What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The end of Ralph Reed's political career

acludem

VIP Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2003
Messages
1,502
Reaction score
49
Points
71
Location
Missouri

dilloduck

Diamond Member
Joined
May 8, 2004
Messages
53,240
Reaction score
5,796
Points
1,850
Location
Austin, TX

Avatar4321

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2004
Messages
82,283
Reaction score
10,133
Points
2,070
Location
Minnesota
No clue who he is or why I should care. They can vote any politician they want in. He will represent them not me.
 

dilloduck

Diamond Member
Joined
May 8, 2004
Messages
53,240
Reaction score
5,796
Points
1,850
Location
Austin, TX
Avatar4321 said:
No clue who he is or why I should care. They can vote any politician they want in. He will represent them not me.

ACLU just likes to see Christians lose anything.
 

Avatar4321

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2004
Messages
82,283
Reaction score
10,133
Points
2,070
Location
Minnesota
dilloduck said:
ACLU just likes to see Christians lose anything.

Well no wonder he wants to see America move so much. There are about 90% of us who are Christian.
 

jillian

Princess
Joined
Apr 4, 2006
Messages
85,586
Reaction score
17,907
Points
2,220
Location
The Other Side of Paradise
dilloduck said:
ACLU just likes to see Christians lose anything.

It's not Christians who are the problem, Dillo. Most of this country is Christian. The problem is with zealots who think their religious beliefs should be enacted into law.

And good riddence to bad rubbish as far as Reed is concerned. :clap:
 
OP
A

acludem

VIP Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2003
Messages
1,502
Reaction score
49
Points
71
Location
Missouri
Ralph Reed is the former head of the Christian Coalition which serves as a de facto Republican campaign committee.

Now he's a down-and-out loser.

I have no issue with Ralph Reed's religious beliefs, I'd just like him to stop trying to use the power of government to force them on everyone. Everyone ought to be able to quietly practice whatever religion that want or not to practice any religion at all without the constant grandstanding by mostly Christian zealots.

acludem
 

Abbey Normal

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2005
Messages
4,825
Reaction score
393
Points
48
Location
Mid-Atlantic region
acludem said:
Ralph Reed is the former head of the Christian Coalition which serves as a de facto Republican campaign committee.

Now he's a down-and-out loser.

I have no issue with Ralph Reed's religious beliefs, I'd just like him to stop trying to use the power of government to force them on everyone. Everyone ought to be able to quietly practice whatever religion that want or not to practice any religion at all without the constant grandstanding by mostly Christian zealots.

acludem

How is Reed forcing you to practice a particular religion? Or any religion?
I must have missed his 'handcuff 'em and drag 'em to church' proposal. Or is it his 'pry open their eyelids and force them to read the Bible' proposal?
Or perhaps you equate his passion for saving life to actually practicing a religion? If that is the case, then I guess feeding the hungry and performing heart surgery is also practicing a religion. We'd better cut that out right now.
 

mattskramer

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2004
Messages
5,852
Reaction score
362
Points
48
Location
Texas
Abbey Normal said:
How is Reed forcing you to practice a particular religion? Or any religion?
I must have missed his 'handcuff 'em and drag 'em to church' proposal. Or is it his 'pry open their eyelids and force them to read the Bible' proposal?
Or perhaps you equate his passion for saving life to actually practicing a religion? If that is the case, then I guess feeding the hungry and performing heart surgery is also practicing a religion. We'd better cut that out right now.

I certainly donÂ’t like Ralph ReedÂ’s socio-political philosophy. Read some of his quotes.

"It's like guerrilla warfare. If you reveal your location, all it does is allow your opponent to improve his artillery bearings. It's better to move quietly, with stealth, under cover of night. You've got two choices: You can wear cammies and shimmy along on your belly, or you can put on a red coat and stand up for everyone to see. It comes down to whether you want to be the British army in the Revolutionary War or the Viet Cong. History tells us which tactic was more effective."

“I want to be invisible. I do guerrilla warfare. I paint my face and travel at night. You don't know it's over until you're in a body bag."

"I honesty believe that in my lifetime we will see a country once again governed by Christians . . . and Christian values.”

“What Christians have got to do is take back this country, one precinct at a time, one neighborhood at a time, and one state at a time."

“Every moment you disguise your position and your truth from the enemy."

