The Far Left's Perfect Self-Inflicted Storm: Measles, Anti-Vaccs & HIV Geographically Converge

but ...but,.........I thought it was just a teabagger issue...........funny how libs get all bi-partisan when busted lying

What lie have I told? This is a matter of public safety, and opposition to vaccinations is wrong from either side of the isle. However, you still haven't shown that anti vaccine is a goal of the left in general, or for any Democratic politicians.

OMG ...really ...have you been following all the threads libs started on this the last few days....been an avalanche of em....try some honesty eh

Please provides some quotes to show exactly how you think that I- or any other 'liberal' poster here is lying.

Go for it.

At the moment it appears you are the one lying.

Say It Ain't So, O

Why is Oprah Winfrey promoting vaccine skeptic Jenny McCarthy? Why is Oprah Winfrey promoting vaccine skeptic Jenny McCarthy

So we are going to have show and tell of idiots from the left and right who are 'vaccine skeptics'

Let me ask you this simple question.

Do you think that children should be vaccinated or are you an idiot?

If you are not an idiot, then we agree that children should be vaccinated- an opinion that I- a liberal- have always had.

Course not...doesnt fit the lib propaganda of the last few days .......

The left has been talking about specific politicians who are considering a run for the presidency. Your efforts to discredit radio or TV hosts are not the same thing. Your effort to implicate Hillary was a miserable failure. Don't you get the difference?

Issue isnt your position nice try though....... apparently libs here need to be reminded of who the organized anti vaccers are.........been running around all week like they've found the winning issue of the next campaign........

Issue isnt your position nice try though....... apparently libs here need to be reminded of who the organized anti vaccers are.........been running around all week like they've found the winning issue of the next campaign........

Still waiting for you to prove your claim

Please provides some quotes to show exactly how you think that I- or any other 'liberal' poster here is lying.

Go for it.

At the moment it appears you are the one lying.

Any politician from either side who is anti vaccine deserves any opposition he gets.

Say It Ain't So, O

Why is Oprah Winfrey promoting vaccine skeptic Jenny McCarthy? Why is Oprah Winfrey promoting vaccine skeptic Jenny McCarthy

When Oprah of Jenny throw their hats into the ring for President, get back with me.
yeah cause nobody watches her...........or DR oz another one promoting this......

Don't worry, I won't vote for Doctor Oz or Oprah either. Feel better now?

Say It Ain't So, O

When Oprah of Jenny throw their hats into the ring for President, get back with me.
yeah cause nobody watches her...........or DR oz another one promoting this......

Don't worry, I won't vote for Doctor Oz or Oprah either. Feel better now?

These Anti-Vaxxers Are Funding ‘Ready for Hillary’ These Anti-Vaxxers Are Funding Ready for Hillary - The Daily Beast

Any politician from either side who is anti vaccine deserves any opposition he gets.

Absolutely!

More and more doctors are informing their patients that they will need to get vaccinated or they will no longer be able to have them be patients. I heard one pediatrician talk about how he had 21 babies exposed to measles because of one of his patients in the waiting room with a measles infection.

In the 1960's there was no opposition to vaccines- our parents had too many reminders from polio victims to pock scarred adults to listen to anti-vaccine fantasies.

Live vaccines are used for MMR and thus may pose risks in immunocompromised patients. In a study of children with HIV infection, however, no severe reactions were documented in 70 HIV-infected children who received MMR vaccines.(87) Moreover, reports suggest that severe disease with pneumonitis is common with measles in HIV-infected children, with a mortality rate of about 30%. One review suggests that vaccination may reduce the mortality rate of measles in HIV-infected children.(88) On that basis, the CDC recommends measles vaccine for all HIV-infected children who are not severely immunosuppressed (with severe immunosuppression defined as a CD4 percentage of <15%) and who lack evidence of measles immunity.(86) As with other vaccines, serologic response may be poor in HIV infection, and children with severe HIV-related immunosuppression should be considered susceptible to measles even if they have received measles vaccine....(86) Immunizations and HIV

Interesting what you highlighted- and didn't highlight.

Actually, what's interesting is that you would spout about how people with HIV don't have to worry "because they can get immunized for measles" while that is not a guarantee of protection for people with HIV, whether or not it's pronounced immune suppression. Here's what the sentence said:

"As with other vaccines, serologic response may be poor in HIV infection, (comma) and children with severe HIV-related immunosuppression should be considered susceptible to measles even if they have received measles vaccine."

What that sentence says is, "if you have HIV, benign or severe, beware of measles even if you've had the vaccination. That is what it says in a nutshell. They may have been being politically correct or polite. It would appear more "bigoted" I suppose if they just came out and said "if you have HIV, stay the fuck away from measles even if you have had the vaccine; because you're essentially playing russian roulette.."

I asked Manon whether he supported vaccinations.

No reply.

All he does is try to make vacinations a liberal or conservative thing.

Just a weird form of trolling.

Live vaccines are used for MMR and thus may pose risks in immunocompromised patients. In a study of children with HIV infection, however, no severe reactions were documented in 70 HIV-infected children who received MMR vaccines.(87) Moreover, reports suggest that severe disease with pneumonitis is common with measles in HIV-infected children, with a mortality rate of about 30%. One review suggests that vaccination may reduce the mortality rate of measles in HIV-infected children.(88) On that basis, the CDC recommends measles vaccine for all HIV-infected children who are not severely immunosuppressed (with severe immunosuppression defined as a CD4 percentage of <15%) and who lack evidence of measles immunity.(86) As with other vaccines, serologic response may be poor in HIV infection, and children with severe HIV-related immunosuppression should be considered susceptible to measles even if they have received measles vaccine....(86) Immunizations and HIV

Interesting what you highlighted- and didn't highlight.

Actually, what's interesting is that you would spout about how people with HIV don't have to worry "because they can get immunized for measles"."

And of course I didn't say that.

here is what I said:

Anyone who has HIV and is currently under treatment can be vaccinated against measles:

WHO Measles

Given the severe course of measles in patients with advanced HIV infection, measles vaccination should be routinely administered to potentially susceptible, asymptomatic HIV-positive children and adults. Measles vaccination may be considered even in individuals with symptomatic HIV infection, provided that they are not severely immunosuppressed. Where the risk of contracting measles infection is negligible, physicians who are able to monitor CD4 counts in HIV patients receiving antiretroviral treatment may prefer to delay the use of measles vaccine until CD4 counts are above 200. Following measles vaccination, no increased risk of serious adverse events has been demonstrated in HIV-positive compared with HIV-negative children, although lower antibody levels may be found in the former group.

No reply.

Meanwhile Hilly fills her pockets with antivaxxer money.......which buys influence ....which of course if it was Koch Bros.....O M G

No reply.

Meanwhile Hilly fills her pockets with antivaxxer money.......which buys influence ....which of course if it was Koch Bros.....O M G

Why don't you check with Sean, and get another issue? This one isn't working out for you very well.

Forum List

Back