The Fed

What I worry most about the Fed these days is how they are going to soak up liquidity once the velocity of money begins to pick up. We are in a massive bond bubble, much bigger than the subprime bubble was.

Raise the overnight rate. Raise the rate on reserves. Allow their sheet to run off. Sell bonds.

There have been a myriad of threads about the Fed., however, I just want to discuss the facts.

The Fed is a private entity, not government owned.

The Fed was created by the richest families in America in the early 20th century.

The Fed was created to eliminate competition from smaller, regional banks.

The Fed is currently lending money to corporations at an interest rate of 0.75%. The companies that borrow from the Fed are buying Treasury bills at an interest rate of 2.5%. The Fed is therefore, directly selling American tax payer debt to corporations around the world.

Discuss.

Worst idea ever. Woodrow Wilson regretted his decision to go along with this. Our founding fathers wanted to prevent this, but the Woodrow administration supported legislation that was written by the big banks, for the big banks. It insured that we would always be indebted to them because we have to purchase our money from them. No way to ever pay them off the way they set it up.

We need to abolish the federal reserve, but haven't seen anyone on either side serious about doing so.

Wilson was liberal and handed over power to the wealthiest people in the country. He also made income tax permanent to ensure that the banks would keep getting paid.

Woodrow Wilson regretted his decision to go along with this.

I love that fake quote. Almost as good as the fake Jefferson quote.

Our founding fathers wanted to prevent this,

The Founders that created the First Bank of the United States in 1791?

It insured that we would always be indebted to them because we have to purchase our money from them.

You buy your money from the Fed? Cool! How do you do it?

It insured that we would always be indebted to them because we have to purchase our money from them.

The Federal Reserve prints our money and they don't do it for free. So we pay them if we want money. They also set interest rates and pretty much control everything.

The government was supposed to do this, not some private banks. The Federal Reserve needs to be abolished.

11 Reasons Why The Federal Reserve Should Be Abolished

The Federal Reserve prints our money and they don't do it for free. So we pay them if we want money. They also set interest rates and pretty much control everything.

The government was supposed to do this, not some private banks. The Federal Reserve needs to be abolished.

So we pay them if we want money.

Yes, if you buy a $20 it costs you $20. So what?

They also set interest rates

They set overnight rates.

and pretty much control everything.

That's funny.

The government was supposed to do this, not some private banks.

The Fed is part of our government.

Thanks for the link.
Michael Snyder is an idiot.

Forum List

Back