The GOP hates Obama so much, they are trying to endanger his children?

^ Hey, do I resemble that? :lol: I get your meaning, E.

I also noticed his quick flight when presented with something that didn't fit the 'box' he placed me in.

Give me a break. If the Republican leadership had their way, you wouldn't even be able to afford that computer you are writing on. They want every cent in this country to belong to the top 1%. Their policies prove it. And so you want Obama to live as poor as you do? Why not go after your leadership? Duh!

Ideological idiocy. You are selling simplistic class warfare.
Everyone, even loony libs must know a rising economic tide raises all ships and the conservative approach is sustainable, long-term growth. Dems, on the other hand, are beholoden to those (like unions) who care only about their own instant gratification and fiefdoms. It can appear like it's us against them but in reality it's careful economic planning vs. lets-have-a-party!

Patent bs.

Woo. Insightful point by point refutation of my POV. I don't know how you do it. :lol:

Poet ...

I find it interesting that you say 'you don't know me' (referring to yourself) yet you presume to know me by assigning my use of the word uppity with having contempt (which is percevied as 'a snob') for Obama because he is black.

Perhaps I haven't been clear (although tbh, I have explained this several times). Obama isn't uppity because of his skin color, he is uppity because of what he does. His actions. This has zero to do with your concept of black not being equal to white. If that is your perception, fine. But do not assign that to me when I've not implied such.

When the country is in the throws of an awful economy/recession and the president says we all have to tighten our belts, then turns around and spends millions of taxpayer bucks on vacations ... yes, that is seen as uppity. NOT because he's black but because he sees himself as above the fray. I don't begrudge any president or their family vacation, but why wasn't something more modest, say Camp David, good enough? When the president says things like 'this sequester is going to be very painful for Americans' and closes down WH tours but then turns around and throws a big concert with the Hollywodd elite? You bet your sweet bippy that's uppity. Again, NOT because he is black but because of the message it sends ... he is better than the rest of us.

Where did I ever say they weren't suppose to play Hail To the Chief for Obama? He's the president, why wouldn't they play that for him? Kennedy Honors? Where did I ever mention that? State dinners? Of course he holds state dinners, he's the president of the U.S. That's what presidents do. All of them. Pomp and circumstance? Where do you even come up with this tripe? Explaining once again, he is seen as uppity because of his actions (see example above) not because of his skin color. Had Bush or Clinton acted in the same manner I'd have called them uppity as well. They didn't, so I don't. Get it?

I don't know what you mean that 'you are The Cosby Show'. Your father was a doctor and your mother a lawyer, lots of siblings? <shrug> And? If I knew your connection to the show I'd be embarassed? wtf does that even mean?

Your link? I was going to post his actual speech ... obviously I should have. Bill Cosby's common sense is spot on and I agree with him.

I don't see the Obamas as anti-Huxtible. wtf does that even mean? Tbh, I should clarify. I do not see Michelle Obama as snooty, in her actions and how she treats others. She seems fairly down to earth. Barack is the who comes across as looking down upon us peons. Again, not because he is black but because of his actions and his attitude. I included Michelle because her actions of things like sending her children off on taxpayer funded spring vacations to resorts while the rest of the country is struggling .... well, her actions speak volumes. But no, she does not come across as looking down upon people, I don't get that from her.

Well it seems that way to me. Your description of the Huxtables:

My description of the Huxtables:

See any difference in our description? I'm not the one who sees skin color.

Well if you know the definition of the word uppity why are you implying that you don't? You know, blacks don't have dibs on that word. Was it onced used in a derogotory manner (referencing uppity ******)? Yes, it was. And? I provided the actual definintion because that is how Barack Obama comes across to many people. He comes across as 'better than' NOT because he is black but because of his actions/attitude. I've also referred to him as snooty and elitist. They all mean the same thing. Oh, he's also extremely divisive. Do you think I say that because he is black? If yes then you'd be just as wrong as you are about why I see him as uppity.

btw, I don't get uppity from you at all. While we may have a difference of opinions and such I do not get a sense that you feel you are better than me.

False! You may perceive that but it is not true, at least as far as I am using the word. Do some people? No doubt. Am I? Not in the least. You know, I was catching up on Shameless last night. Was watching S3E9. At the 4:50 second mark Frank is asked what he's reading about in the newspaper. He says "Bunch of uppity queers claiming that domestic partnership rights are not good enough for them". Now, if you hear his use of the word uppity (queers) referring to black gay people, well then that's how you hear it. I hear it as 'gay people who think they're better than the rest of us. My take on his use of the word is supported by the rest of his sentence. Uppity means that someone thinks they are better than someone else.

