The founder of Rolling Stone thinks only white men are 'masters' of rock.

Sorry Blues Man, but blues is incredibly annoying. Basically the same three chords, in the same simple progression, with different lyrics.
You need to learn more.

It's not just Dominant 7 chords and the 12 bar blues is just the rudimentary framework. Using minor scales over a major chord progression is the very basis of all modern rock music

Like I said without blues there would be no rock and roll.

You need to learn more.

It's not just Dominant 7 chords and the 12 bar blues is just the rudimentary framework. Using minor scales over a major chord progression is the very basis of all modern rock music

Like I said without blues there would be no rock and roll.
Yeah no thanks.

Again, no one did it better than Chuck Berry and Little Richard. Nearly every band from the local garage band to the Beatles covered their songs.

Some can be argued to be as good but no one did it better.

Chuck Berry was notorious for his crappy stage shows and playing slop. It was a well deserved reputation.

Sorry Blues Man, but blues is incredibly annoying. Basically the same three chords, in the same simple progression, with different lyrics.

Listenig to the 'old timey blues players' is marketed as being 'one of the kewl kidz' by Stuck In The 60's' dopers; it's a stupid scam. It's crap.

And yet they are the biggest act on the planet.

So what? Tiny Tim was a big act too. The fact is they sound like shit live, always did. They have some good studio stuff, enough to put together acouple of decent compilation albums, but most of it is crap.

Listenig to the 'old timey blues players' is marketed as being 'one of the kewl kidz' by Stuck In The 60's' dopers; it's a stupid scam. It's crap.

Yeah Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck, Gary Moore, Pete Townsend and gads more will disagree.

Compared to Stevie Ray Vaughan? Yes. Stevie could play Jimmy Hendrix songs better than Jimmy could.

There simply arent enough black rockers to be able to compete with the large number of white rockers.
Stevie was a better technical performer, Jimi had the edge on innovations and sheer creativeness.

You said it yourself, Stevie plays better, but he's playing JImi's licks.

Nobody is saying black folks own metal, I'm just saying white folks don't either.

Forum List

Back