the Hunt

shoshi

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2020
Anyone here see it? Tell me what you think of it.
For those who have not it is violent political comedy of liberal Americans against conservatives. In the movie conservative bloggers are kidnapped and taken to the woods where they are hunted by liberals who hate them. The conservatives are given guns left in a field for them to make it fair. Imagine Most Dangerous Game with a red state blue state war.

I've seen the move a couple of times, and I personally think it's a pretty interesting flick. They take just about every kind of stereotype and exaggerate it, making people look at what kind of crap is going on today. And, while yes, it's "liberals" hunting "conservatives", the exaggeration on stereotypes can be pretty funny sometimes.

And before you conservatives get pissed off and say that it's just more liberal propaganda to help the "liberal elite", one of the things that you should keep in mind is that the "liberal elite" ALL get killed off as the movie goes along. My favorite character in the whole thing is the Afghanistan war veteran who ends up living after killing off a lot of the elites, and when the whole thing is over, she's the one to survive, and ends up on the jet of the rich woman who started the whole thing (Hillary Swank). Most interesting twist of the whole thing is that the vet ISN'T a conservative, nor is she a liberal, she's just someone who got confused with another person who had the same name and was taken to the hunt instead of the person they actually wanted to get. And, she doesn't play politics or subscribe to one view of politics or the other, all she wants to do is survive so that she can make it home. And, when she offs one of the elite hunting her, she doesn't make it political. She's just pissed that there are people out there trying to kill her, so that is why she kills them.

A lot of the other conservatives in the movie take it personal to being hunted, and pretty much say so.

I think it's a pretty decent movie that pokes fun at all of the stereotypes that we see among people today. And, it's also kind of an even handed movie, as it makes fun of the conservative as well as the liberal stereotypes.

The liberals are the hunters but they give to cons a fighting chance.

The liberals are the hunters but they give to cons a fighting chance.

Dunno about that. Yes, they did provide them with guns and weapons, but they also started taking pot shots at the conservatives as soon as they opened the crate, and did it from a bunker. Nope, that really isn't fair in my opinion, as they should have been out in the open as well, instead of hiding in the bunker. But, that also is a good commentary on politics in this country today, as most conservatives think that they are out doing the good fight while liberals are hiding in their bunkers and taking shots at them (figuratively speaking).

Although, the dude who was embedded with the ME refugees was pretty interesting. He offered to bail out the 2 people on the train when the met up with the soldiers, and even offered to let the 2 conservatives have a head start before he started hunting them. Sadly for him, he ended up with a grenade in his pants and was blown to bits.

There is a lot to see in that movie, which is one of the reasons I've watched it a couple of times.

For those who have not it is violent political comedy of liberal Americans against conservatives. In the movie conservative bloggers are kidnapped and taken to the woods where they are hunted by liberals who hate them. The conservatives are given guns left in a field for them to make it fair. Imagine Most Dangerous Game with a red state blue state war.

This film is nothing to write home about. It's pretty much a generic black comedy soaked in the expected amount of gore and wrapped around yet another postmodernist "girl power" narrative. In other words, according to the scriptwriter, all men are inept and unworthy of living. Radical liberals have the right to use their wealth to hunt inbred redneck conservatives like feral hogs, and only women can truly save the day. The film ends with what it touts as a "sucker punch" revelation—a post climax reveal I found quite predictable and boring. All of that said we do like Hilary Swank but her talent was wasted here. I'd give the film a 2 out of 5 rating.

Whoever made the Hunt i think they got ideas from Escape Room and Most Dangerous Game and from George Orwell.

This film is nothing to write home about. It's pretty much a generic black comedy soaked in the expected amount of gore and wrapped around yet another postmodernist "girl power" narrative. In other words, according to the scriptwriter, all men are inept and unworthy of living. Radical liberals have the right to use their wealth to hunt inbred redneck conservatives like feral hogs, and only women can truly save the day. The film ends with what it touts as a "sucker punch" revelation—a post climax reveal I found quite predictable and boring. All of that said we do like Hilary Swank but her talent was wasted here. I'd give the film a 2 out of 5 rating.

I think you take the film to seriously as far as the men against women.

The Hunt is a Blumhouse films. other Blumhouse includes
Get Out
Happy Death Day
Fantasy Island
Truth or Dare

Forum List

Back