The GOP is Often Too Cozy With Big Business

"Corporations are people, my friend"

:rolleyes:

You had better study the history of Supreme Court decisions regarding the issue before shooting your mouth off again, got it?

The case of Romney vs. Reality never came before SCOTUS.

However I do have a decision for you, and it's unanimous from all of us:

:fu:

Last edited:
Just how gullible do you have to be to believe that during the last 23 years the Koch bros have only donated a paltry $18 million? :cuckoo:

And the far left Obama drones come in and attack with their dud propaganda bombs.

And Vox got shot down by Derideo_Te. As if big business gave only or less than $18 million dollars.

Far right reactionary drone Vox alert!

Says the far left Obama drone!

"Corporations are people, my friend"

:rolleyes:

You had better study the history of Supreme Court decisions regarding the issue before shooting your mouth off again, got it?

Good job confirming your complete ignorance on the matter. This is why I told you to study the pertinent history. You'd be better off if you started paying attention and doing as you're told.

However I do have a decision for you, and it's unanimous from all of us:

:fu:

Good job confirming your complete ignorance on the matter. This is why I told you to study the pertinent history. You'd be better off if you started paying attention and doing as you're told.

Good illustration in a thread about fascism.

iphone-alarm-clock-donates-your-snooze-to-charity-0bc84351f9.jpg

0317.jpg

Last edited:
An interesting piece from the National Review that rails against “Crony Capitalism” @ Middle-Class Heroes? | National Review Online I read enough of the piece to believe it presents a generally fair view of the situation. And, as to be expected, the Chamber of Commerce has vowed to support opponents of at least two “tea partiers who didn't want to go along with their demands.

Big Business understands that messing with the debt ceiling is retarded.

And they're right.

You reap what you sow.

What's wrong with the government working with private business? We do it all the time to pave roads and innovate new tech.

It is wrong because it puts the government in the position of deciding who the winners and losers are, and you can always be sure that the winners will be those who support the current politicians in power.

The best, and fairest way for government to pormote innovative new technology is for the government to offer rewards for designs that promote a better America. You put out a $10 million reward for a four passenger automobile that gets 100 miles per gallon, and is safe to drive on the highways, and you will get automobiles that do just that.

What's wrong with the government working with private business? We do it all the time to pave roads and innovate new tech.

It is wrong because it puts the government in the position of deciding who the winners and losers are, and you can always be sure that the winners will be those who support the current politicians in power.

The best, and fairest way for government to pormote innovative new technology is for the government to offer rewards for designs that promote a better America. You put out a $10 million reward for a four passenger automobile that gets 100 miles per gallon, and is safe to drive on the highways, and you will get automobiles that do just that.

It would be nice if the world worked that way. It doesn't. What that Big Auto corporation is going to set its sights on is a product that can maximize profits --- not one that saves fuel or keeps anyone safe or is even practical.

So they might, say, take a truck frame and put an inverted bathtub shell on it with a ridiculously high center of gravity and give it a nice ironic name like "Sport Utility vehicle" (ironic because it's neither). Or they might buy a million dollar ad campaign featuring the Marlboro Man driving some steroidial pickup truck capable of towing an asteroid along a rocky cliff at sunset and sell that image in downtown New Rochelle where that capacity will never be used. That's how it really works.

Both parties are in bed with big business the surprising thing is how the Democrats manage to in bed with big business and the labor union.

Well, you just have to look at the two most recent democrat presidents to realize they'll get into bed with anything.

Forum List

Back