The Hidden Cost of Happiness

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
Interesting and well stated- IMNSHO, happiness comes from within- as I've said too many times to count. It's a personal decision the Individual has to make.

When we let go of our conception of what is perfect and what “should” be, we relieve ourselves of the stress and frustration of living up to some arbitrary standard. And usually, this standard isn’t even ours! It’s a standard we adopted from other people.

The above from the article has been discussed recently-

Nope, happiness comes from the Federal government. They have to pass laws to make us happy to treat everyone fair or shame and cancel those we think don't and also put money in our pockets.

Not happy until then.

Notice how those on the Left are the unhappiest of all? It's because they live a lie.

Interesting and well stated- IMNSHO, happiness comes from within- as I've said too many times to count. It's a personal decision the Individual has to make.

When we let go of our conception of what is perfect and what “should” be, we relieve ourselves of the stress and frustration of living up to some arbitrary standard. And usually, this standard isn’t even ours! It’s a standard we adopted from other people.

I've seen this dreck before.

Nothing, not even even crashing failure, can prevent you from being happy.....Your emotional state is a choice.

You can carry on in your life with a smile on your face, a song in your heart, and some pep in your step, or you can go around with a tree trunk shoved up your ass...Life will go on anyway.....The choice is yours.

Nothing, not even even crashing failure, can prevent you from being happy.....Your emotional state is a choice.

You can carry on in your life with a smile on your face, a song in your heart, and some pep in your step, or you can go around with a tree trunk shoved up your ass...Life will go on anyway.....The choice is yours.
Lol, is your name Amy. You sound like my ex wife. That bitch could spend 10k a month and still be pissed off. Now she is sitting on a couch some where in a 50k house with a fat pjssed off hillbilly watching Nascar. Hillarious. Gotta love carma.

Lol, is your name Amy. You sound like my ex wife. That bitch could spend 10k a month and still be pissed off. Now she is sitting on a couch some where in a 50k house with a fat pjssed off hillbilly watching Nascar. Hillarious. Gotta love carma.
Hoss.jpg

• Banned

View attachment 461262
I'm surprised at you-

• Banned
Lol, is your name Amy. You sound like my ex wife. That bitch could spend 10k a month and still be pissed off.
Learn to read: a direct quote from me:

View attachment 461262
I'm surprised at you-
Lol did I miss and reply to you. If so sorry. I thought I was replying to Oddball saying happiness being a state of mind being dreck.

So, how do you define success? What measurements are you using? Have you had instances in your life where you found yourself unhappy trying to live up to someone else's standards?

I love Dave Mustaine. I do. In fact, a shot of Crown with a Coke back and Megadeth blaring in the background is my happy place or at least one of my happy places.

But, he was kicked out of Metallica because he couldn't maintain when he was drunk/high. He is an addict and he has struggled for...........all of my adult life. Successful? Yes. Happy? Not sure. I think that if you get tossed from a band because you can't maintain, clean up and then use again that use again may is also tied in with the failure.

Last edited:
So, how do you define success?
Success is determined by the actor. Not the audience.

What measurements are you using?
My own. I live my life the way I want to-

play the hand you were dealt, forget what their rules say
you know you win when, you live life your own way

lived his life, the best that he could
not really bad, just not real good
all the stuff left behind, won't matter anyway
what really counts is, backing up what you say

play the hand you were dealt, forget what their rules say
you know you win when, you live life your own way

Forum List

Back