The EpiPen Alternative That Costs Just $10

Get the best deals on auto-injectors to stop severe allergic reactions

By Ginger Skinner

Last updated: February 03, 2017

Good news: Now you can get an EpiPen alternative known as generic Adrenaclick for as little as $10 for a two-pack at CVS—and you don't need insurance to get it.

What's more, there are other alternatives such as generic EpiPen and Auvi-Q—a third competitor soon back on the market— that you can get for free, depending on your insurance and manufacturer coupons.

EpiPen's manufacturer, Mylan Pharmaceuticals, has steadily increased the price of a two-pack over several years to $600 or more—even for people with insurance. The sharply higher price shocked parents last summer when they went to buy EpiPen devices for their children for the new school year.

Just for your information. Most likely you or someone you know has a severe allergy to something.

Can you use EBT to get them. Freeloaders everywhere want to know.

I really don't know, try it. Or you might want to pay 600 for the EpiPens, but if you do that would be foolish.

I don't use epinephrine or food stamps. Don't need the former and am willing to support myself so not to rely on the latter to do for me what I do for myself.

I'm sure the MediCAID freeloaders are curious.

The only freeloaders are your congressional buddies who keep extending patents for their donors so they can price gouge US citizens.

I don't have any buddies in Congress.

Supply and demand. What's the problem?

You are the problem. People you support who keep extending patents for their donors so they can price gouge US citizens. You are angry about this $10 competitor taking money from Mylan who paid for your congressman. You are anti free market. You support inflation & screwing workers. Plus you are a NH who denies them work so we must work like slaves to support them.

I really don't know, try it. Or you might want to pay 600 for the EpiPens, but if you do that would be foolish.

I don't use epinephrine or food stamps. Don't need the former and am willing to support myself so not to rely on the latter to do for me what I do for myself.

The only freeloaders are your congressional buddies who keep extending patents for their donors so they can price gouge US citizens.

You are the problem. People you support who keep extending patents for their donors so they can price gouge US citizens. You are angry about this $10 competitor taking money from Mylan who paid for your congressman. You are anti free market. You support inflation & screwing workers. Plus you are a NH who denies them work so we must work like slaves to support them.

I don't have a problem with the $10 competitor. I support competition which means I am pro free market.

Since you claim Mylan paid for my Congressman, please tell me who that is.

You do know people don't have to buy epipens don't you?

There are many other ways the extremely small percentage of people who have allergies severe enough to warrant carrying epinephrine to protect themselves

You do know people don't have to buy epipens don't you?

There are many other ways the extremely small percentage of people who have allergies severe enough to warrant carrying epinephrine to protect themselves

KissMy just wants to whine about the free market.

He's not the one that says he hates the Constitution because he doesn't like what it says. You are.

NO, I don't like it because it's a badly written 18th century relic.

Which has nothing to do with why Libertarians are child-like retards.

Only to someone like you that doesn't have the skills but to make $5/hour.

Wouldn't know, haven't made that little since the 1980's.

When $5.00 was still worth something.

I'm sure now that you got your promotion to Possum Catcher, it's all good.

He's not the one that says he hates the Constitution because he doesn't like what it says. You are.

NO, I don't like it because it's a badly written 18th century relic.

Which has nothing to do with why Libertarians are child-like retards.

Only to someone like you that doesn't have the skills but to make $5/hour.

Wouldn't know, haven't made that little since the 1980's.

When $5.00 was still worth something.

I'm sure now that you got your promotion to Possum Catcher, it's all good.

Your disagreement with it doesn't equate to poorly written. Sorry.

I'm sure that since you've moved up to NL, all is good with you. That's if you can call it a move up.

Of course it's poorly written.

Electoral college instead of direct election. No other office for this country does that, and no other country thought that was a good idea.

A militia amendment that is so badly written both sides on the gun control debate cite it as support of their position.

Allowing slavery as an institution.

Most countries are't still using the constitution they came up with 240 years ago... they've moved on. So should we.

Of course it's poorly written.

Electoral college instead of direct election. No other office for this country does that, and no other country thought that was a good idea.

A militia amendment that is so badly written both sides on the gun control debate cite it as support of their position.

Allowing slavery as an institution.

Most countries are't still using the constitution they came up with 240 years ago... they've moved on. So should we.

Like I said, son, you disliking it doesn't equate to poorly written. You sound like kid saying I don't like it so it's wrong.

Perhaps you should move on if you don't like it here.

By Ginger Skinner

Good news: Now you can get an EpiPen alternative known as generic Adrenaclick for as little as $10 for a two-pack at CVS—and you don't need insurance to get it.

What's more, there are other alternatives such as generic EpiPen and Auvi-Q—a third competitor soon back on the market— that you can get for free, depending on your insurance and manufacturer coupons.

EpiPen's manufacturer, Mylan Pharmaceuticals, has steadily increased the price of a two-pack over several years to $600 or more—even for people with insurance. The sharply higher price shocked parents last summer when they went to buy EpiPen devices for their children for the new school year.

Just for your information. Most likely you or someone you know has a severe allergy to something.

