The great president bush, won the "unwinnable" war

1. Defining “winning the war” is specific terms.
2. I never said that the war was not winnable.
3. I won a war against a mouse in my home. It cost me thousands of dollars but I finally killed that mouse. Was the Iraq war worth the cost?

Booted Saddam out, got Iraq under a controllable govt democratically elected, sounds like a win to me, especially with al quiada pretty much pulling up stakes. You really want to know, go ask some of the marines, sailors around here in SD who where deployed, ask them if they think we won. Ask the family members of those who lost their sons and daughters over there, overwhelmingly they believe we won and are disgusted with how the media , liberals and dems have dealt with the entire thing.

I never said YOU said the war was unwinnable, but it was the mantra of the left for a while.

Depends, that "mouse" like rats that killed millions in Europe, how much damage could it have done?
Why did you spend thousands killing it?
BOTTOM LINE is that it was YOUR CHOICE to spend the money. The DEMOCRATICALLY elected PRESIDENT BUSH choose to go to war with the support of the American public, but the left doesnt accept these things, they think they have the right to decide for everyone else what is good for us, and will lie and do anything they can to get there way, including claiming they believe in Democracy,

We each have our opinions. Mine is that the Iraq war was not worth the cost.

Americans Upbeat on Progress in Iraq, Afghanistan

"Majority (58%) say going into Iraq was a mistake; 36% say so about Afghanistan"

l-uavyludegho6bfkwrd6q.gif

And yet the American public voted President Bush in for a second term,,,wasnt that AFTER the initial invasion of Iraq?

SO, you dont think it was worth the cost, ok....I disagree
Point of the thread is that those screaming liberals have been proven wrong on virtually everything about it, like claiming it was unwinnable....they slither away now unable to be honorable and admit they were wrong....they have no integrity,

We won the Iraq War

Much like we won in Vietnam

We left declaring "Peace with Honor"

When we leave Iraq.

There will be NO peace.

And as for Honor......................:doubt:

Revisionist history at its finest. How old are you? We'll leave Iraq the same way. Doesn't mean it will be true, just like it wasn't true then.

I just went to a conservative Zig Zigler Motivational Seminar.

The lineup includes well-known speakers such as former New York mayor and presidential candidate Rudy Giuliani, televangelist Robert Schuller and self-help authors Tamara Lowe and Zig Ziglar.

Giuliani, Ziglar to 'motivate' at Breslin | lansingstatejournal.com | Lansing State Journal

One of the presenters said he was spat on when he came home from NAM.
I am a VNV so I know what I am talking about.

Vietnan and Iraq

Same story line and plot.

Just 40 years difference.

Sorry, but I dont see very many similarities at all. Not like the ones vietnam has with Korea, yet in Korea we were able to maintain freedom for the south, reason....when the Vietnam war was fought, it was, for the first time in history, brought into our living rooms via the TV, and it caused a lot more resistence, or at least PERCEIVED resistence, and the politicians were willing to do what was necessary to keep S vietnam free.

"The great president bush, won the "unwinnable" war"

So the great War on Terror is over? Doggonit, that's what I get for missing staff meetings. :confused:

I for one am looking forward to the NYC ticker-tape parades with the honor guard carrying bin Laden's severed head on a pike. We could all use an update to that famous old picture of the sailor kissing the nurse too - maybe the new one'll be of the CEO of Exxon/Mobil kissing his live-in life partner or something. And just think - terror is something for the history books. No more Achille Lauros, no more roadside bombers, no more embassy bombings, no more hijackings. Thanks, George W. Bush! :clap2:

Oh my,,,,I guess I was wrong when I said we won the "war on terror" you really got me.....OH WAIT, but thats not what I said.

HMMM, Like I always tell my kids, as soon as your debate adversary starts attributing things to you that you didnt say, PROVES he is wrong and has no arguement.

Oh my,,,,I guess I was wrong when I said we won the "war on terror" you really got me.....OH WAIT, but thats not what I said.

HMMM, Like I always tell my kids, as soon as your debate adversary starts attributing things to you that you didnt say, PROVES he is wrong and has no arguement.

Then please enlighten us then. Exactly which war were you referring to when you claimed that Bush won "the unwinnable war" in your title? Considering that the phrase "war on terror" passed Bush's lips more than the contents of a 72-ounce bag of salted pretzels, I trust you can understand my confusion here.

The silence of the left is deafening.

What are you talking about? Smashing a small defenceless country?
That happens all the time (or it used to).

The Iraqi army wasn't much to deal with... but insurgents are another matter.

Was re-writing the constitution part of 'winning' the war for US corporations?
Or just a by-product of our love of liberty?

Not sure how all the dead natives feel about our noble humanitarian aid...

Booted Saddam out, got Iraq under a controllable govt democratically elected, sounds like a win to me, especially with al quiada pretty much pulling up stakes. You really want to know, go ask some of the marines, sailors around here in SD who where deployed, ask them if they think we won. Ask the family members of those who lost their sons and daughters over there, overwhelmingly they believe we won and are disgusted with how the media , liberals and dems have dealt with the entire thing.

I never said YOU said the war was unwinnable, but it was the mantra of the left for a while.

Depends, that "mouse" like rats that killed millions in Europe, how much damage could it have done?
BOTTOM LINE is that it was YOUR CHOICE to spend the money. The DEMOCRATICALLY elected PRESIDENT BUSH choose to go to war with the support of the American public, but the left doesnt accept these things, they think they have the right to decide for everyone else what is good for us, and will lie and do anything they can to get there way, including claiming they believe in Democracy,

"Majority (58%) say going into Iraq was a mistake; 36% say so about Afghanistan"

And yet the American public voted President Bush in for a second term,,,wasnt that AFTER the initial invasion of Iraq?

