The Filibuster MUST Go

And when you can just read children's books for 24 hours, it will still be just a prop.

From around 1830 to 2010 the filibuster worked just fine.
In 2010, thanks to the GOP the use of the filibuster became the abuse of the filibuster.
If you want to take the chance on 50 republicans doing away with medicare, social security, federal funding of public schools...go for it.
How about Dems cutting the armed forces by 70%, legalizing all abortion, impose wealth taxes, with 50 votes, sound better?

What's in place now no longer works.
Four options:
1. Continue doing what we're doing which, as Einstein pointed out, is insane.
2. Eliminate the filibuster altogether which has risks as pointed out
3. Return the filibuster to its pre-1975 version which worked for 150 years
4. Try some unknown track without defining the risks.

My choice is 3. Less risk than 2 and 4, less crazy than 1.
If 3 doesn't work we can always pursue 2&4 they can also include rules about what types of bills can and cannot be filibustered. This is the best way to go.

One of these days, you will have something meaningul to add to a conversation.
It may be part of a conversation with three year olds, but it will be meaningful.
Today is not that day.
Oh lookee. Paraphrasing Aragorn.

With you my little Querdeken, EVERY days is my day.

Democrats rarely use the filibuster; it’s used by Republicans when they’re in the minority to thwart the will of the people.
During the 2019-2020 Congressional term, a record-breaking 328 filibusters were recorded with Democrats in the minority.
Since 2009, 657 filibusters were recorded under Democratic minorities while 609 filibusters were recorded under Republican minorities.
Why did you lie about this?

Democrats rarely use the filibuster; it’s used by Republicans when they’re in the minority to thwart the will of the people.
During the 2019-2020 Congressional term, a record-breaking 328 filibusters were recorded with Democrats in the minority.
Since 2009, 657 filibusters were recorded under Democratic minorities while 609 filibusters were recorded under Republican minorities.

Just another God hating liberal cuck who want's to sell off more of America's wealth to China.

We are technically under Martial Law so the very last thing you would want to do is give up the filibuster.

Just trash it. Mitch will anyway...first chance he gets

Funny. It didn't do Democrats much good when Moscow Mitch was the Senate Majority Leader. The main difference is that DEMOCRACY is on the line this time!
Democracy is on the line?

How?

Just trash it. Mitch will anyway...first chance he gets
Manchin says it stays. I can't believe the gop won't fold. It would literally be like my neighbor who was in the middle of a divorce, and he drove up to the marital house where his "still" wife was, got out of his car, got her attention inside, and then shot himself in the head.

What really pisses me off was he had a really clean old Ford Bronco. I shudda made the wife a low ball offer, but I was short of cash. (-:

Manchin says it stays. I can't believe the gop won't fold. It would literally be like my neighbor who was in the middle of a divorce, and he drove up to the marital house where his "still" wife was, got out of his car, got her attention inside, and then shot himself in the head.

What really pisses me off was he had a really clean old Ford Bronco. I shudda made the wife a low ball offer, but I was short of cash. (-:
We are more or less under an illegal Martial Law status right now, so the last thing you would want to do is forfeit one of the tools of Democracy.

Disgusting that you would want to benefit over a tragedy like that. Why are you guys all alike?

Nope...it's like he walked in the door with a Molotov cocktail and burned down the house with his wife AND himself inside

I'm going with, "Because he doesn't really have a clue and just hopes it sounds convincing and no one will call him on it" for $400.

Forum List

Back