The Insanity of Voting by Mail

take it to street corner mail box,
not to many of them around anymore....
the mail carrier picks it up and takes it back to the PO, where someone sorts the mail
usually done by a machine
then gets shipped to the main office by delivery person that hands it off to someone else to be further sorted & stamped or otherwise processed.
not how it works...

Actually, there are still a few around.......plus they set up 'drop boxes' the day of the election.

the mail carrier picks it up and takes it back to the PO, where someone sorts the mail

Yet, it's still handed off from the carrier to someone else that runs the machine

then gets shipped to the main office by delivery person that hands it off to someone else to be further sorted & stamped or otherwise processed.
not how it works.

Maybe yours in different, but my mail is picked up by the mail carrier, who takes it back to the local PO that is sorted and is then sent to the main facility before being sent to whatever destination. Ballots may be handled differently and go directly to the county office, IDK.....but there is still 2 or 3 stops from my mail box to the county elections office....and at each stop, goes thru atleast 2 people......so yeah, that is how it works

The only way to cut down on the number of people involved handling your ballot, is to put it in a specific drop box the day of the election. Where you put your ballot and an election official takes it back to the office, then others process it.
it isnt sorted at the local PO the carrier dumps the mail into a bin which will go to the main processing plant and the only 2 people who touch it there are the clerk who feeds the machine and the clerk who is at the other end getting the processed mail......in my city the register of voters came to pick up their mail which would include any ballets....and usually the ballets were put in sealed trays.....

So that's still 3 people within the postal service that handle the ballots, before they get to elections. Usually an election official would pick them up at the PO (or are delivered by postal?), that is then handed to someone else to process.

Either way you cut it, there are still several people involved and the risk of problems go up

Why don't you have the same problem with your holiday mail and packages?

Millions more pieces of mail and packages go through the US mail at the holidays than in one election cycle.

Give me a break.

If you are so scared of your vote going through the mail, by all means go vote in person. Wear a mask, social distance and bring a Clorox wipe with you to wipe down the voting machine before you touch it. Or you can just not vote.

That solves your problem.

Better than demanding that thousands of people congregate in unsafe polling places in order to cast a vote.

There is minimal evidence of voter fraud from mail in voting.
This is just another attempt to throw a monkey wrench in the works.
What will happen when the elections results is in dispute because so many voters have been disenfranchised thanks to hold ups in the US Postal Service....the rejection of valid ballots because they didn't have proper signatures or postal time stamps? The 2000 Florida recount will be nothing in comparison to the mess this will create.....and Democrats want that. They want a disputed election so the Speaker can hand pick who is president.

That 2000 debacle was exactly why the republican's of Florida pushed through mail in voting in 2002.

Yes it's why my state went 100% mail in voting. The legislation was passed in my state in 2002. By 2005 it was all in place.

We've been voting mail in ballot ever since.

There are no voting places in my state. No one can vote in person.

not how it works...

Actually, there are still a few around.......plus they set up 'drop boxes' the day of the election.

Yet, it's still handed off from the carrier to someone else that runs the machine

not how it works.

Maybe yours in different, but my mail is picked up by the mail carrier, who takes it back to the local PO that is sorted and is then sent to the main facility before being sent to whatever destination. Ballots may be handled differently and go directly to the county office, IDK.....but there is still 2 or 3 stops from my mail box to the county elections office....and at each stop, goes thru atleast 2 people......so yeah, that is how it works

The only way to cut down on the number of people involved handling your ballot, is to put it in a specific drop box the day of the election. Where you put your ballot and an election official takes it back to the office, then others process it.
it isnt sorted at the local PO the carrier dumps the mail into a bin which will go to the main processing plant and the only 2 people who touch it there are the clerk who feeds the machine and the clerk who is at the other end getting the processed mail......in my city the register of voters came to pick up their mail which would include any ballets....and usually the ballets were put in sealed trays.....

So that's still 3 people within the postal service that handle the ballots, before they get to elections. Usually an election official would pick them up at the PO (or are delivered by postal?), that is then handed to someone else to process.

Either way you cut it, there are still several people involved and the risk of problems go up
if you mean by handling physically touching them one guy dumps the mail on a belt the other guy takes trays off the other end....and the PO has cameras everywhere......in my office of 20 routes we counted 30 cameras.....the inspectors have eyes everywhere.....if someone is going to do something to the ballets it is unlikely it would be in the PO itself.....
What does dancing have to do with voting?

It's "ballot", not "ballet".
so you knew what i was talking about so no big deal..........

not how it works...

not how it works.

if you mean by handling physically touching them one guy dumps the mail on a belt the other guy takes trays off the other end....and the PO has cameras everywhere......in my office of 20 routes we counted 30 cameras.....the inspectors have eyes everywhere.....if someone is going to do something to the ballets it is unlikely it would be in the PO itself.....
what part of chain of custody is broken misses you?

not how it works...

not how it works.

Millions more pieces of mail and packages go through the US mail at the holidays than in one election cycle.

Give me a break.

If you are so scared of your vote going through the mail, by all means go vote in person. Wear a mask, social distance and bring a Clorox wipe with you to wipe down the voting machine before you touch it. Or you can just not vote.

i dont think he is talking about volume... i take it he thinks that many people pick up the ballets and can fuck with them,thats not so.....maybe somewhere outside the PO but at election time election mail is monitored and like i said earlier cameras are everywhere in the PO....

