Zone1 The Inconvenient Truth About the Democratic Party

Well, you can be. You voted for Trump. Twice. And even though his presidency was a historic disaster, you're going to vote for him again!

Here's the thing. All those Republicans I voted for in the past are people the Cult of Trump has denounced. You don't like Romney, you don't like McCain, you don't like either Bush. You pay reverence to Reagan, but Reagan's policies are pretty much the opposite of what Trump's were. Reagan gave amnesty to 3 million illegal Aliens, can't see that going over with the party of Trump.

(Note, I didn't vote for Romney, but that was because he's a Mormon and I really, really hate Mormons.)

Then you are stupid and probably racist. The ironic thing is, that Obama promoted policies that the GOP shouldn't have had any problem with. For instance, ObamaCare was just RomneyCare with a new label, but man, did you guys HATE that label. The minute the black guy proposed it, you guys hated it.

But Bush wasn't elected, he lost the popular vote and he probably lost Florida, if they had a decent recount. He was selected by the Supreme Court.

Now, I voted for Bush, and yes, his leadership was admirable during the 9/11 attack. Then he got us into a war in Iraq. Then he fumbled the response to Katrina. Then he tanked the economy. (ALthough to his credit, he did work with Democrats to mitigate a lot of the damage. )

Here's the major difference. When Bush was in charge, the Adults still ran the GOP. Now the inmates have taken over the asylum.
I'm sorry but the huge majority of this is so dumb it doesn't merit a response. Do have a lovely evening.

First, most of the rich still support the GOP. A few of them are enlightened enough to see the damage they ar doing, but your point was largely irrelevant.

Who are all of these rich people who support the GOP. Let's try Forbes' Top 10 richest people and let's see all those GOP supporters.
1) Jeff Bezos
2) Elon Musk
3) Mark Zuckerberg
4) Bill Gates
5) Larry Page
6) Sergey Brin
7) Larry Ellison
8) Warren Buffet
9) Steve Ballmer
10) Michael Bloomberg

Other than Musk, I doubt any of them are supporters of the GOP. So, name names of "most of the rich" who support the GOP.

Neither does the investor class. What creates jobs is consumer demand. Consumer demand is created when the working class - the vast majority of us - have money to spend.

For instance, I could invest a million dollars into a company that makes Shit Sandwiches. But there's no demand for Shit Sandwiches, so the capital I would invest would be wasted. So, yeah, I'd maybe create jobs for about a week, but then I'd have to let people go with a whole warehouse full of Shit Sandwiches I can't sell.

The investor is a parasite that has convinced the stupid people they are vital organs.

What do people have money to spend on if the investor class don't put in the capital to create goods and services so that people can spend money on? Would you have the computer to post your messages if it wasn't for the investment of Steve Jobs or Bill Gates? They had the vision to create something that people want to use. People may demand a smartphone, but who's going to produce it? Somebody has to have the idea and the vision to make it happen.

Corky, you miss the point. Sure, I have a 401K. ANd I have very little say in it other than making elections once a year. Meanwhile, the brokers on Wall Street are out there, manipulating the markets, guys like Mitt Romney run hedge funds that destroy companies to make a quick profit.

And we all know whose side the GOP is on with this struggle.
I guess you missed the link where it showed that more donations from the Wall Street/Hedge Fund crowd went to democrats. Now why would they send significantly more of their money to the democrats than republicans if the GOP sides with them? You thought that was a logical argument, but anyone with a little bit of common sense knows that you don't bite the hand that feeds you. So, do you have an explanation why's that the case? Also, those hedge funds that do that, if they make a profit, and you have a 401k with them in your portfolio, then aren't you're making a profit as well? You don't know because you know so little about your 401k. So, are you going to ask them to divest from companies you don't like? After all, it is your money. They either listen or you can pull your money and invest it elsewhere.

Do you know the Dem Party turned around, helped to crush the KKK in the South during the 1960s, passed the CRA and VA of '64 and '65 while Goldwater and every GOP southern representative and senator voted against them?

Ask yourself why 90% plus of blacks voted Dem. The GOP says the blacks are stupid and 'on the plantation.'

• Fact
Reactions: IM2
Who are all of these rich people who support the GOP. Let's try Forbes' Top 10 richest people and let's see all those GOP supporters.
1) Jeff Bezos
2) Elon Musk
3) Mark Zuckerberg
4) Bill Gates
5) Larry Page
6) Sergey Brin
7) Larry Ellison
8) Warren Buffet
9) Steve Ballmer
10) Michael Bloomberg

Other than Musk, I doubt any of them are supporters of the GOP. So, name names of "most of the rich" who support the GOP.

What do people have money to spend on if the investor class don't put in the capital to create goods and services so that people can spend money on? Would you have the computer to post your messages if it wasn't for the investment of Steve Jobs or Bill Gates? They had the vision to create something that people want to use. People may demand a smartphone, but who's going to produce it? Somebody has to have the idea and the vision to make it happen.

I guess you missed the link where it showed that more donations from the Wall Street/Hedge Fund crowd went to democrats. Now why would they send significantly more of their money to the democrats than republicans if the GOP sides with them? You thought that was a logical argument, but anyone with a little bit of common sense knows that you don't bite the hand that feeds you. So, do you have an explanation why's that the case? Also, those hedge funds that do that, if they make a profit, and you have a 401k with them in your portfolio, then aren't you're making a profit as well? You don't know because you know so little about your 401k. So, are you going to ask them to divest from companies you don't like? After all, it is your money. They either listen or you can pull your money and invest it elsewhere.
Lol! Republican policies benefit the rich. Everything they fight for is to benefit the rich. Posting the top 10 richest Americans to make a claim when the next 90 are going to be majority republican is disingenuous. But that's what Republicans do; take a small nnumber and conflate.