Once, long ago? Sure. Now? Nope. Know who is as uppity as they come? Nancy Pelosi. It is palpable in her. I mean it's like she is patting the poor, little common man's head when she speaks. She's white. Her skin color has zilch to do with her uppitiness, it is her actions/attitude towards others.

We are very much in agreement on this. Yet another thing we have in common. Are you going to knock that as well, like you did about me saying we both grew up middle class?

I + repped you because you came across as someone who treats people as people, rather than seeing skin color. Your responses to me seem to indicate that I am wrong. Am I?

Sorry, I don't have a 'box'. I don't treat people based on anything other than their actions and how they treat me.

Hardly any common ground here.....moving on.

The common ground I see is your lack of intellectual honesty.

Wow. That doesn't even make any sense. The common ground mentioned, if any, would be between Zoom boing and myself. And my disagreement with him, on most of his points, suggests no intellectual dishonesty on my part. You're confused and completely missed the point. Again.

Nope, he is an elitist snoot and his actions speak oh so loudly to this. Did you know that while the rest of us peons are tightening our belts, doing without, not having WH tours ... sequestered if you will .... why old Ba-rock is having himself a mighty fine concert filled with the finest of fine Hollywood elite snoots. True story. I calls 'em as I sees 'em and Ba-rock is an uppity snob. And yes, the man pouts and sulks when he doesn't get his way or when someone dares disagree with him. Apparently his mother never said no to him as a child. Poor thing.

Give me a break. If the Republican leadership had their way, you wouldn't even be able to afford that computer you are writing on. They want every cent in this country to belong to the top 1%. Their policies prove it. And so you want Obama to live as poor as you do? Why not go after your leadership? Duh!

wtf are you babbling about? You don't even bother addressing what I wrote .... again. The truth is Obama is an uppity, hypocritical snoot and if he acted the way he did but carried an R next to his name you'd be all over him like white on rice. But oh, he is a D so for you it's all good.

obama-snob-e1264543991407.jpg

Typical. I'm so proud of President Obama and admire his carriage and demeanor. Precisely what is needed is a black man, who is not intimidated by whites, and who is perceived as "uppity". Hope it sticks in your craw. Again, "moving on".

Last edited:
wtf are you babbling about? You don't even bother addressing what I wrote .... again. The truth is Obama is an uppity, hypocritical snoot and if he acted the way he did but carried an R next to his name you'd be all over him like white on rice. But oh, he is a D so for you it's all good.

obama-snob-e1264543991407.jpg

I'd be uppity too, were I him, and had won re-election, decisively and handily, giving the right "fits". Face it, you'd call any black who didn't act subservient to whites, "uppity".

Nice try, but his winning isn't why he's a snoot (he was a snoot before he placed one foot in the WH :eusa_shhh:_). His hypocritical stance is ... tighten your belts, peons, while I take another vacation jaunt and hobknob with Hollywood elite at a concert. You're too enamored with him to notice or care. I call Obama uppity because he is an elitist snoot. He'd be just as uppity were he white. Nice fail with the race thing. What is it with the left and skin color? Geez, you'd think you never saw a black person before.

I noticed that both you and weanie ignored this part of my post #120, page 8. "Other politicians who are uppity: Nancy Pelosi, Hillary Clinton, Newt Gingrich. Uppity snooty snoots the lot of them.". Now go on and tell me that they are uppity because they're black. Go ahead. :lol: I feel sorry for people who view the world through 'colored' glasses.

Again, "uppity" is a term, commonly applied to blacks. Snob or elitist are the equivalent terms which are applied to whites. Don't get it twisted.

I'd be uppity too, were I him, and had won re-election, decisively and handily, giving the right "fits". Face it, you'd call any black who didn't act subservient to whites, "uppity".

Nice try, but his winning isn't why he's a snoot (he was a snoot before he placed one foot in the WH :eusa_shhh:_). His hypocritical stance is ... tighten your belts, peons, while I take another vacation jaunt and hobknob with Hollywood elite at a concert. You're too enamored with him to notice or care. I call Obama uppity because he is an elitist snoot. He'd be just as uppity were he white. Nice fail with the race thing. What is it with the left and skin color? Geez, you'd think you never saw a black person before.

I noticed that both you and weanie ignored this part of my post #120, page 8. "Other politicians who are uppity: Nancy Pelosi, Hillary Clinton, Newt Gingrich. Uppity snooty snoots the lot of them.". Now go on and tell me that they are uppity because they're black. Go ahead. :lol: I feel sorry for people who view the world through 'colored' glasses.

