The EpiPen Alternative That Costs Just $10

No one said demand wasn't part of it. You have to have demand in order for someone with the financial ability to hire others. Are you saying poor people are hiring others?

Okay, I realize that you are kind of dumb... so I'll explain this to you realllly slowly.

Jobs are created by consumer demand. We make and sell products because people need them.

A rich guy could open a factory to make shit sandwiches, and he'd quickly lose his money because nobody wants a shit sandwich.

And while the rich have a little more money to buy things, most economic activity is consumer demand by working class folks.

There's a reason the cost of living is so high in places where unions are prevalent. If someone makes twice as much per hour but the cost of living is twice as high, does that really mean the person is doing something more? No, but you don't understand basic economics or math.

The reason why the cost of living is high in those places is THAT'S WHERE PEOPLE WANT TO LIVE. I mean, yeah, you can live cheaper in a trailer park in JesusLand... but who'd want to?

No one said demand wasn't part of it. You have to have demand in order for someone with the financial ability to hire others. Are you saying poor people are hiring others?

Okay, I realize that you are kind of dumb... so I'll explain this to you realllly slowly.

Jobs are created by consumer demand. We make and sell products because people need them.

A rich guy could open a factory to make shit sandwiches, and he'd quickly lose his money because nobody wants a shit sandwich.

And while the rich have a little more money to buy things, most economic activity is consumer demand by working class folks.

There's a reason the cost of living is so high in places where unions are prevalent. If someone makes twice as much per hour but the cost of living is twice as high, does that really mean the person is doing something more? No, but you don't understand basic economics or math.

The reason why the cost of living is high in those places is THAT'S WHERE PEOPLE WANT TO LIVE. I mean, yeah, you can live cheaper in a trailer park in JesusLand... but who'd want to?

Never said demand didn't help create jobs. What I said is that when jobs are created to meet that demand, the poor aren't creating them.

A rich guy isn't going to open a factory to create shit sandwiches unless there is demand. If that demand occurs, rest assured the rich guy will be the one opening the factory not the poor guy. However, in many cases, there are things where someone invented something that did create a demand because people liked what they saw. In those cases, it still wasn't the poor guy doing it.

Sorry you didn't grasp the economics lesson today, Joe.

Or you could live in the projects in Chicago but who'd want to do that?

According to you, the rich have a lot more money. Why did you change your story, BOY?

Never said demand didn't help create jobs. What I said is that when jobs are created to meet that demand, the poor aren't creating them.

There would be no jobs without the demand. It's why you want the people who do the work to be well compensated.

Uh, guy, there are no more "projects" in Chicago. We realized they were a bad idea and tore them all down.

A rich guy isn't going to open a factory to create shit sandwiches unless there is demand. If that demand occurs, rest assured the rich guy will be the one opening the factory not the poor guy. However, in many cases, there are things where someone invented something that did create a demand because people liked what they saw. In those cases, it still wasn't the poor guy doing it.

According to you, the rich have a lot more money. Why did you change your story, BOY?
Dear Repubtard. Syrian Arab Muslim's son Steve Jobs was a Poor Hippie Democrat! He slept on the floor in friends' Government Funded dorm rooms ate free charity meals & his daughter was on welfare! He created the biggest demand, jobs & largest company in world history.

Last edited:
The Epipen is more convenient to use. That doesn't mean there haven't been alternatives. People whined about the cost because they didn't WANT to use the alternatives.

Wow, you're such a tool of big government. There are only two companies that are allowed to sell the generic drug of adrenalin, so there's no meaningful competition. Stop being a damn fool and pretending there are "alternatives".

Insurance companies are so regulated that again there's no meaningful competition. A doctor writes a prescription for an Epipen, the patient gets an Epipen at about the same cost as any competing product, because the insurance company has to pay the difference, the you, the tragedy of the commons, thinks drugs are cheap and you are clueless as to why insurance costs so much, except they must be gouging.

So, you, a lame excuse for a conservative, thinks the solution to expensive medical care is government subsidized savings accounts, because that's what your neocon masters tell you is the solution instead of Obamacare's subsidized insurance.

The solution is Deregulation, Deregulation, Deregulation. Allow everyone to sell adrenaline, just like everyone can sell apple juice. Allow insurance companies to refuse to pay for more expensive drugs within a drug category. And, stop being a damn fool saying stupid cr1p like "People whined about the cost because they didn't WANT to use the alternatives." For a while, you couldn't get any adrenaline for under several hundred dollars a package. And, it's only the public outcry and threat of federal action that has caused these two companies to provide less insanely expensive options.

