The Eclipse Was a Total Bust

Lord Long Rod

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2023
I live in the 80% zone. Other than it being slightly shadier than normal under the trees, it was virtually unnoticeable. One would be hard-pressed to even notice anything was off but for the press hyping it.

Granted, total totality would have been more impressive. I have been in a total eclipse before and it was a novel experience. But at 80%, I was expecting an 80% reduction in light from the sun. But it was not even close! There is no connection between percentage of eclipse and reduction of sunlight. It’s like 80% means a reduction of only like 10% of sunlight.

Maybe God is a Democrat? Dems promise the whole enchilada, but only deliver half the enchilada. Then, after all the grift and set offs, you end up getting the half enchilada after it has been metabolized; I.e., a big turd! They promise you the whole enchilada then throw shit at you.

The eclipse that I saw was lame.

eclipsedtgsstssrsrstsets.jpg

I live in the 80% zone. Other than it being slightly shadier than normal under the trees, it was virtually unnoticeable. One would be hard-pressed to even notice anything was off but for the press hyping it.

Granted, total totality would have been more impressive. I have been in a total eclipse before and it was a novel experience. But at 80%, I was expecting an 80% reduction in light from the sun. But it was not even close! There is no connection between percentage of eclipse and reduction of sunlight. It’s like 80% means a reduction of only like 10% of sunlight.

Maybe God is a Democrat? Dems promise the whole enchilada, but only deliver half the enchilada. Then, after all the grift and set offs, you end up getting the half enchilada after it has been metabolized; I.e., a big turd! They promise you the whole enchilada then throw shit at you.
1712607815188.png

You have to be near the middle of the zone of totality to get the full effect. I was in one back in the 1960s in South Carolina. We were at my Uncle's lake house when the Moon began to slowly eat the Sun. Birds started singing, crickets started chirping, frogs started croaking and the stars came out. It lasted only a few minutes but it was something to behold.

Last edited:

soros must have forgotten to activate the vax.

I was a few hundred miles north of the totality zone of the last one. My niece, about a hundred miles closer than me, saw these crescent shaped shadows.

1712609058335.png

Life sucks then you live.

Are you sure? It does get colder. So, there is less light. Anyways, we got about 43% where I am and it was cool to see anyways. My son took a trip to Austin, Texas and got to see the full eclipse which is quite spectacular. I saw on TV the Cleveland full eclipse and you could see a solar flare at about 4 o'clock. It was really cool.

My experience as well, and I was in an 88% zone. I did notice it was getting darker from inside the house, sort of like when a storm is brewing, so I went outside to get more of the “eery” feeling. It was actually less noticeable out there.

It was more interesting to watch the TV coverage of the cities with totality. Like you, I was expecting to get 88% of the experience - so it wouldn’t be complete, but not worth it to drive for two days for the extra 12%, or so I thought.

Oh, well….there’s always next time!

My experience as well, and I was in an 88% zone. I did notice it was getting darker from inside the house, sort of like when a storm is brewing, so I went outside to get more of the “eery” feeling. It was actually less noticeable out there.

It was more interesting to watch the TV coverage of the cities with totality. Like you, I was expecting to get 88% of the experience - so it wouldn’t be complete, but not worth it to drive for two days for the extra 12%, or so I thought.

Oh, well….there’s always next time!
in twenty years.

You're so vain, you probably think this song is about you
You're so vain, I'll bet you think this song is about you
Don't you? Don't you?

Well I hear you went up to Saratoga and your horse naturally won
Then you flew your Learjet up to Nova Scotia
To see the total eclipse of the sun
Well, you're where you should be all of the time
And when you're not you're with
Some underworld spy or the wife of a close friend
Wife of a close friend, and....

You're so vain, you probably think this song is about you
You're so vain, I'll bet you think this song is about you
Don't you? Don't you?

I don't know what people were expecting, it's just a eclipse and it doesn't last very long. I'm 48, I've seen a few in my time. Even back to the days when if you smoked a piece of glass it was considered safe to look at it.

But this is the day and age we live in. Thanks to the internet and everyone desperate for attention on it everything gets hyped up way beyond even a reasonable expectation.

Before the internet no one was disappointed in a eclipse. It was just a novelty people checked out and went on about their day.

I don't know what people were expecting, it's just a eclipse and it doesn't last very long. I'm 48, I've seen a few in my time. Even back to the days when if you smoked a piece of glass it was considered safe to look at it.

But this is the day and age we live in. Thanks to the internet and everyone desperate for attention on it everything gets hyped up way beyond even a reasonable expectation.

Before the internet no one was disappointed in a eclipse. It was just a novelty people checked out and went on about their day.
I am 53 yrs old and have seen a couple of them as well. Nonetheless, the 2024 eclipse - in the 80% zone - was a complete bust. It is totality or nothing.

Sorry, but it is totality or stay inside and watch Fraser reruns.

That wasen't the Moon you were seeing blocking the Sun. It was Trump's huge overfed orange tinted ass.

Forum List

Back