The FDR speech in 1936 at the unveiling of the magnificent Robert E Lee memorial statue.

The Japanese were well treated ...
When we throw your ass in a concentration camp (for your own good, of course) we'll treat you real good. Of course if you try to leave you'll be shot to death from a gun tower, but that's just part of the full service plan.

US citizens did not attack the Pearl Harbor Naval Base.
Thats true, but America was angry and not thinking clearly at the time

and it did afford the opportunity for japanese citizens (meaning Americans) to write a proud place in history for themselves

When we throw your ass in a concentration camp (for your own good, of course) we'll treat you real good.
Previously I would have said that America has learned from that mistake

but dont think people like you have learned

your hate is never far from the surface

Thats true, but America was angry and not thinking clearly at the time

and it did afford the opportunity for japanese citizens (meaning Americans) to write a proud place in history for themselves
Think of all the opportunities waiting for YOU when we throw your ass in a concentration camp!

Think of all the opportunities waiting for YOU when we throw your ass in a concentration camp!
See post #123

you are really revealing yourself as s public school teacher driven by deep hatreds

See post #123

you are really revealing yourself as s public school teacher driven by deep hatreds
Why do you equate pointing out the inaccuracies and the illogic in your failed attempt to defend a position with “hatred”?

The Articles of Confederation, the Constitution of the United States of America, and the Supreme Court all disagree with you.
Please quote any Article of Confederation, portion of The Constitution, or a Supreme Court case prior to the war that agrees with you. You can't.

And spare is all the "perpetual union" weak-ass bullshit. That is a stretch by any standard and a bullshit excuse for Tyrant Lincoln to continue the war.

Previously I would have said that America has learned from that mistake

but dont think people like you have learned

your hate is never far from the surface
No hate here. Just disappointment at your utter failure of logic.

My students make up their own minds. I just provide the facts. Facts like fdr's concentration camps. Facts like fdr turning away the M.S. St. Louis. Facts like his infidelity to his wife. Facts like his well-documented racism. Facts like the way his bumbling with the economy prolonged the Great Depression by 7 years. Facts like the Tuskegee experiments. Facts like his threats at packing the Supreme Court. Facts like putting a klansman on the Supreme Court. Facts like enabling Stalin. Facts like being the only president to break from the tradition of seeking no more than two terms in office established by George Washington.

Which of them do you dispute? Which of them do you find virtuous?
^^^^^^^
Well?

I think the hateful rendering of history such as you spout lacks context and persoective
For some reason, you are determined to play the apologist for the misdeeds of the worst fucking scumbag to ever occupy the oval office.

Please quote any Article of Confederation, portion of The Constitution, or a Supreme Court case prior to the war that agrees with you. You can't.

And spare is all the "perpetual union" weak-ass bullshit. That is a stretch by any standard and a bullshit excuse for Tyrant Lincoln to continue the war.
You answered your own question, clown. Denying the obvious correct answer to your own question does not discredit it. Stop trying to defend traitors to my great nation.

For some reason, you are determined to play the apologist for the misdeeds of the worst fucking scumbag to ever occupy the oval office.
I dont agree

you have a burr on your ass toward more than just FDR and I think you are infecting your students with your crap

I dont agree

you have a burr on your ass toward more than just FDR and I think you are infecting your students with your crap
My students make up their own minds. I just provide the facts. Facts like fdr's concentration camps. Facts like fdr turning away the M.S. St. Louis. Facts like his infidelity to his wife. Facts like his well-documented racism. Facts like the way his bumbling with the economy prolonged the Great Depression by 7 years. Facts like the Tuskegee experiments. Facts like his threats at packing the Supreme Court. Facts like putting a klansman on the Supreme Court. Facts like enabling Stalin. Facts like being the only president to break from the tradition of seeking no more than two terms in office established by George Washington.

I dont agree

I already pointed that your version of japanese internment is off key

Forum List

Back