The Greatest of all time.

Jimi changed rock music forever, Jaco not so much. But def a great bass player.

I disagree. People play fretless bass because of Jaco. I just ordered one myself. A Jaco signature. Some say he invented the fretless bass. He also brought bass harmonics as well as melody to bass playing. Everything about bass playing changed with him. Watch the movie I posted.

I disagree. People play fretless bass because of Jaco. I just ordered one myself. A Jaco signature. Some say he invented the fretless bass. He also brought bass harmonics as well as melody to bass playing. Everything about bass playing changed with him. Watch the movie I posted.
I myself have 2 fretless basses, which I got because of the guy in Peter Frampton's band. Jaco does a lot of things that most bass players don't do, but Jimi had rock guitarists follow in his footsteps, like, nearly the whole of rock n' roll. Can't say the same for Jaco, nobody really followed his style, maybe in jazz?

I myself have 2 fretless basses, which I got because of the guy in Peter Frampton's band. Jaco does a lot of things that most bass players don't do, but Jimi had rock guitarists follow in his footsteps, like, nearly the whole of rock n' roll. Can't say the same for Jaco, nobody really followed his style, maybe in jazz?
Jazz and blues, yes.

• Thanks
Reactions: Taz
Been a Bplayer forever, never did pick up a fretless, but now i'm curious......~S~

I appreciate any music Billy , alas i am only no more than a 'meat & potatoes' Bplayer
In my youth I used to do all that Billy Sheehan shit, till one day I realized that's not the role of a bass player. These days i just lock in with my drummer, get creative with rhythms and let the guitar players and singers hog the spotlight. Its what they do. As far as fretless basses go, a Squier jazz bass is an inexpensive way to go. They run around $400. To get the Jaco sound use the bridge pickup only and play as close to the bridge as possible. That and an MXR chorus pedal and you're all set.

Forum List

Back