Exactly. The reason low-cost health care, and low-cost health insurance aren't available is because they're illegal. But of course the people who passed these laws in the first place aren't going to admit that.

Where did I say the solution for expensive medical care is government subsidized savings accounts? When you can show that, I'll address the rest of it. Until then, go fuck yourself.

Subsidized savings is a popular Republican plan. Health Savings Accounts. Of course, saving for a future illness is worthless for people already sick. Throwing money at a problem only makes it more expensive. Blah, blah, blah.

If there were any conservative voices in the GOP, you'd hear this chant: Deregulate. Deregulate. Deregulate.

There would be no jobs without the demand. It's why you want the people who do the work to be well compensated.

Uh, guy, there are no more "projects" in Chicago. We realized they were a bad idea and tore them all down.

There would be no products if poor people were expected to meet that demand.

Are you saying demand is defined as someone wanting another person to create something? Demand for a product comes after the product is made not because someone wants it made. You can't have demand for something, by definition unless it actually exists.

If someone that makes a product does so using $5/hour skills and they get $5/hour, that's well compensated. Seems you define well compensated as paying them more for doing something where the skills aren't worth that much.

Call them what you want. Like I said with food stamps vs. EBT, it's the same thing. Calling it something different doesn't change what it does. You can no longer call something the projects but if subsidized housing still exists for those that once lived in the projects, calling it something else doesn't change what it does. You're hung up on semantics while ignoring the purpose.

Where did I say the solution for expensive medical care is government subsidized savings accounts? When you can show that, I'll address the rest of it. Until then, go fuck yourself.

Subsidized savings is a popular Republican plan. Health Savings Accounts. Of course, saving for a future illness is worthless for people already sick. Throwing money at a problem only makes it more expensive. Blah, blah, blah.

If there were any conservative voices in the GOP, you'd hear this chant: Deregulate. Deregulate. Deregulate.

All you had to say was you couldn't provide the quote you claimed I made.

All you've done is shown that being a Republican isn't the same as being a Conservative. You have yet to show where I said what you claimed I said. Can you? If not, refer back to what you can do to yourself.

Dear Repubtard. Muslim's son Steve Jobs was a Poor Hippie Democrat! He slept on the floor in friends' Government Funded dorm rooms ate free charity meals & his daughter was on welfare! He created the biggest demand, jobs & largest company in world history.

Why do you use the exception as if it's the rule? How many cases like his exist where the daughter and perhaps a grandchild is still on welfare. That's the other 99 you don't address.

There's a reason why gouging people is illegal.

"Gouging" shouldn't be illegal. If I own something, I should have the right to charge whatever price I want. Also, there are benefits to gouging, such as preserving things in short supply from hoarders.

Why did Mylan hike EpiPen prices 400%, because your government banned competition. Only two companies are allowed to sell the generic drug in the US. There are other reasons and they all go back to the government.
Disagreed, but if we allow laissez faire capitalism, shouldn't we also allow tar and feathering? Assassination?

Personally, I'm a fan of the Bell model of "Assassination Politics": Assassination Politics - by Jim Bell

All you've done is shown that being a Republican isn't the same as being a Conservative. You have yet to show where I said what you claimed I said. Can you? If not, refer back to what you can do to yourself.

You said, "The Epipen is more convenient to use. That doesn't mean there haven't been alternatives. People whined about the cost because they didn't WANT to use the alternatives." That sounds like the party line, blame the people, not the government. You say people don't want to use alternatives. The people DON'T have alternatives.

When the feds only allow two companies make a drug (even a generic drug), that's not much of an alternative. When insurance companies can't insist on cheaper versions of a drug, there effectively is no alternative.

...If you think tar and feathering is OK for people charing more than what you think they should charge, perhaps the parents that won't do the very least for the kids they produce should have the same done to them. If you won't do for you own kids what is considered the basics, you're the worst type POS that exists.

The worst type POS is someone who allows children to suffer just to pad their wallet. Yes, people deserve the fruits of their labors, but that wasn't what they were doing.

Why Did Mylan Hike EpiPen Prices 400%? Because They Could

The bigger picture, of course, is the long term effects on the nation as a whole, both the common welfare and the national defense.

It's not gouging simply because someone doesn't like the price. The only ones allowing children to suffer where the parents.
Correct "It's not gouging simply because someone doesn't like the price", but when someone jacks up the price by 400% because they have no competition, it is gouging.