Point of the thread is that those screaming liberals have been proven wrong on virtually everything about it, like claiming it was unwinnable....they slither away now unable to be honorable and admit they were wrong....they have no integrity,

Oh well. People often consider more than one variable in deciding whom to elect as president. I was just disproving any notion that people though that we war was not a mistake. Also, your “screaming liberals” have not been proven wrong on virtually everything about it. Why won’t screaming conservatives admit that the Iraq war was a mistake? They seem to be very silent about it.

We won the Iraq War

Much like we won in Vietnam

We left declaring "Peace with Honor"

When we leave Iraq.

There will be NO peace.

And as for Honor......................:doubt:

I have to completely disagree with this. My husband was a Marine in Viet Nam...he barely talks about it. Look how many of our men were killed there...for NOTHING. It's still the same! He feels we left with "dis-honor", and he and many others were SPIT ON when they came home.
Our son is in the Army and in Iraq now for the 3rd time. No, he doesn't like be there away from his family, but what he's doing is what he wanted to do, he chose it...he enlisted just after the war started when he was 20 yrs old. When people find out he's in the army he's always being thanked for his service! You didn't hear that during viet nam!

By the way, Obama won in the last presidential election.

Yes, Washington's win against the British Empire was quite something wasn't it?

Gonna post some more of that bullshit claim that Obama somehow won Iraq and is responsible for troops leaving there?

Actually the Bush\McCain troop surge is how we won Iraq.

Unfortunately Osama....errr Obama doesn't have the military knowledge and doesn't respect the men and women in uniform fighting enough to be able to win a war. Hell it took him a week to give the order to kill 4 Muslim Terrorists that held a ships captain hostage on a life boat and he didn't really give the full order, just if the captains life was in immediate danger..............

Gonna post some more of that bullshit claim that Obama somehow won Iraq and is responsible for troops leaving there?

Actually the Bush\McCain troop surge is how we won Iraq.
We won in Iraq???

You should immediatly alert the media!!!

Because they obviously didn't get the memo :lol:

Your right, the memo they got from Reid, Pelosi, Obama, Biden, Kennedy and Feinstein is that the war was lost................

We now have an ally in Iraq who can defend itself. I spent a year over there and things are looking great. Remember when Harry Reid said "There's simply no evidence that the escalation is working". How about senator John Kerry's comment concerning the initial assessment of the surge, "No matter what spin we may hear in the coming days, this independent assessment is a failing grade for a policy that simply isn’t working." Again, here is "dingy" Harry "This is George Bush's war, and he is responsible for the mistakes and missteps that leave our troops mired in a civil war with no end in sight." Wow, if this is leadership we are all in trouble. Fortunately, the good guys win this time. Iraq is a better country now and we are safer, thanks to a president who stood by the troops and stayed the course!

G.W. is probably sitting around back in Texas drinking nice cold brews and watching Fox news while laughing his ass off at how stupid Obama is...:lol:

So killing 2 million plus people in wars that had nothing to do with the US is a win is it. Well you have not won and will not, why any fool thinks they have won in Iraq is a joke.

If winning means, killing millions, maiming and torturing, robbing the country blind, putting in a puppet Government then yes that could be classed as a win. There just one problem, the rest of the world sees it as crimes against humanity.

The US has a poor track record in such theatres and one wonders what would happen when you finally are faced with a nation who can actually fight back on equal terms.

To date, being a superpower and getting wupped by men wearing pyjamas and rags on their heads must be fairly embarrassing.

Even worse is that all this human sacrifice is just so a few people can get even richer and nothing more.

All this and more just to become the most hated nation on the planet.

The silence of the left is deafening.

It is incredible to me that anyone would think the disaster in Iraq was a "win".

List of items:

1. US has appropriated 48 billion to rebuild Iraq since 2003, even though Iraq has more than 60 billion in unspent oil money sitting in American banks. Why should they spend their own money when they can spend ours?

2. The New Iraq Constitution made Islam the national religion and declared that all laws are to be based in Islam. Does that sound anything remotely democratic? All laws based on Islam. See Article II.

3. Iraqi Christians, who have live in Iraq for, oh, two thousand years, which means they were there before the Muslims, have been reduced in population from 1.2 MILLION to less than 600 thousand. More than half. Many fled, many were murdered. Last month 7 churches were burned. 6 the month before. They were given no seat in the new "democratic" government. The ones that "escaped” now live in Jordan or Lebanon and, by law, are unable to work. 40% of Iraqi refugees are Christians. So they steal, beg and whore. These are the Christians we "liberated".

4. More from Iraq are living in Sweden than any other European Country or even this country. Bush and the Republicans barred Iraqis from coming here because they didn't want to show favoritism and they wanted to keep up the illusion of diversity.

5. Iraqis now hate us. They want us dead for destroying their country. They threw shoes at President "You killed my cousin" Bush.

6. There was no al Qaeda in Iraq until we let them in. Saddam killed members of his own family to stay in power. It's insane to think he would share with Bin Laden.

7. Iraq had no industry, and no manufacturing. To think they were a danger to us is crazy. Especially after we destroyed their army chasing them out of Kuwait.

8. How is any of this a "success"? Truth trumps spin.

Forum List

Back