handing off your ballot to someone else and the more people that handle the ballots have higher risk of problems

Also discussed before you stuck your nose into it........was the point that we do need a better system that would ensure the safety and integrity of elections.........or did you forget what you were screaming about in 2016 because you just couldn't imagine how else Trump won????

most have been removed because of vandalism.....people used to throw all kinds of shit in them, broken bottles with whatever was in them so the mail was soaked.....all kinds of different things...
No chain of custody

No chain of custody
yea thats it.....

not how it works...

Actually, there are still a few around.......plus they set up 'drop boxes' the day of the election.

Yet, it's still handed off from the carrier to someone else that runs the machine

not how it works.

Maybe yours in different, but my mail is picked up by the mail carrier, who takes it back to the local PO that is sorted and is then sent to the main facility before being sent to whatever destination. Ballots may be handled differently and go directly to the county office, IDK.....but there is still 2 or 3 stops from my mail box to the county elections office....and at each stop, goes thru atleast 2 people......so yeah, that is how it works

The only way to cut down on the number of people involved handling your ballot, is to put it in a specific drop box the day of the election. Where you put your ballot and an election official takes it back to the office, then others process it.
it isnt sorted at the local PO the carrier dumps the mail into a bin which will go to the main processing plant and the only 2 people who touch it there are the clerk who feeds the machine and the clerk who is at the other end getting the processed mail......in my city the register of voters came to pick up their mail which would include any ballets....and usually the ballets were put in sealed trays.....

So that's still 3 people within the postal service that handle the ballots, before they get to elections. Usually an election official would pick them up at the PO (or are delivered by postal?), that is then handed to someone else to process.

Either way you cut it, there are still several people involved and the risk of problems go up

Why don't you have the same problem with your holiday mail and packages?

Millions more pieces of mail and packages go through the US mail at the holidays than in one election cycle.

Give me a break.

If you are so scared of your vote going through the mail, by all means go vote in person. Wear a mask, social distance and bring a Clorox wipe with you to wipe down the voting machine before you touch it. Or you can just not vote.

That solves your problem.

Sure I'll give you a break......I don't have a problem with holiday mail because I don't send anything thru the mail at the holidays. This isn't about personal mail anyway, is an election ballot that can carry federal legal repercussions if tampered with. But you can go ahead & wipe your ass with it and call it good.

I live in Washington state where I have no other choice than to vote by mail. There is NO place I can go to vote in person........which as I've already stated includes handing off your ballot to someone else and the more people that handle the ballots have higher risk of problems

Also discussed before you stuck your nose into it........was the point that we do need a better system that would ensure the safety and integrity of elections.........or did you forget what you were screaming about in 2016 because you just couldn't imagine how else Trump won????
No chain of custody

Nope. Florida proved that. Compromised election judges

Yet you're ok with mail-in voting in Florida?
Did I say that? Quote me

Oh. Are you in favor of mail-in voting in Florida or against it?
Quote me. You lazy fk

I don't know if you said it or not. I'm asking you.

Are you in favor of mail-in voting in Florida or against it?

Forum List

Back