The end of the enclosed shopping mall...captialism at it's best......

Well, they are usually a waste of concrete, but it caters to people that still prefer walking the aisles and taking a good look at what they want to buy.

You can buy the same stuff for cheaper on eBay, or just buy the same stuff from their online stores without leaving the house.

The income tax, property tax and other government excesses make all US businesses too expensive for a healthy economy. If our government is not cut back to Constitutional size, this country will go the way of Rome or now Greece.

The income tax, property tax and other government excesses make all US businesses too expensive for a healthy economy. If our government is not cut back to Constitutional size, this country will go the way of Rome or now Greece.
That's what this regime wants.

This thread reminds me of the cry 40-50 years ago how the end was near for downtown shopping centers because of the suburban shopping malls.

Back then we told those who were sad and mad to face it, the era of downtown being the main shopping areas, was over.

Today those same large regional indoor malls are having to face facts, the era of the large indoor mall is over.

Today if it's not purchased online, it's smaller strip malls that have better visibility, are easier to park closer to, and that most cities have several of and therefore likely to be closer to most shoppers.

Unless you enjoy walking around stores,I cant imagine why you wouldnt shop online.
Where else can you look at every model and every brand with in depth reviews of all of it?
And have it on it's way without leaving your seat.

I enjoyed bookstores because it was quiet, and very relaxing....not something you can always find at home.....a library, but with more and a better book selection......capitalism vs. the state again....bookstore vs. library......

This thread reminds me of the cry 40-50 years ago how the end was near for downtown shopping centers because of the suburban shopping malls.

Back then we told those who were sad and mad to face it, the era of downtown being the main shopping areas, was over.

Today those same large regional indoor malls are having to face facts, the era of the large indoor mall is over.

Today if it's not purchased online, it's smaller strip malls that have better visibility, are easier to park closer to, and that most cities have several of and therefore likely to be closer to most shoppers.

Unless you enjoy walking around stores,I cant imagine why you wouldnt shop online.
Where else can you look at every model and every brand with in depth reviews of all of it?
And have it on it's way without leaving your seat.

I enjoyed bookstores because it was quiet, and very relaxing....not something you can always find at home.....a library, but with more and a better book selection......capitalism vs. the state again....bookstore vs. library......

I've spent untold hours in used book stores where i'd trade in books as I read them,and at the time it was the best way to go.
The kindle is right up there with internet shopping if not higher.
Nothing better than finishing a book and being able to get book two without getting off your ass.
You cant even do that when you have to take a piss or get a beer!!
Thats progress in my mind!!

It is already cheaper to buy online, and run an online business - as you can cut out a lot of government interference and taxation. The movement of money outside of the US is no accident either, as those that can afford to move it don't keep their money here.

Forum List

Back