The "Equality" vs "Equity" Scam

Winner, winner, Chicken Dinner

Another post, more Lisa blaming the the poor for their lot in life
Pointing out that sometimes it IS the fault of poor people who remain poor, yes. And you will note I SAID SOMETIMES.

You are under the leftist illusion that the poor NEVER can do no wrong, and are not responsible for any of their choices.

Well of course. You don’t expect them to hire an employee who will create a net loss to the company, do you?
That is what I said in response to the Government forcing them to pay people more than they input as labor.

How did those who were raised with you turn out?
Most of my elementary school classmates became criminals and by the time I was in my early twenties were either dead or in jail. One time some friends and I were looking at our second grade class picture. Out of the thirty two kids in it, we could account for over twenty that we KNEW were either in jail or dead. We knew others who were criminals, but not currently in jail. Six of us made it out.

You said what? You’re OK that businesses make a profit off every employee?

This isn’t the federal government we are talking about here.
Try to keep up with the thread

I replied to the comment that minimum wage employees are paid more than their labor is worth

I replied that you make a profit off of every employee or you don’t keep them

Most of my elementary school classmates became criminals and by the time I was in my early twenties were either dead or in jail. One time some friends and I were looking at our second grade class picture. Out of the thirty two kids in it, we could account for over twenty that we KNEW were either in jail or dead. We knew others who were criminals, but not currently in jail. Six of us made it out.
And you point to the reality of poverty

Yes, some escape poverty and become a success in life. Most don’t.
In past generations there was a path for low skilled employees to move up the ladder. Upward mobility is much more difficult today

In past generations there was a path for low skilled employees to move up the ladder. Upward mobility is much more difficult today
Yes, and the ones who escaped poverty did so by making the right choices, valuing the right things, and behaving in such a way as to become a success in life. it just shows the difference an individual can make to his or her own likelihood of success.

Yes, and the ones who escaped poverty did so by making the right choices, valuing the right things, and behaving in such a way as to become a success in life. it just shows the difference an individual can make to his or her own likelihood of success.

Some do, most don’t

They are the exception, not the norm
20 percent of the population is low IQ or has some disability. There is only so far they can go.

Claiming that everyone can pick themselves up by their bootstraps and succeed is not going to happen

You just call them deadbeats and losers

Some do, most don’t

They are the exception, not the norm
20 percent of the population is low IQ or has some disability. There is only so far they can go.

Claiming that everyone can pick themselves up by their bootstraps and succeed is not going to happen

You just call them deadbeats and losers
No, I’m pointing out that many - not all - could indeed improve their lot in life. I never claimed all.

You just don’t want to give poor people who become a success in life any credit for their wise choices, their good values, their willingness to sacrifice, whatever else it took, because the converse would be that you’d have to acknowledge that some people remain poor because they made poor choices, didn’t value the right things, didn’t make the sacrifices needed, whatever.

My dad studied all afternoon and evening to win a free college education while the other boys were hanging out in the corner, playing stickball on the street, and smoking reefer behind the bushes. Doesn’t my dad get ANY credit?

The only difference between the criminals and the six if us were the choices we made. LAUSD had special schools for the "disabled" in those days. We CHOSE not to commit crimes and take the hard road rather than the easy road of criminality. Low skilled employees can always acquire new skills, all cities operate trade schools and Jr. Colleges that are free or very low cost. I bounced around taking low paying jobs both before and after my military service, even enlisting for a second time to recover from a particularly disastrous set of decisions that resulted in my dropping out of Jr. College. Getting out of poverty is always about decisions and willingness to sacrifice today for success tomorrow.

Forum List

Back