The inconvenient truth is that Republicans:

Tried protectinng slavery by making it constitutiional.
Ended Reconstruction with the 1877 Compromise..
Were 4 of the 7 supreme court justices who voted affirmative in Plessy v. Ferguson, therefore making Jim Crow the law of the land.
Tried to run blacks out of the party with the Lilly Whiitee Movement.
Consistently broke promises made to blacks after emancipation.
Northern Republicans were compllicit with southern segregationists in the maintenance of Jim Crow.
Nominated a preesidential candidate who opposed the Civil Rights Act.
Had the President who implemented the southern sttrategy.
I can keep going.

There is a reason these racists keep doing this; they hope to fool enough blacks people into voting republican so they can gain power and enact their white supremacist agenda.

Well, the Koch Brothers. That billionaire who keeps Clarance Thomas in luxury.

Jobs and Gates started MS out of their garage. So not a good example. In fact, most technology that is invented is not invented by people who reap the rewards. It's the whole problem of "intellectual property".

I guess you missed the link where it showed that more donations from the Wall Street/Hedge Fund crowd went to democrats.
Naw, I just dismissed it as bullshit.

Now why would they send significantly more of their money to the democrats than republicans if the GOP sides with them?
Because the Republican party went batshit crazy with Trump.

The only way one would know what a person's economic interests are is actually talking to them, and I highly doubt that you've had those conversations. So, I'm guessing they're voting their best economic interests. It's just that they don't agree with what YOU think that their economic best interest should be. As for if you're not rich, you have no business voting republican, that's interesting. Based on who dominates where they send their money, it doesn't support your opinion.

Silicon Valley - democrats
Media - democrats
Entertainment/Sports - democrats
Wall Street - democrats Link
Hedge Funds - democrats
Businesses - depending on the type of company, it's a mixed bag at best. Link
Unions - democrats (from dues)

I know that there are plenty of rich people who vote republican, but your opinion that the democrat party is somehow the party of the common man is silly. I mean, don't republicans usually win the rural vote, and the democrats win the urban vote?
Low income whites who vote Republican and high income whites who vote Democrat do so because of social issues. That is what JoeB131 is telling you.

Low income whites who vote Republican and high income whites who vote Democrat do so because of social issues. That is what JoeB131 is telling you.

All I'm doing is going by what he said. He quoted:

The GOP keeps stupid white people like you voting against your own economic interests by playing on your racial, religious, and sexual fears.

He tries to use social issues to show why people vote against their own economic interest. My question was how does he know what a person's economic interest is without talking to them? I'll guess that Joe believes that a person's best financial interest lines up with his opinions are. It's the classic "I know what's better for you than you do" condescension that rubs people who can think on their own.

The Inconvenient Truth About the Democratic Party​

Did you know that the Democratic Party defended slavery, started the Civil War, founded the KKK, and fought against every major civil rights act in U.S. history? Watch as Carol Swain, professor of political science at Vanderbilt University, shares the inconvenient history of the Democratic Party.

^ this

He tries to use social issues to show why people vote against their own economic interest. My question was how does he know what a person's economic interest is without talking to them? I'll guess that Joe believes that a person's best financial interest lines up with his opinions are. It's the classic "I know what's better for you than you do" condescension that rubs people who can think on their own.

Actually, it's a very simple standard. If you aren't making mid-six figures, you have no business voting Republican. You are one serious illness or job reversal away from poverty.

If you are too stupid to see that, and your biggest concern in life is whether a woman you didn't fuck gets an abortion, then I really do know better than you.

All I'm doing is going by what he said. He quoted:

The GOP keeps stupid white people like you voting against your own economic interests by playing on your racial, religious, and sexual fears.

JoeB131 also assumes that low income whites have no legitimate reasons for opposing race reparations and affirmative action, harsh criminal justice systems, laws that allow black to move into their neighborhoods, and laws that force their children to attend public schools with black majorities in them.

Pointing out they should pay their fair share and treat their employees fairly ,isn't crying.

Maybe you need to stop getting on your knees to the rich. Or maybe get a better set of kneepads.
Blah blah blah woke buzz words loosely arranged like a coherent thought.

“Fair share”? What is their fare share? Work is a commodity. If there is a surplus of labor and a scarcity of work, the cost of labor goes down. I find it amusing how frequently the dead-beats chant for a “fair-share” but also want a “fair-share” for the millions of undocumented migrants they support coming here that will work their same job for less. I don’t know if you support illegal immigration, but I suspect it’s a good bet.

Holding a cardboard sign on the side of the road isn’t a business start-up. If anyone is groveling on their knees to the rich it’s those pleading for their “fair-share”. “Oh please, just give us more money, we will be best friends then.” Employment is a two way contract, you are free to walk away at any time. If you want more money, go ahead and ask your boss. But don’t pretend like you deserve any more money than you agreed to work for.

The Inconvenient Truth About the Democratic Party​

Did you know that the Democratic Party defended slavery, started the Civil War, founded the KKK, and fought against every major civil rights act in U.S. history? Watch as Carol Swain, professor of political science at Vanderbilt University, shares the inconvenient history of the Democratic Party.

The racists left the Democratic party and joined the republican.

Forum List

Back