The Facts and Numbers PROVE: The GOP has been a Miserable failure for the Past 100 years

The Banker

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2017
Boston
Thanks to Crepitus who posted a VERY interesting factual chart of the historical GDP gains of all presidents for the past 100 years. The GOP has underperformed the Dems by A LOT. See for your self:

US Pres ave GDP.jpeg

Notta Good Look...
Terrible results from the GOP, the Democrats are just so much better. In terms of GDP growth, the only good republican was Reagan and he ramped up deficits and spending massively, using the go to GOP playbook of BIG time spending, BIG time tax handouts to the ultra wealthy, and BIG TIME deficits.

But wait there's more: Jobs and stock market gains too.
The Democrats have greatly outperformed the GOP when it comes to job gains, stock market gains, wealth. See for yourself, these are all facts:

BUT WAIT!!! There's more:
The GOP is the party of Recession !!!! EVERY single GOP president has had at least 1 (some more than one!!!) RECESSION !!!!
11 of the last 12 recessions were all under GOP presidents !!! YIKES !!!!!
TOTAL FAILURE.
A republican president can't even manage to complete a 4 year term without a recession. Pathetic.
See for yourself:

My question is this: Where do Republicans get off claiming GOP policy is better, when it has been an abysmal failure for 100 years???
The democrats have made a lot of mistakes, BUT the GOP has been a total failure, and it is just un-deniable. The facts prove this. MAGA means don't vote for the failed GOP.

How do Republicans defend this record of massive total failure???
We are all waiting for your response [Jeopardy music playing in background]...

PS look at all the facts I posted...

Last edited:
Thanks to Crepitus who posted a VERY interesting factual chart of the historical GDP gains of all presidents for the past 100 years. The GOP has underperformed the Dems by A LOT. See for your self:

View attachment 495169

Notta Good Look...
Terrible results from the GOP, the Democrats are just so much better. In terms of GDP growth, the only good republican was Reagan and he ramped up deficits and spending massively, using the go to GOP playbook of BIG time spending, BIG time tax handouts to the ultra wealthy, and BIG TIME deficits.

The Democrats have greatly outperformed the GOP when it comes to job gains, stock market gains, wealth. See for yourself, these are all facts:

The GOP is the party of Recession !!!! EVERY single GOP president has had at least 1 (some more than one!!!) RECESSION !!!!
TOTAL FAILURE.
A republican president can't even manage to complete a 4 year term without a recession. Pathetic.
See for yourself:

My question is this: Where do Republicans get off claiming GOP policy is better, when it has been an abysmal failure for 100 years???
The democrats have made a lot of mistakes, BUT the GOP has been a total failure, and it is just un-deniable. The facts prove this.

Did you take into account the makeup of Senate and House submitting spending bills to those presidents?

Tho you may treat your elected presidents like kings...

they aren't.

They can usually only work on what is put on their desks, by the Legislative Branch.

• Banned

View attachment 495169

Notta Good Look...

TOTAL FAILURE.
See for yourself:

The democrats have made a lot of mistakes, BUT the GOP has been a total failure, and it is just un-deniable. The facts prove this.

Did you take into account the makeup of Senate and House submitting spending bills to those presidents?

Tho you may treat your elected presidents like kings...

they aren't.

They can usually only work on what is put on their desks, by the Legislative Branch.
The president sets the agenda.
Bush and Trump both had GOP congress, plenty others too.
Blaming congress is just another pathetic attempt at diversion.

Republicans always blame everyone else for all their fuck ups. Republicans can never ever ever take persoonal responsibility for anything in life. Its always somebody else's fault. Its pathetic. Republicans are pathetic.

The party of failure and blame everybody else.

• Banned
The Democrats have made a lot of mistakes, BUT the GOP has been a total failure, and it is just un-deniable. The facts prove this. MAGA means don't vote for the failed GOP.

The Democrats have made a lot of mistakes, BUT the GOP has been a total failure, and it is just un-deniable. The facts prove this. MAGA means don't vote for the failed GOP.

I get it, you're just another scumbag Leftist who supports permanent ONE PARTY rule by DemoCRAPs.

View attachment 495169

Notta Good Look...

TOTAL FAILURE.
See for yourself:

The democrats have made a lot of mistakes, BUT the GOP has been a total failure, and it is just un-deniable. The facts prove this. MAGA means don't vote for the failed GOP.

Interesting.. Facts don't lie.

I get it, you're just another scumbag Leftist who supports permanent ONE PARTY rule by DemoCRAPs.

The GOP needs to do better.. and Trump isn't it.

Not at all.

