The government says smoking is so deadly they want you to smoke twice the cigarettes

Stormy Daniels

Gold Member
Mar 19, 2018
Just when you think the government can't get more stupid. In a bid to reduce cigarette smoking, the FDA is poised to put a maximum limit on the amount of nicotine a cigarette may contain. Apparently the thinking is that there is absolutely no way in hell people would smoke more cigarettes to achieve the same nicotine level.

Meanwhile, we need to eliminate more barriers to smoking the marijuanas.

Of course, if people smoke twice the cigarettes to achieve the same level of nicotine, that will lead to twice the tax revenue.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2022/06/21/nicotine-cigarettes-biden-administration-cut/

Just when you think the government can't get more stupid. In a bid to reduce cigarette smoking, the FDA is poised to put a maximum limit on the amount of nicotine a cigarette may contain. Apparently the thinking is that there is absolutely no way in hell people would smoke more cigarettes to achieve the same nicotine level.

Of course, if people smoke twice the cigarettes to achieve the same level of nicotine, that will lead to twice the tax revenue.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2022/06/21/nicotine-cigarettes-biden-administration-cut/

It's an interesting approach and I believe it may work in the long run. If you set the maximum lower, it will be particularly helpful for new smokers I imagine, as their body will be satisfied with a smaller amount.

You are correct, those already addicted for years will more than likely simply smoke more to satiate their craving. However, the long term goal probably has a positive net expected outcome.

Lightbulb Moment GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I would just as soon be left the hell alone. I am already paying for children's health for kids I never met or smoke around, along with settlements of lawsuits by dumb bastard that blame their smoking on the manufacturers selling something they wanted to smoke. Why don't they mind their own gawdamned business for a change. They have already made enough money off of me. They are probably just still pissed, that it turned out smokers were way down below general population among severe covid affected and covid deaths, statistically. Not my fault, I stay so healthy. I abused the crap out of myself when younger. They need to just fuck off and leave me the fuck alone.

I never smoked... Growing up I was lucky enough to have a cardiologist close friend of my parents... he is like an uncle to me and my sister...
He told me long ago that nicotine becomes a sticky substance in your arteries and if you develop plaque when you are older nicotine will bond the plaque together and block your arteries....
That was enough for me to hear....
So I never did any kind of nicotine... no chew no vape.... All very unhealthy....

It's an interesting approach and I believe it may work in the long run. If you set the maximum lower, it will be particularly helpful for new smokers I imagine, as their body will be satisfied with a smaller amount.

You are correct, those already addicted for years will more than likely simply smoke more to satiate their craving. However, the long term goal probably has a positive net expected outcome.
Nanny state. They should be able to purchase unadulterated tobacco if they so desire.

Honest, dude. I think they quit helping years ago.

It's a consequence of too many politicians of ANY party who are so-called fulltime workers. We need to go back to the days of them riding in for three months of the year, taking care of the most pressing issues, and then going home to work the farm or whatever. I'm sick of the entire thing--I think most of us are.

It's a consequence of too many politicians of ANY party who are so-called fulltime workers. We need to go back to the days of them riding in for three months of the year, taking care of the most pressing issues, and then going home to work the farm or whatever. I'm sick of the entire thing--I think most of us are.

It's just not that simple. Humans tend to always believe that they can intercede beneficially to just about everything. It goes well beyond politics. Some of the prime examples are in environmentalism and conservation, and hunting laws that are predicated on the ridiculous idea that hunting to cull populations is somehow good for nature, to prevent one species from decimating something else. When really, we should let nature establish its own balance.

we should let nature establish its own balance.
If man didn't have such a profound effect on that natural balance, that would be best. However, man has manipulated wildlife populations to such an extent--many times to promote hunting and fishing (think hunting and fishing seasons, regs and stocking of species), that natural balance will never occur until man is no longer a factor. That final point really is part of the natural balance evolution.

If man didn't have such a profound effect on that natural balance, that would be best. However, man has manipulated wildlife populations to such an extent--many times to promote hunting and fishing (think hunting and fishing seasons, regs and stocking of species), that natural balance will never occur until man is no longer a factor. That final point really is part of the natural balance evolution.

This sounds exactly like the government's idea here, that to reduce smoking you should encourage more smoking.

Forum List

Back