The end of Ralph Reed's political career

No clue who he is or why I should care. They can vote any politician they want in. He will represent them not me.

No clue who he is or why I should care. They can vote any politician they want in. He will represent them not me.

ACLU just likes to see Christians lose anything.

dilloduck said:

Well no wonder he wants to see America move so much. There are about 90% of us who are Christian.

dilloduck said:

It's not Christians who are the problem, Dillo. Most of this country is Christian. The problem is with zealots who think their religious beliefs should be enacted into law.

And good riddence to bad rubbish as far as Reed is concerned. :clap:

Ralph Reed is the former head of the Christian Coalition which serves as a de facto Republican campaign committee.

Now he's a down-and-out loser.

I have no issue with Ralph Reed's religious beliefs, I'd just like him to stop trying to use the power of government to force them on everyone. Everyone ought to be able to quietly practice whatever religion that want or not to practice any religion at all without the constant grandstanding by mostly Christian zealots.

acludem

acludem said:
Ralph Reed is the former head of the Christian Coalition which serves as a de facto Republican campaign committee.

Now he's a down-and-out loser.

I have no issue with Ralph Reed's religious beliefs, I'd just like him to stop trying to use the power of government to force them on everyone. Everyone ought to be able to quietly practice whatever religion that want or not to practice any religion at all without the constant grandstanding by mostly Christian zealots.

acludem

How is Reed forcing you to practice a particular religion? Or any religion?
I must have missed his 'handcuff 'em and drag 'em to church' proposal. Or is it his 'pry open their eyelids and force them to read the Bible' proposal?
Or perhaps you equate his passion for saving life to actually practicing a religion? If that is the case, then I guess feeding the hungry and performing heart surgery is also practicing a religion. We'd better cut that out right now.

Abbey Normal said:
I must have missed his 'handcuff 'em and drag 'em to church' proposal. Or is it his 'pry open their eyelids and force them to read the Bible' proposal?
Or perhaps you equate his passion for saving life to actually practicing a religion? If that is the case, then I guess feeding the hungry and performing heart surgery is also practicing a religion. We'd better cut that out right now.

I certainly don’t like Ralph Reed’s socio-political philosophy. Read some of his quotes.

"It's like guerrilla warfare. If you reveal your location, all it does is allow your opponent to improve his artillery bearings. It's better to move quietly, with stealth, under cover of night. You've got two choices: You can wear cammies and shimmy along on your belly, or you can put on a red coat and stand up for everyone to see. It comes down to whether you want to be the British army in the Revolutionary War or the Viet Cong. History tells us which tactic was more effective."

“I want to be invisible. I do guerrilla warfare. I paint my face and travel at night. You don't know it's over until you're in a body bag."

"I honesty believe that in my lifetime we will see a country once again governed by Christians . . . and Christian values.”

“What Christians have got to do is take back this country, one precinct at a time, one neighborhood at a time, and one state at a time."

“Every moment you disguise your position and your truth from the enemy."

It looks like he wants America to be governed only by sneaky Christians.

Abbey Normal said:

Uh. Those activities are not done exclusively by Christians. Even for the alleged “Christians” who participate, the motivating factor is not always love. There are many Christians in America. Many people give to Charity and do good deeds.

No. You are not necessarily practicing a religion when you feed the hungry or when you perform heart surgery.

mattskramer said:
Uh. Those activities are not done exclusively by Christians. Even for the alleged “Christians” who participate, the motivating factor is not always love. There are many Christians in America. Many people give to Charity and do good deeds.

No. You are not necessarily practicing a religion when you feed the hungry or when you perform heart surgery.

You may be without even knowing.

I saw his statements on the news earlier. I dont understand where anyone is coming to the conclusion that his political career is over. Lots of people lose elections and then run again and win. His statements lead me to believed it was going to be very involved in politics he just doesnt have any plans of running anytime soon.

Im willing to bet he will run again.

I saw his statements on the news earlier. I dont understand where anyone is coming to the conclusion that his political career is over. Lots of people lose elections and then run again and win. His statements lead me to believed it was going to be very involved in politics he just doesnt have any plans of running anytime soon.

Dont waste you breath on religious bigots and hypocrits.

When you are big name like Ralph Reed and you can't, with the full support of your party and many prominents leaders, even beat an unknown in the primary you might as well hang it up. He might be able to go back to his old religion-bating days and rejoin the Christian Coalition, an organization whose goal is the wholesale elimination of religious freedom in this country and the establishment of a Christian theocracy in place of our current government.

acludem

acludem said:
When you are big name like Ralph Reed and you can't, with the full support of your party and many prominents leaders, even beat an unknown in the primary you might as well hang it up. He might be able to go back to his old religion-bating days and rejoin the Christian Coalition, an organization whose goal is the wholesale elimination of religious freedom in this country and the establishment of a Christian theocracy in place of our current government.

acludem

I tought you already considered our government a theocracy, oh fighter for "everyones'" rights.:poke:

Abbey Normal said:

Thank you Abbey:beer:

acludem said:

acludem

Big name? Dude, no body new who he was till you mentioned him.

Forum List

Back