The earliest modern humans outside Africa

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
This is fascinating .. more is revealed.

Human fossils found in Israel are oldest to date

A ridge of teeth discovered in a cave in Israel are between 177,000-194,000 years old, according to a paper published today in Science. The teeth appear to be human, and if they are, would be the oldest anatomically modern human fossil found outside of Africa and the oldest fossil with modern human traits found to date.

What it means: Fossils like these, and new gene sequencing tools, are starting to answer questions about when modern humans left Africa, and when, exactly, they became human. The find in Israel suggests modern humans may have left Africa earlier than previously thought. And, they didn’t just find a jaw — they unearthed sophisticated stone tools, too.

A ridge of teeth discovered in a cave in Israel are between 177,000-194,000 years old, according to a paper published today in Science. The teeth appear to be human, and if they are, would be the oldest anatomically modern human fossil found outside of Africa and the oldest fossil with modern human traits found to date.

What it means: Fossils like these, and new gene sequencing tools, are starting to answer questions about when modern humans left Africa, and when, exactly, they became human. The find in Israel suggests modern humans may have left Africa earlier than previously thought. And, they didn’t just find a jaw — they unearthed sophisticated stone tools, too.
modern humans left Africa,
Well that explains why the degenerate humans still live in Africa. All the smart ones left a long time ago...

Well that explains why the degenerate humans still live in Africa. All the smart ones left a long time ago...
Like Detroit

"In the press conference announcing the find, Mainz Mayor Michael Ebling claimed the find would force scientists to reconsider the history of early mankind.

"I don't want to over-dramatize it, but I would hypothesize that we shall have to start rewriting the history of mankind after today," Ebling was quoted as saying."

Archaeology fossil teeth discovery in Germany could re-write human history | News | DW | 19.10.2017
Since that fossil is from a river bed, and the only dating is from a nearby skeleton of a horse, I would say that there is a very good chance of an erroneous date due to the river resorting the bones.

"In the press conference announcing the find, Mainz Mayor Michael Ebling claimed the find would force scientists to reconsider the history of early mankind.

"I don't want to over-dramatize it, but I would hypothesize that we shall have to start rewriting the history of mankind after today," Ebling was quoted as saying."

Archaeology fossil teeth discovery in Germany could re-write human history | News | DW | 19.10.2017
Since that fossil is from a river bed, and the only dating is from a nearby skeleton of a horse, I would say that there is a very good chance of an erroneous date due to the river resorting the bones.
Race and date could hardly be wrong. There are methods to determine.

I think we'll find our history is more complex than we can imagine. Man was probably continually on the move, going into and out of Africa, mixing and replacing populations that were already there.

Then they need to specify the dating method used. All I saw was the fact that they used the skeleton of a horse for the dating. Assuming that the teeth and horse were alive at the same time.

Then they need to specify the dating method used. All I saw was the fact that they used the skeleton of a horse for the dating. Assuming that the teeth and horse were alive at the same time.
They probably did but the article doesn´t. And why should there be a horse ten million years ago but no ape?

The earliest modern humans outside Africa ~ Science

Israeli fossils are the oldest modern humans ever found outside of Africa ~ Nature

Controversial Fossil Hints Homo sapiens Blazed a Trail Out of Africa Earlier Than Thought ~ Scienterrific American

Oldest Human Fossil Outside Africa Discovered ~ National Geographic

This is breathtaking discovery. It realigns the fossil record with DNA genetics of ancient man. However there is one problem. Homo Sapiens is now too old!

We are gonna have to break the species up into two or more species, cuz now it takes more than 200K years to invent farming and civilization?

The speculation that human origins were in Africa is what is gradually being disputed, if it does indeed turn out to be a correct date for the remains. I doubt they are really that old, but we do have other finds, In Spain and Asia, that also call into question the 'Out of Africa' speculation as well. Using genetics as an accurate dating tool is wrong as well; it isn't accurate at all, despite the wishful thinking of many with political agendas they need to peddle.

Last edited:

I think we'll find our history is more complex than we can imagine. Man was probably continually on the move, going into and out of Africa, mixing and replacing populations that were already there.

It's more probable that humans originated in multiple places; that is becoming more and more likely with new discoveries. One wrong and baselessassumption is that finding bones of extinct species of apes in Africa means humans originated there; there is zero proof of that to begin with.

It's more probable that humans originated in multiple places; that is becoming more and more likely with new discoveries. One wrong and baselessassumption is that finding bones of extinct species of apes in Africa means humans originated there; there is zero proof of that to begin with.
The oldest hominid fossils come only from Africa. Seems unlikely they left and evolved exactly parallel.

Sent from my SM-T820 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

The oldest hominid fossils come only from Africa. Seems unlikely they left and evolved exactly parallel.

Sent from my SM-T820 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

No evidence all humans originated in one place. Do all sponges come from Africa., too? No evidence 'hominids' are ancestors of humans, either, no transitional fossils that establish that as fact.

So Jews were in Israel first?

A side note, look how healthy all the teeth are. No candy bars back then.

Yes a very interesting find.

Forum List

Back