Nonetheless, a child in need shouldn't have to pay for the faults of their parents.

By Ginger Skinner

Nonetheless, a child in need shouldn't have to pay for the faults of their parents.

Unless I got the pussy that child came out of, it's not my responsibility because his/her parents are faulty. It doesn't default to those that didn't produce the child because those that did refuse to do their job.

By Ginger Skinner

Unless I got the pussy that child came out of, it's not my responsibility because his/her parents are faulty. It doesn't default to those that didn't produce the child because those that did refuse to do their job.
Where does the line of "not my responsibility" and "the common welfare" cross? How about "common defence"?

Where does the line of "not my responsibility" and "the common welfare" cross? How about "common defence"?

Common defense is explained in several clauses of Article I, Section 8. It crosses when those creating a child do so. It becomes their responsibility. I don't expect anyone to care for my children or when they actually were under my care when younger. I did so for many reasons but primarily because I was part of producing them. By expecting those that have the child to care for it because they had it, I'm not asking them to do anything that I haven't already done. Isn't caring for your own children one of the basic responsibilities in life? If they can't do that, I suppose we can't expect much of anything from those people.

The sad part is many people that have multiple children do so despite being unable to support the ones they already have. I've yet to have anyone explain to me how they thing having more is going to help things. I guess if certain ideologies continue to hand those parents things when taking such an action they have no reason to stop.

Common defense is explained in several clauses of Article I, Section 8. It crosses when those creating a child do so. It becomes their responsibility. I don't expect anyone to care for my children or when they actually were under my care when younger. I did so for many reasons but primarily because I was part of producing them. By expecting those that have the child to care for it because they had it, I'm not asking them to do anything that I haven't already done. Isn't caring for your own children one of the basic responsibilities in life? If they can't do that, I suppose we can't expect much of anything from those people.

The sad part is many people that have multiple children do so despite being unable to support the ones they already have. I've yet to have anyone explain to me how they thing having more is going to help things. I guess if certain ideologies continue to hand those parents things when taking such an action they have no reason to stop.
Yes, children should be the responsibility of the parents. If it was up to me, I'd require people to have a license to have kids or suffer a penalty....but that's not going to happen.

If the children were being attacked by rogues or terrorists, I doubt many would be as crass as to say "It's the parents responsibility". It become fuzzier when children are attacked by corporate raiders willing to let American children suffer or die for the sake of a fucking dollar.

OTOH, if "We, the People" were allowed to tar and feather or assassinate such assholes, I'd readily agree "let the parents (and their friends) handle it".

Exactly.

Yes, children should be the responsibility of the parents. If it was up to me, I'd require people to have a license to have kids or suffer a penalty....but that's not going to happen.

If the children were being attacked by rogues or terrorists, I doubt many would be as crass as to say "It's the parents responsibility". It become fuzzier when children are attacked by corporate raiders willing to let American children suffer or die for the sake of a fucking dollar.

OTOH, if "We, the People" were allowed to tar and feather or assassinate such assholes, I'd readily agree "let the parents (and their friends) handle it".

All you needed to say was the first sentence and been done. It's all that needed to be said. Anything after that is saying something is a problem but I don't want to do what's necessary to fix it.

There's quite a difference between someone raising their hand to a child in the manner in which you speak and it being the responsibility of the parents to provide for their kids what they should be providing. I'm for common defense and personal responsibility depending on the situation.

If you think tar and feathering is OK for people charing more than what you think they should charge, perhaps the parents that won't do the very least for the kids they produce should have the same done to them. If you won't do for you own kids what is considered the basics, you're the worst type POS that exists.

...If you think tar and feathering is OK for people charing more than what you think they should charge, perhaps the parents that won't do the very least for the kids they produce should have the same done to them. If you won't do for you own kids what is considered the basics, you're the worst type POS that exists.
There's a reason why gouging people is illegal.

The worst type POS is someone who allows children to suffer just to pad their wallet. Yes, people deserve the fruits of their labors, but that wasn't what they were doing.

Why Did Mylan Hike EpiPen Prices 400%? Because They Could

The bigger picture, of course, is the long term effects on the nation as a whole, both the common welfare and the national defense.

There's a reason why gouging people is illegal.

"Gouging" shouldn't be illegal. If I own something, I should have the right to charge whatever price I want. Also, there are benefits to gouging, such as preserving things in short supply from hoarders.

Why did Mylan hike EpiPen prices 400%, because your government banned competition. Only two companies are allowed to sell the generic drug in the US. There are other reasons and they all go back to the government.

By Ginger Skinner

Good for you. You don't need epinephine. :clap2:

But are you willing to pay 60 times more than the cost of a generic for a brand name product?

If someone who makes $5 per hour has a child who has anaphylactic reactions to bees, without insurance, they will need to work for 3 weeks to pay for the Epipen. And during that 3 weeks, they will not be able to afford food or pay for rent.

Are you in favor of just letting the child either die or starve to death? And do you consider the parent to be irresponsible because they only are paid $5 per hour?

Forum List

Back