Again, let them do it and let "We, the People" have the option to tar and feather moneygrubbers. It's hypocritical of you to claim the government shouldn't protect children but should protect moneygrubbers. "Let them eat cake" attitudes lead to revolution.

"Don't Tread on Me"

You said, "The Epipen is more convenient to use. That doesn't mean there haven't been alternatives. People whined about the cost because they didn't WANT to use the alternatives." That sounds like the party line, blame the people, not the government. You say people don't want to use alternatives. The people DON'T have alternatives.

When the feds only allow two companies make a drug (even a generic drug), that's not much of an alternative. When insurance companies can't insist on cheaper versions of a drug, there effectively is no alternative.

I didn't say what you claimed I said. There are alternatives. Even you admit that when you say there are TWO companies. When the method of using it has more than one way, there are alternatives.

You sound like those idiots that say I don't have a choice but to go to work. That's a false statement. You may not like the results of not going but the alternative exists.

...If you think tar and feathering is OK for people charing more than what you think they should charge, perhaps the parents that won't do the very least for the kids they produce should have the same done to them. If you won't do for you own kids what is considered the basics, you're the worst type POS that exists.

The worst type POS is someone who allows children to suffer just to pad their wallet. Yes, people deserve the fruits of their labors, but that wasn't what they were doing.

The bigger picture, of course, is the long term effects on the nation as a whole, both the common welfare and the national defense.

It's not gouging simply because someone doesn't like the price. The only ones allowing children to suffer where the parents.
Correct "It's not gouging simply because someone doesn't like the price", but when someone jacks up the price by 400% because they have no competition, it is gouging.

Again, let them do it and let "We, the People" have the option to tar and feather moneygrubbers. It's hypocritical of you to claim the government shouldn't protect children but should protect moneygrubbers.

So there are no other ways of getting epinephrine besides the auto injector? They may not be as convenient or as easy but they exist.

It's hypocritical to claim the government, an entity that didn't produce the child should do more to protect the child than the two that did create it. To say the government has more responsibility than the parents is quite hypocritical.

Go ahead and try to tar/feather. Don't get mad if those you're trying to tar and feather fight back.

He's not the one that says he hates the Constitution because he doesn't like what it says. You are.
NO, I don't like it because it's a badly written 18th century relic....
Translation: Shred the Constitution.

Sorry, Joe, but that's not going to happen. Hate the Constitution you like, but the only you can destroy it is to destroy our government.

Are you saying demand is defined as someone wanting another person to create something? Demand for a product comes after the product is made not because someone wants it made. You can't have demand for something, by definition unless it actually exists.

That's kind of retarded. But to the point, rich people aren't inventing things. Most new products are designed by employees who sign intellectual property agreements, which means anything they come up with is owned by the company/rich people.

The thing about the Capitalist is that he's a parasite who has convinced you he's a vital organ.

Again, let them do it and let "We, the People" have the option to tar and feather moneygrubbers. It's hypocritical of you to claim the government shouldn't protect children but should protect moneygrubbers.

So there are no other ways of getting epinephrine besides the auto injector? They may not be as convenient or as easy but they exist.

It's hypocritical to claim the government, an entity that didn't produce the child should do more to protect the child than the two that did create it. To say the government has more responsibility than the parents is quite hypocritical.

Go ahead and try to tar/feather. Don't get mad if those you're trying to tar and feather fight back.
I don't know of any, but since you claim there are, I look forward to your links.

That's kind of retarded. But to the point, rich people aren't inventing things. Most new products are designed by employees who sign intellectual property agreements, which means anything they come up with is owned by the company/rich people.

The thing about the Capitalist is that he's a parasite who has convinced you he's a vital organ.

Those designers have the opportunity to do the designs on their own without signing a damn thing. If they sign such an agreement, it's by choice. No one if forcing them to do so.

I provided an explanation of how demand works and you ignored it. That makes you retarded.

By the way, the designer gets paid well for the design.

Your problem is you don't like capitalism. It's either because you've been a failure in such a system or you know you, no matter hard you try, will fail.

I don't know of any, but since you claim there are, I look forward to your links.
epi pen alternative.jpg

Notice the auto injector in the upper right corner and the traditional method of taking an injection in the middle. Like I said, it may not be as convenient but it does exist.

I'm going to need you to get back to me on the question of why the government should be more responsible for a child than those that took the action to produce it.

Forum List

Back