The Greatest Pain in your Life

I'm a bit surprised no one has yet to mention childbirth.

I personally didn't experience it ... but it certainly appeared to be painful.

View attachment 447799

That’s an understatement.

There’s an experiment in The Netherlands, in which labour/childbirth pains are simulated through an electrical device strapped on to male volunteers. With the wives as grinning onlookers.

You could try it if you like. :dev3:

Thank you, no.
I'm a bit surprised no one has yet to mention childbirth.

I personally didn't experience it ... but it certainly appeared to be painful.

View attachment 447799

That’s an understatement.

There’s an experiment in The Netherlands, in which labour/childbirth pains are simulated through an electrical device strapped on to male volunteers. With the wives as grinning onlookers.

You could try it if you like. :dev3:

Thank you, no.

I recently had the experience of having to rapidly warm my hands from extreme cold (everything's relative; I'm a wuss). If you have experienced it, you know that this can be VERY painful. It brought to mind something that happened several years ago. I had been riding my motorcycle one winter day, and at the end of the ride, despite having good gloves, by hands were "frozen."

Because I had to go out to dinner shortly after, I had to jump in the shower to get cleaned up. The pain in my hands caused by the warm water on by frozen hands was excruciating...I would say, the worst physical pain I have every experienced.

In my life, other occasions of great pain have been caused by carpentry mistakes with a hammer (you know what I mean), and a small number of basketball injuries, when I came down other peoples' feet from high-clying jumps, thereby turning my ankle.

My wife guessed that my worst would have been the time when I got my hand (2 fingers) crushed in a snow blower, and I actually fainted from that pain, but it actually seemed muted for some reason while it was going on. Strange. I was in shock, I guess.

Aside from childbirth, what have been your most physically painful moments?
pain, in your hands??!! pain is weakness leaving the body
1612999541647.png

..ever read about Scott at the South Pole--lot's of pain there...3 months in VERY cold weather.....over a thousand miles.....pulling and pushing sleds .....not enough food....frostbite/etc......other expeditions worse/etc....flesh coming off.....snow blindness ......MUCH pain--continuous for weeks

In 1982 I had to have a toenail removed; the big toe on my right foot.

I thought I was gonna' die.

And then I had back spasms. That pain was unreal. I've been shot and it didn't hurt that bad.

More than anything, though, I would have to say that tooth pain is just about the worst pain a guy can experience...

Rabie shots at age 8 after being bitten by a rabid dog.

I had to have a lot of shots after being bitten by a person. Reattaching the finger involved sobering pain.

Holy shit Unk! That sounds very painful.

The dog that bit me was a stray that my cousin brought to my house. I tried to feed it, and it attacked me while trying to get the food..lol

An easy choice.
FU to anyone that belittles my choice.

Meaning ALL Fucking trump supporters.

I had to have a lot of shots after being bitten by a person. Reattaching the finger involved sobering pain.

No bueno. I'd rather be bitten by a dog any day, if for no other reason than that their mouths are so much cleaner than a human's. But a hungry dog can be pretty scary to a little kid.

No bueno. I'd rather be bitten by a dog any day, if for no other reason than that their mouths are so much cleaner than a human's. But a hungry dog can be pretty scary to a little kid.

All true. I've had some ugly injuries, but never had to have anything "reattached".

All true. I've had some ugly injuries, but never had to have anything "reattached".

So many antibiotics, shot right into the wound.

Ouch!

Ouch!

Less physically painful but more of a brain-freak was when I had an eye ripped open during a wrestling tournament at Coast Guard Academy way, way, way back. There was all this blood and eye-jelly running down my face (I won the match though). A bunch of my college buddies had driven down from Boston to watch (another roommate was also on the team), so my coach deputized them to get my ass to the nearest ER (there are always trainers at tournaments, but often they are little more than college kids themselves). Well, my buddies thought a long day of watching wrestling would be more fun if they were stoned out of their minds, so the trip to the hospital was fairly terrifying itself. 'Seeing' the doctor going straight into the eye to close it up was a real nightmare. On the upside, I looked like a really cool pirate wearing an eyepatch for a few weeks.

Ouch!

Less physically painful but more of a brain-freak was when I had an eye ripped open during a wrestling tournament at Coast Guard Academy way, way, way back. There was all this blood and eye-jelly running down my face (I won the match though). A bunch of my college buddies had driven down from Boston to watch (another roommate was also on the team), so my coach deputized them to get my ass to the nearest ER (there are always trainers at tournaments, but often they are little more than college kids themselves). Well, my buddies thought a long day of watching wrestling would be more fun if they were stoned out of their minds, so the trip to the hospital was fairly terrifying itself. 'Seeing' the doctor going straight into the eye to close it up was a real nightmare. On the upside, I looked like a really cool pirate wearing an eyepatch for a few weeks.

Do you see ok out of the same eye now?

Ouch!

Do you see ok out of the same eye now?

Yeah, but that was when I started wearing glasses. The price you pay...

My career as a fighter pilot or a concert pianist, lost forever. :lol:

I know most won't believe it. Usually I can't believe it myself but it is the way it is:

One weekend in a city far away....some 55 years ago....I was enjoying a very intimate evening with a beautiful young lady who was equally into it.

Then a migraine hit.

Hard.

Everything stopped.

Alarmed, she brought cold compresses and after a couple of hours the pain subsided. It was the worth migraine I had ever had.

As it would down I had a talk with myself. I told me this was bullshit and it was not going to be allowed ever again.

To this day I have never had even another even slight headache.

If I could explain it i'd give it away free but not to the openly "progressive". Could not bear to take away the joy they get from pain.

Forum List

Back