The Far Left's Perfect Self-Inflicted Storm: Measles, Anti-Vaccs & HIV Geographically Converge

Alrdy posted the links in one of the lefts other rants here on the issue........... another way it was said to Id an anti vac concentration was find a Whole Foods and you've found one. what do you say to 75% of people who got a worthless Flu shot this yr.........

Hilly and Obama both were on the anti vac bandwagon during previous campaigns

Unless you have a link to that, I gotta call bullshit.
Hillary Clinton, Obama entangled in vaccines debate as old comments resurface
Hillary Clinton Obama entangled in vaccines debate as old comments resurface - Washington Times

That's all you got? Hillary saying that she would work to fund a study to find the reasons for autism, and vaccines would be looked at as part of the investigation?

Her Quote:
“I am committed to make investments to find the causes of autism, including possible environmental causes like vaccines.”

If vaccines weren't included in the study you would be crying cover up. Nothing in what she said could be construed as her saying vaccinations cause autism. Unless you got something more, the Bullshit call stands.

Leaves the impression it might........or could....... ..... Also millennials are big anti vaccers ....guess who they voted for..........

Leaves the impression it might........or could....... ..... Also millennials are big anti vaccers ....guess who they voted for..........

Only to a person who cares more about what he can make from a statement than what it actually says. I guess you can keep trying to make anti vaccination a liberal idea, but it won't work. Teabaggers will believe every word of it just like they believe in FEMA prisons and Bigfoot though.

Well it seems the counterculture purists have shot themselves in the foot.

Measles, highly contagious and very deadly to HIV patients is now beginning to rage to a threshold level for an epidemic at ground zero for HIV patients.

In San Francisco and ritzy parts of LA where yuppies shirked vaccines from viral rumors on the internet from a reaction or two, now looms a double-cocktail of stupid. Their little young ones with grubby fingers and snotty noses are living vectors of something we once thought was in the bag.

Of course MSNBC's Bay Area anchor and LA anchor were dancing around those at the worst risk yesterday. The keywords to hear were "those with compromised immune systems". Why they just won't come out and say HIV patients and save a few lives is beyond me..?

People with HIV will assume "oh, I can just take antibiotics like always". Well, no you can't. And that's because antibiotics don't kill viruses. Measles is a virus; a terrible one if your immune system isn't functioning. From what I've read, if you have a compromised immune response, your organs sort of melt into pustules and then you die.

There's an article about this issue written a few years back by the CDC: Epidemiologic Notes and Reports Measles in HIV-Infected Children United States

People, immunize your kids. HIV patients, well, I don't know what to tell you. Stay away from schools? Public areas? I just don't know..

Yep...

LOL!

I forget what thread it was, but we were doin' the usual thing "Evil never prevails" , "Yes it does"...

And here we are... looking dead in the face of yet another example of nature coming to collect the tab. And who provided the path for that? The purveyors of evil!

MAN! I love the poetry of justice. It's so... FINAL.

That article is archived from 1988.

You should get up to date on HIV treatment.

Agreed, would 2011 be more to your liking?

Live vaccines are used for MMR and thus may pose risks in immunocompromised patients. In a study of children with HIV infection, however, no severe reactions were documented in 70 HIV-infected children who received MMR vaccines.(87) Moreover, reports suggest that severe disease with pneumonitis is common with measles in HIV-infected children, with a mortality rate of about 30%. One review suggests that vaccination may reduce the mortality rate of measles in HIV-infected children.(88) On that basis, the CDC recommends measles vaccine for all HIV-infected children who are not severely immunosuppressed (with severe immunosuppression defined as a CD4 percentage of <15%) and who lack evidence of measles immunity.(86) As with other vaccines, serologic response may be poor in HIV infection, and children with severe HIV-related immunosuppression should be considered susceptible to measles even if they have received measles vaccine....(86) Immunizations and HIV

Interesting what you highlighted- and didn't highlight

Live vaccines are used for MMR and thus may pose risks in immunocompromised patients. In a study of children with HIV infection, however, no severe reactions were documented in 70 HIV-infected children who received MMR vaccines.(87)

Moreover, reports suggest that severe disease with pneumonitis is common with measles in HIV-infected children, with a mortality rate of about 30%. One review suggests that vaccination may reduce the mortality rate of measles in HIV-infected children.(88) On that basis, the CDC recommends measles vaccine for all HIV-infected children who are not severely immunosuppressed (with severe immunosuppression defined as a CD4 percentage of <15%) and who lack evidence of measles immunity.(86) As with other vaccines, serologic response may be poor in HIV infection, and children with severe HIV-related immunosuppression should be considered susceptible to measles even if they have received measles vaccine.(80) The ACIP also recommends mumps and rubella vaccines for HIV-infected children.(86)

Few data on the safety or efficacy of measles vaccine in HIV-infected adults are available. There have been case reports of fatal pneumonitis after measles vaccination in severely immunocompromised adults, and response to vaccine appears to be poor.(89) However, no severe adverse reactions have been reported in HIV-infected patients without advanced immunosuppression who received MMR vaccination.(87,90,91) The CDC recommends MMR vaccination for all HIV-infected adults with CD4 counts of >200 cells/µL who lack evidence of measles immunity.(23)

One point you did raise is that yes- those parents who refuse to vaccinate their children against measles are putting other's lives at risk.

As Jeb Bush said: Parents immunize your kids.

I don't often agree with a Bush, but he is just speaking common sense.

What difference does it make if he elected or not. He has been on several high profile shows spouting this for yr..........most people dont know th first thing about their Congress critter but they can tell ya who was on TV and what they said

Robert Kennedy Jr.’s belief in autism-vaccine connection, and its political peril Robert Kennedy Jr. s belief in autism-vaccine connection and its political peril - The Washington Post

Robert Kennedy Jr.’s belief in autism-vaccine connection, and its political peril Robert Kennedy Jr. s belief in autism-vaccine connection and its political peril - The Washington Post

That is amazing- you found an article about a liberal who is against an addivitive in vaccines- who is not being taken seriously by any Democrats in Washington.

I am not sure what that is supposed to be proof of.

Do I think that there are more liberals who are stupid about vaccinations than conservatives?

Very possibly.

But there are plenty of conservatives who are against vaccinations- usually on some anti-government/conspiracy kick- and are stupid also- not hard to find those posters here.

Bottom line is: Parents vaccinate your kids- whether you are a Liberal or a Conservative.

but ...but,.........I thought it was just a teabagger issue...........funny how libs get all bi-partisan when busted lying

but ...but,.........I thought it was just a teabagger issue...........funny how libs get all bi-partisan when busted lying

Speaking to yourself again?

Please provides some quotes to show exactly how you think that I- or any other 'liberal' poster here is lying.

Go for it.

OMG ...really ...have you been following all the threads libs started on this the last few days....been an avalanche of em....try some honesty eh

What difference does it make if he elected or not. He has been on several high profile shows spouting this for yr..........most people dont know th first thing about their Congress critter but they can tell ya who was on TV and what they said

Most people couldn't pick him out in a crowd either. What you got to show anti virus sentiments to be a widespread democratic cause. I'll freely admit there a few on both sides who have warped thinking on this, but the anti-government sentiments make that much more prevalent on the right.

Forum List

Back