The Electoral College is a racist construct

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Is it ?

I was talking to somebody a few days back and they were assuring me that it is designed to lessen the effect of black votes from urban areas in favour of white voters from more rural areas.

There must be some reason behind a system that doesnt let the winner of an election actually um win.

Not racist.png

Shocked.gif

Is it ?

I was talking to somebody a few days back and they were assuring me that it is designed to lessen the effect of black votes from urban areas in favour of white voters from more rural areas.

There must be some reason behind a system that doesnt let the winner of an election actually um win.
Obviously the person you were talking to is an astute student of history......... NOT!!!!!! :lmao:

Electoral College - Facts & Summary - HISTORY.com

Is it ?

Nigga please!

Is it ?

Obviously the person you were talking to is an astute student of history......... NOT!!!!!! :lmao:

Thanks for that. Where is the problem then ? Why doesnt the outcome reflect what the people actually want ?

Is it ?

Thanks for that. Where is the problem then ? Why doesnt the outcome reflect what the people actually want ?

Why doesnt the outcome reflect what the people actually want ?

It does. Trump won 30 states, Clinton only 20, and almost 32% more electoral votes than Clinton.

Is it ?

Think for just a moment and you'll realise why your fictitious 'somebody' (i.e. you) has that quite wrong.
Do you also have 'a friend' with an embarrassing problem you'd like to tell us about? :gay:

Is it ?

It doesn't reflect what the left T.A.R.D.s want because they lost :itsok:

Is it ?

It does. Trump won 30 states, Clinton only 20, and almost 32% more electoral votes than Clinton.
Its bollox though. I understand that Mrs Clinton won 1m more votes than Trump. It sounds like a fix to me.

Is it ?

Majority rule (pure democracy) disenfranchises multiple peoples, the most populous states would always control the election results and could (probably would) control all aspects of the federal government dictating to the less populous states. Not really all that fair, the Electoral College balances it out some, not perfect but better than the alternative.

Is it ?

Majority rule (pure democracy) disenfranchises multiple peoples, the most populous states would always control the election results and could (probably would) control all aspects of the federal government dictating to the less populous states. Not really all that fair, the Electoral College balances it out some, not perfect but better than the alternative.
Annoying when that democracy thing doesnt work out for you. As it stands the majority have been disenfranchised by the minority. Its a bizarre way of doing things.

Hold the fuckin' phone...just so I understand the basis of your argument, your contention is that in 1788, the Fathers of the Constitution anticipated Abolitionism, the Civil War, the Emancipation Proclamation, the Civil Rights Movement, the Civil Rights Act and the migration of minorities to urban centers...and they used that foreknowledge to set up a racist electoral system.

Either those guys were way, way smarter than any human that has lived before or since...or you're way dumber.

My monies on the latter.

Is it ?

Its bollox though. I understand that Mrs Clinton won 1m more votes than Trump. It sounds like a fix to me.

I understand that Mrs Clinton won 1m more votes than Trump.

Well, if you backed out all her fraudulent votes and counted all the absentee ballots,
he'd probably have a comfortable lead there as well.

Hold the fuckin' phone...just so I understand the basis of your argument, your contention is that in 1788, the Fathers of the Constitution anticipated Abolitionism, the Civil War, the Emancipation Proclamation, the Civil Rights Movement, the Civil Rights Act and the migration of minorities to urban centers...and they used that foreknowledge to set up a racist electoral system.

Either those guys were way, way smarter than any human that has lived before or since...or you're way dumber.

My monies on the latter.

Tommy t'aint that bright.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Why cant you deal with the issue rather than wank off over the latest conspiracy theory.
I do get it that you have won under the current system but you have to acknowledge that it is not right.

Is it ?

Annoying when that democracy thing doesnt work out for you. As it stands the majority have been disenfranchised by the minority. Its a bizarre way of doing things.
It's another form of Democracy and contrary to popular belief we're not a democracy per se, we are a constitutional democratic republic exercised directly and indirectly through elected representatives making us a combination of a democracy and a republic. Our founding fathers were aware of both monarchies and pure democratic forms of government (ancient Greece), the evils inherent in both and this is what they came up with. So far it's worked quite well even with it's warts and occasional failings. No system of government survives the theoretic perfection when the practical is applied, people are involved........

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Why cant you deal with the issue rather than wank off over the latest conspiracy theory.
I do get it that you have won under the current system but you have to acknowledge that it is not right.

The present system is just fine.
It also has the advantage of limiting Dem vote fraud to single states.
Imagine how many more fraudulent votes they would manufacture in California and Illinois if we went to
a straight, popular vote model. No thanks!

Is it ?

It's another form of Democracy and contrary to popular belief we're not a democracy per se, we are a constitutional democratic republic exercised directly and indirectly through elected representatives making us a combination of a democracy and a republic. Our founding fathers were aware of both monarchies and pure democratic forms of government (ancient Greece), the evils inherent in both and this is what they came up with. So far it's worked quite well even with it's warts and occasional failings. No system of government survives the theoretic perfection when the practical is applied, people are involved........
I appreciate the point you are making but the end of it is that the person who had most votes lost.
Some Americans are seemingly more equal than others under this system.

I appreciate the point you are making but the end of it is that the person who had most votes lost.
Well your opinion is yours, how you view it is how you view it no matter how wrong your view is. I'm not saying this because I voted for Trump, I didn't, I'm saying this because it's actually a more fair system over all and if Hillary had won instead my view of the system wouldn't change. Heck, I'd be willing to bet if Hillary had received the majority of Electoral College votes and Trump the majority of the popular vote you would be defending it against those railing against it.

Last edited:

but the end of it is that the person who had most votes lost.

but the end of it is that the person who had most electoral votes won.

Forum List

Back