Yes it's why my state went 100% mail in voting. The legislation was passed in my state in 2002. By 2005 it was all in place.

We've been voting mail in ballot ever since.

There are no voting places in my state. No one can vote in person.
no chain of custody. it's illegal. isn't valid all that. you can't say shit about it.

i dont think he is talking about volume... i take it he thinks that many people pick up the ballets and can fuck with them,thats not so.....maybe somewhere outside the PO but at election time election mail is monitored and like i said earlier cameras are everywhere in the PO....
no chain of custody. you should look up what that means.

Better than demanding that thousands of people congregate in unsafe polling places in order to cast a vote.

What will happen when the elections results is in dispute because so many voters have been disenfranchised thanks to hold ups in the US Postal Service....the rejection of valid ballots because they didn't have proper signatures or postal time stamps? The 2000 Florida recount will be nothing in comparison to the mess this will create.....and Democrats want that. They want a disputed election so the Speaker can hand pick who is president.

That 2000 debacle was exactly why the republican's of Florida pushed through mail in voting in 2002.
Bullshit.

The 2000 election proved that Floridians are sometimes too dumb to vote.

not how it works...

not how it works.

what part of chain of custody is broken misses you?
once it gets to a PO there is no broken chain of custody....the chain is broken when they hand off the mail to the register of voters....

It's not the "mail-in" part of "mail-in voting" that's the problem, it's the "mail-out" part.

We are told by the Democratic Party that there is nothing to be concerned about with the head-long march toward mail-in voting.

Of course, it wasn't too long ago when these same Democrats were warning us of the dangers of mail-in voting, but pay no attention to that, they used to pretend they wanted border security.

Nevermind the fact that many countries around the world have banned mail-in voting because of the obvious and wide-open opportunities for voter fraud, we are told that here in America, the practice of sending tens of millions of ballots to every registered voter whether they request them or not and then returning those tens of millions of ballots to the postal service is the only way to ensure a safe and sound election.

BJ -
Democrats are usually against something before they find out how to manipulate that thing to their advantage.
Then they are all for it - Everyone should be!
I could of sworn I heard some talking head in the background yesterday morning state 30 million Americans will vote by mail before the debates

America's done
Do you think that, at this point, the debates will persuade someone to change their vote? If you're a Trump supporter, he CAN shoot people on Fifth Ave. without losing votes. If you're an American who has seen what four years of reality show governance has wrought, nothing the buffoon says will change your mind.

Debates really haven't matter for years and especially this go around. If someone didn't vote for Trump 1st time they're certainly not going to vote for the buffoon this time around.

That is definitely not true

It's not the "mail-in" part of "mail-in voting" that's the problem, it's the "mail-out" part.

We are told by the Democratic Party that there is nothing to be concerned about with the head-long march toward mail-in voting.

Of course, it wasn't too long ago when these same Democrats were warning us of the dangers of mail-in voting, but pay no attention to that, they used to pretend they wanted border security.

Nevermind the fact that many countries around the world have banned mail-in voting because of the obvious and wide-open opportunities for voter fraud, we are told that here in America, the practice of sending tens of millions of ballots to every registered voter whether they request them or not and then returning those tens of millions of ballots to the postal service is the only way to ensure a safe and sound election.

BJ -
Democrats are usually against something before they find out how to manipulate that thing to their advantage.
Then they are all for it - Everyone should be!
I could of sworn I heard some talking head in the background yesterday morning state 30 million Americans will vote by mail before the debates

America's done
Do you think that, at this point, the debates will persuade someone to change their vote? If you're a Trump supporter, he CAN shoot people on Fifth Ave. without losing votes. If you're an American who has seen what four years of reality show governance has wrought, nothing the buffoon says will change your mind.

The debates should never change minds
We vote for a team, with a specific platform
If you don't know which direction you support you shouldn't be voting.
So people supported chaos, incompetence, corruption and dishonesty because Trump was not a Politician? They saw what was coming, yet did it anyway!

President Trump has been spectacular
Even better than advertised.

not how it works...

not how it works.

Give me a break.

The difference is you don't have Democrats intentionally trying to screw up the Post office around Christmas time by mailing out packages to people's dead cats.

once it gets to a PO there is no broken chain of custody....the chain is broken when they hand off the mail to the register of voters
The fk there is. BTW, you’re hilarious. Why not put it on an app where no one touches it like the machines. People touching my vote is loss of custody. The demofks already showed us how they do it with harvesting

Last edited:

That's not how it works.
If the election isn't finalized by the 20th of January the presidency is declared vacant and she can assume the role as president.

not how it works...

not how it works.

Give me a break.

The difference is you don't have Democrats intentionally trying to screw up the Post office around Christmas time by mailing out packages to people's dead cats.
Oh fk the psychos. Broken custody. No one can guarantee

once it gets to a PO there is no broken chain of custody....the chain is broken when they hand off the mail to the register of voters
The fk there is. BTW, you’re hilarious. Why not put it on an app where no one touches it like the machines. People touching my vote is loss of custody. The demofks already showed us how they do it with harvesting
yea the fuck it is.....you are hilarious thinking all kinds of people touch it.....

so you knew what i was talking about so no big deal..........
no chain of custody. zip. nadda. the paper is invalid since no one can secure the ballot like a machine.
if you mail your ballot all the post office is required to do is post mark it and get it to the register of voters....
Nope, not if the postage is pre-paid. No postmark on those.
if it goes through the sorting machine which many do it gets a postmark....

Forum List

Back