The Grammy Awards Shows Us What Democrats Have Become

I really hate to say this, and I am sure to receive a lot of angry and insulting replies, but I am going to say it anyway.

What we are seeing is the ni66erization of our culture. Note, ni66ers come in all colors.

You know,when you start a sentence "I really hate to say this..." you should probably stop right there.

nope, what I said is true, but the truth is something that is very hard for liberals to deal with.

the ni66erization of our culture is real. It is destroying our country.

I have been telling people for years that it isn't about black, christian or gay. They use these wedge issues to divide us.

What we've seen since Bush 2000 is that to the rich, all us poor and middle class people are ni66ers.

I agree it isn't good the white kids are wearing the baggy pants and speaking in eubonics either but the fact is, this isn't destroying our country. Republicans are. Stop giving the CEO all the profits and start profit sharing with the employees and see maybe we won't act like such ni66ers.

Speak for yourself.

I do not act in any such way. True, I debate in the manner of which I'm debated but IRL and we all could be more graceful, tactful, and or pleasant.

The US Society was forever changed when one thing happened: when it was indoctrinated into the youth that someone must earn your respect. This is likely a result of our two world wars and the millions of veterans of those wars were raising children. The indelible impression military life (or at least one of the impressions) is that military life is a meritocracy. The best shots get metals, the bravest are awarded metals, the toughest are often given leadership positions. You live under that for years and when you come out, you see a society that is sometimes 180 degrees opposite where those who know the boss get promoted, those who are the right complexion with the right connections get promoted, the gal who is a better fit with the group is favored over the better qualified. I don't blame the veterans for this; what are they supposed to think? The methodology worked as we conquered every foe on the battlefield.

The way I try to lead my life is that I respect everyone I meet. You earn my dis-respect through your actions, words, and deeds. I believe that is a winning position that many of us shun in favor of a more cynical view of others that does not serve either party especially well.

ddae62934bce97066d0f6a7067004162.jpg

You're not popular unless you're putting your hands up or acting like Kanye West who went on a rant about Beck winning an award instead of Beyonce'. Is this the way Democrat voters think they should act?

I didn't watch it, but I kept seeing updates on the net. From what I could see, it was a zoo. Madonna literally showed her ass, Kanye tried to steal another award, every black performer there wanted to protest Ferguson, and Obama stuck his nose in yet another event. Sorry if the ratings for this one couldn't come close to matching the 49 that the Super Bowl got last week.

I really hope this isn't what this country is becoming, because what was seen at the Grammys was a reminder of just how out of touch with reality the left is these days.

Congrats! You're now officially a bitter-old-fuck.

I see the picture and think, 'not bad for 56.'

You're not popular unless you're putting your hands up or acting like Kanye West who went on a rant about Beck winning an award instead of Beyonce'. Is this the way Democrat voters think they should act?

I didn't watch it, but I kept seeing updates on the net. From what I could see, it was a zoo. Madonna literally showed her ass, Kanye tried to steal another award, every black performer there wanted to protest Ferguson, and Obama stuck his nose in yet another event. Sorry if the ratings for this one couldn't come close to matching the 49 that the Super Bowl got last week.

I really hope this isn't what this country is becoming, because what was seen at the Grammys was a reminder of just how out of touch with reality the left is these days.

I don't know why everyone is so hard on Madonna. I think she looks fantastic for a woman who is almost 60. I suppose when you can afford a personal trainer, cosmetic surgery, and things like that, it probably helps a LOT. Lol.

I have seen some pictures of her where she looks pretty harsh too though, TBH.

The problem with the music industry is the talent is secondary to the shock value. Women have to be more slutty than the next one. Guys aren't walking around like whores. They climb the ladder with their music. Women, not so much. Let's wrap ourselves in meat and strut around on the stage and that passes as good music.

The problem with the music industry is the talent is secondary to the shock value. Women have to be more slutty than the next one. Guys aren't walking around like whores. They climb the ladder with their music. Women, not so much. Let's wrap ourselves in meat and strut around on the stage and that passes as good music.

You know what, Muddy. When I was growing up and listening to Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin and a few other bands I'm a little less keen on fessing up to... my parents made the same comments about how my music sucked. And yes, back in my day, you had bands like KISS that were all about the "spectacle" and Pink Floyd was always famous for their light-shows.

They've done a scientific study that shows when we get older, our ability to appreciate new music diminishes.

So in short, stop being a fuddy-duddy.

Okay, there are some valid points here, but still, it's just an act on a stage. That doesn't mean they are "whores." Who do you think is demanding this type of spectacle? Other women? No . . . it's men. That is what sells because that is what men want to see. Shame really.

Okay, there are some valid points here, but still, it's just an act on a stage. That doesn't mean they are "whores." Who do you think is demanding this type of spectacle? Other women? No . . . it's men. That is what sells because that is what men want to see. Shame really.

I think teenagers want to see it. They're the biggest market for the music business.

I think teenagers want to see it. They're the biggest market for the music business.

That's a good point. Teenage boys are FULL of testosterone. They can't help it. Lol. I don't think that really matters to the girls though. Growing up, I liked all kinds of artists. Whether or not they were prancing around half naked had little to do with it for me. If I liked a song or an artist, I would buy and listen to their music. And yes, I can agree that some of them have very LITTLE actual talent and do rely more on shock factor and "sexiness," etc.

Forum List

Back