Again, "uppity" is a term, commonly applied to blacks. Snob or elitist are the equivalent terms which are applied to whites. Don't get it twisted.

Commonly ... back in the day? Yes. Today? Nope. I've given you numerous examples of this which you dismiss because it doesn't fit your 'box'.

Bolded ... applied to? By whom? Not whites. Uppity is a term originally used by blacks of other blacks felt to be too self-assertive.

Uppity synonyms:

Main Entry: arrogant
Part of Speech: adjective
Definition: having exaggerated self-opinion <--- Barack Obama

Synonyms: aloof, assuming, audacious, autocratic, biggety, bossy, bragging, cavalier, cheeky, cocky, cold-shoulder, conceited, contemptuous, cool*, disdainful, domineering, egotistic, haughty, high and mighty, high-handed, imperious, insolent, know-it-all, lordly, on an ego trip, overbearing, peremptory, pompous, presumptuous, pretentious, proud, puffed up, scornful, self-important, smarty, smug, sniffy, snippy, snooty, snotty, stuck up, supercilious, superior, swaggering, uppity , vain, wise guy

^ Where does it say that blacks have dibs on this word or that its use only refers to blacks? Oh, I do stand corrected. It doesn't give elitist as a synonym. Or snob. Huh, interesting.

You know, the dictionary definition of the word uppity doesn't even mention the term in relation to blacks until the word origin/history section. The use of the word can be equally applied to any person, regardless of color. Equality!

Barack Obama is uppity, Nancy Pelosi is uppity. Again, because of their actions/attitudes towards others not because of their skin color. Al Gore, he's another uppity one. Yeesh, is he ever.

Commonly ... back in the day? Yes. Today? Nope. I've given you numerous examples of this which you dismiss because it doesn't fit your 'box'.

Bolded ... applied to? By whom? Not whites. Uppity is a term originally used by blacks of other blacks felt to be too self-assertive.

Uppity synonyms:

Synonyms: aloof, assuming, audacious, autocratic, biggety, bossy, bragging, cavalier, cheeky, cocky, cold-shoulder, conceited, contemptuous, cool*, disdainful, domineering, egotistic, haughty, high and mighty, high-handed, imperious, insolent, know-it-all, lordly, on an ego trip, overbearing, peremptory, pompous, presumptuous, pretentious, proud, puffed up, scornful, self-important, smarty, smug, sniffy, snippy, snooty, snotty, stuck up, supercilious, superior, swaggering, uppity , vain, wise guy

^ Where does it say that blacks have dibs on this word or that its use only refers to blacks? Oh, I do stand corrected. It doesn't give elitist as a synonym. Or snob. Huh, interesting.

You know, the dictionary definition of the word uppity doesn't even mention the term in relation to blacks until the word origin/history section. The use of the word can be equally applied to any person, regardless of color. Equality!

Barack Obama is uppity, Nancy Pelosi is uppity. Again, because of their actions/attitudes towards others not because of their skin color. Al Gore, he's another uppity one. Yeesh, is he ever.

"Uppity" was indeed applied to blacks back-in-the-day and as a result of much needed social change, its use has virtually disappeared. If you want to describe the Prez as "aloof" or "snooty" or even "conceited" your point would be made. To describe him as "uppity" certainly smacks of a "smug" or even "superior" attitude. Would you call him "uppity" anywhere but an anonymous message board or a KKK gathering?

Last edited:

Uppity synonyms:

"Uppity" was indeed applied to blacks back-in-the-day and as a result of much needed social change, its use has virtually disappeared. If you want to describe the Prez as "aloof" or "snooty" or even "conceited" your point would be made. To describe him as "uppity" certainly smacks of a "smug" or even "superior" attitude. Would you call him "uppity" anywhere but an anonymous message board or a KKK gathering?

Yes, why wouldn't I? If I only used it to describe a black person it would certainly be racist. However, I haven't and don't.

eta: I don't belong to nor do I condone the KKK. Swing and a miss.

Uppity synonyms:

Yes, why wouldn't I? If I only used it to describe a black person it would certainly be racist. However, I haven't and don't.

eta: I don't belong to nor do I condone the KKK. Swing and a miss.

I did not mean nor do I believe you do. I mean, we have posters who still refer to "negroes" who aren't necessarily supporters of the KKK. I'm just saying because of the connotation the term like the term "negroes," has all but disappeared from common use.

Forum List

Back