The Evolution of Bill Maher

CarlinAnnArbor

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2016
Got to admit, I'm becoming a fan. He's starting to make great points

I like Bill too. But he's going the same route as John Stewart. It looks like the Trump era broke him. And he's just exhausted from having to keep turning over the same pile of dirt week after week after week.

Got to admit, I'm becoming a fan. He's starting to make great points

View attachment 698260
Broken clock has its moment of being right.

He was fun on his Comedy Central show, where he was an equal opportunity gadfly....Then he went network and became full of himself.

Though he's as close to an intellectually honest lefty whose name isn't Dershowitz, he's still a hack.

Maher has always made fun of both sides, and has even spoken out against the liberals and the Dems when they got stupid.

I especially appreciated what he said last week when he and his panel were talking about the crazy on BOTH sides that needs to be addressed. I especially liked the point that was made when talking about Biden's speech. They said that yes, he called out the right for their Trump support, but he wouldn't have been seen as a "divider" if he would have ALSO called out the loonies on the left. Most people in this country are a mix of both conservative and liberal, and they like to see a balance between the two. Me? There are things that I think Republicans are right on, and there are things that Dems are right on. I also think that there are things that Republicans AND Democrats get seriously wrong in their bids to pander to their bases.

It would be nice if both sides could strike a balance, and not be so black and white, because I got news for everyone............the world itself isn't black and white, there are many shades of grey in between both sides.

Forum List

Back