I am tired of GOP failure, and I am tired of idiot republicans whining and crying like little bitches when the GOP has fucked everything up for 100 years.

Where do Republicans get off claiming GOP policy is better, when it has been an abysmal failure for 100 years???

answer the question. defend your record... DEFEND YOUR RECORD. AHAHAHAHA!!!!
jeopardy music playing in background

View attachment 495169

Notta Good Look...

TOTAL FAILURE.
See for yourself:

If you're a brain dead Statistic

Oh look Dan Marino never won a Superbowl yet he is considered one of the greatest Quarterbacks ever...why is that fool?

View attachment 495169

Notta Good Look...

TOTAL FAILURE.
See for yourself:

Please defend your record.
How do you defend the GOP record of failure for the past 100 years ?? I am wondering, that is the point of the thread.

View attachment 495169

Notta Good Look...

TOTAL FAILURE.
See for yourself:

A personal attack is all you've got.

Oh look Dan Marino never won a Superbowl yet he is considered one of the greatest Quarterbacks ever...why is that fool?
I don't get it. Dan Marino was still a big winner and won a lot of games, and set a lot of records.

Thye GOP has only set record for failure. The GOP has no wins at all. The GOP has done nothing good at all.

The GOP are the NY Jets, the worst team in the league.

DEFEND YOUR RECORD.

FDR was a total failure until 1940 when massive orders for war material were forthcoming. Until then the unemployment numbers were still over 17%.

There's a fact for you.

Øbama averaged 1.6% GDP while the first three years of Trump were nearly double that.

Trump then left Biden a 3rd quarter 2020 growth of 33.1%, a 4th quarter 2020 growth of 4%, and the 1st quarter of 2021 growth of 6.4%.

Oh, the pandemic was the only thing that slowed growth under Trump in the 1st and 2nd quarters of 2020.

And the best real wage increases in 40 years under Trump.

Low energy prices, peace breaking out, etc., etc., etc.

Not at all.

I am tired of GOP failure, and I am tired of idiot republicans whining and crying like little bitches when the GOP has fucked everything up for 100 years.

Where do Republicans get off claiming GOP policy is better, when it has been an abysmal failure for 100 years???

answer the question. defend your record... DEFEND YOUR RECORD. AHAHAHAHA!!!!
jeopardy music playing in background
Oh fuck off and die, Communist. Without the GOP, America would be another far left shithole just like YOUR Soviet Union, Russkie.

The OP is correct, yes Republicans have been miserable failures when it comes to GDP growth. But there are very fundamental economic reasons for that failure. Tax cuts. It is really that simple. Tax cuts and cutting government spending. See, when the government spends money, well it spends ALL the money. But when taxes are cut, especially to those at higher income levels, some of that money is saved. It is not spent, and no, it is not invested either. And no, buying stocks is not investing, it is saving. You are purchasing a financial instrument and you expect to get that money back based on the value of that financial instrument. No damn difference than a savings account. Investing is when you are actually putting money into something that creates something and you are expecting that investment to generate income, not return your principal.

So, when money that was spent, like in the form of government spending, is replaced by money that is saved, it results in something called the Paradox of Thrift. It is a drag on the economy. Economists know this. And what trips me out is that Republican are all about conspiracies. But they can't see the biggest one right in front of their face. You know who else knows about the Paradox of Thrift, the drag on the economy resulting from tax cuts and cuts to government spending, Republican leadership. So called Republican "economists", most from George Mason university, LOL. And even Republican think tanks and PAC's. They all know it.

They don't give a shit. They don't care if the nation is not making more pie, which is really what GDP growth is all about. They are lazy ass leeches that just want more of the pie that is already there, without doing any damn work. Which is the definition of another economic term, "rent seeking". I mean these assholes have infiltrated damn near every university in the country. They cry about the liberalization of American universities simply as a means of distracting from the fact that million dollar plus donations are delivered to universities throughout the country by the Koch foundation and other right wing activists requiring business schools to require students to read Atlas Shrugged. They teach them supply side economics, which was determined a fantasy decades ago. Say's Law is dead, has always been dead, and was nothing but a pipedream from day one.

Basically, economists had most of this shit figured out by the middle of the 19th century. We should be past all this bullshit. Trickle down was called the horse and sparrow theory. Feed the horse, that is the rich people and corporations, and the flies, which are most of us, get to eat bits of grain left in the horseshit. Obviously, the vision that projects is more close to reality than the now called "trickle down" theory. Hell, it is why they call it trickle down and not horse and sparrow. But that just goes to show you they know they are blowing smoke up our ass.

Forum List

Back