It looks like he wants America to be governed only by sneaky Christians.
 

mattskramer

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2004
Messages
5,852
Reaction score
362
Points
48
Location
Texas
Abbey Normal said:
Or perhaps you equate his passion for saving life to actually practicing a religion? If that is the case, then I guess feeding the hungry and performing heart surgery is also practicing a religion. We'd better cut that out right now.

Uh. Those activities are not done exclusively by Christians. Even for the alleged “Christians” who participate, the motivating factor is not always love. There are many Christians in America. Many people give to Charity and do good deeds.

No. You are not necessarily practicing a religion when you feed the hungry or when you perform heart surgery.
 

dilloduck

Diamond Member
Joined
May 8, 2004
Messages
53,240
Reaction score
5,796
Points
1,850
Location
Austin, TX
mattskramer said:
Uh. Those activities are not done exclusively by Christians. Even for the alleged “Christians” who participate, the motivating factor is not always love. There are many Christians in America. Many people give to Charity and do good deeds.

No. You are not necessarily practicing a religion when you feed the hungry or when you perform heart surgery.

You may be without even knowing.
 

Avatar4321

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2004
Messages
82,283
Reaction score
10,133
Points
2,070
Location
Minnesota
I saw his statements on the news earlier. I dont understand where anyone is coming to the conclusion that his political career is over. Lots of people lose elections and then run again and win. His statements lead me to believed it was going to be very involved in politics he just doesnt have any plans of running anytime soon.

Im willing to bet he will run again.
 

dilloduck

Diamond Member
Joined
May 8, 2004
Messages
53,240
Reaction score
5,796
Points
1,850
Location
Austin, TX
Avatar4321 said:
I saw his statements on the news earlier. I dont understand where anyone is coming to the conclusion that his political career is over. Lots of people lose elections and then run again and win. His statements lead me to believed it was going to be very involved in politics he just doesnt have any plans of running anytime soon.

Im willing to bet he will run again.

Dont waste you breath on religious bigots and hypocrits.
 
OP
A

acludem

VIP Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2003
Messages
1,502
Reaction score
49
Points
71
Location
Missouri
Avatar4321 said:
I saw his statements on the news earlier. I dont understand where anyone is coming to the conclusion that his political career is over. Lots of people lose elections and then run again and win. His statements lead me to believed it was going to be very involved in politics he just doesnt have any plans of running anytime soon.

Im willing to bet he will run again.

When you are big name like Ralph Reed and you can't, with the full support of your party and many prominents leaders, even beat an unknown in the primary you might as well hang it up. He might be able to go back to his old religion-bating days and rejoin the Christian Coalition, an organization whose goal is the wholesale elimination of religious freedom in this country and the establishment of a Christian theocracy in place of our current government.

acludem
 

dilloduck

Diamond Member
Joined
May 8, 2004
Messages
53,240
Reaction score
5,796
Points
1,850
Location
Austin, TX
acludem said:
When you are big name like Ralph Reed and you can't, with the full support of your party and many prominents leaders, even beat an unknown in the primary you might as well hang it up. He might be able to go back to his old religion-bating days and rejoin the Christian Coalition, an organization whose goal is the wholesale elimination of religious freedom in this country and the establishment of a Christian theocracy in place of our current government.

acludem

I tought you already considered our government a theocracy, oh fighter for "everyones'" rights.:poke:
 

Bonnie

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2004
Messages
9,476
Reaction score
670
Points
48
Location
Wherever
Abbey Normal said:
How is Reed forcing you to practice a particular religion? Or any religion?
I must have missed his 'handcuff 'em and drag 'em to church' proposal. Or is it his 'pry open their eyelids and force them to read the Bible' proposal?
Or perhaps you equate his passion for saving life to actually practicing a religion? If that is the case, then I guess feeding the hungry and performing heart surgery is also practicing a religion. We'd better cut that out right now.

Thank you Abbey:beer:
 

Avatar4321

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2004
Messages
82,283
Reaction score
10,133
Points
2,070
Location
Minnesota
acludem said:
When you are big name like Ralph Reed and you can't, with the full support of your party and many prominents leaders, even beat an unknown in the primary you might as well hang it up. He might be able to go back to his old religion-bating days and rejoin the Christian Coalition, an organization whose goal is the wholesale elimination of religious freedom in this country and the establishment of a Christian theocracy in place of our current government.

acludem

Big name? Dude, no body new who he was till you mentioned him.
 

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$200.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List

Top