The Grand Plan ...

I would submit that there is precious little difference between Republic and Democracy in our modern society.

People are already starting to question republican institutions such as Electoral College and State's Rights.

Today, the trend is towards supremacy of Federal jurisdiction and forcing states to conform to the will of the majority (at least the majority of voting machines)

We have been steadily moving to a Democracy since the end of the Civil War.

I would submit that there is precious little difference between Republic and Democracy in our modern society.

People are already starting to question republican institutions such as Electoral College and State's Rights.

Today, the trend is towards supremacy of Federal jurisdiction and forcing states to conform to the will of the majority (at least the majority of voting machines)

We have been steadily moving to a Democracy since the end of the Civil War.

PEOPLE aren't. Corrupt politicians are.

Too easy an excuse ... we elected (and continue to elect) every single one of those politicians.

You can hate the game, but you can't hate the playa.

Are you really going to stand by that in light of the fact that you support one of the most corrupt people in the galaxy who was cited for, among other things, shafting veterans out of donations?

Too easy an excuse ... we elected (and continue to elect) every single one of those politicians.

You can hate the game, but you can't hate the playa.

It is the opposite. It is obvious now that elections have been corrupted for a long time.

They had to expose themselves to get rid of Trump.

totalitarian dictatorships:
first, they censor
then they arrest
then they imprison <-------- we are here
and then people start disappearing

Every human is capable of violence (even Gandhi --- he used to beat his wife) if he or she is A) sufficiently provoked (the amount of provocation required varies from person to person) and B) they are reasonably sure they can get away with it.

"Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it."

-- Russell ("Stripes")

The problem with state sponsored violence is ... it is sanctioned by most of the citizens of the state and they are (mostly) absolutely sure they can get away with it.

I don't see a lot of people working for the state because they want to inflict violence on others, I see them wanting to get paid to do a job without having to bother with having any meaningful metrics on how well, or poorly, they do that job.
On the Federal level it has helped to affect the voting of two states abutting D.C. The suburbs are rich with government employees.

Forum List

Back