The Difference between Republicans and Democrats

And we got almost none of those things.

We got at least two, he is working diligently on the other two and still has two years left. Be fair.
What two did we get?

Don't say "stronger military". It got more expensive but that's all we know for sure.

Don't say "lower taxes" because most of that went to people and companies who didn't really need it.

Don't say "better immigration policies" because those have been an unmitigated disaster.

Lower corporate taxes spurned hiring and wage growth. Stronger military spurned innovation and hiring at companies that have military contracts. I work with one and they have grown revenues 40%, hired over 100 people and looking to acquire more companies. He moved the embassy to Jerusalem and improved relations with Israel. He opened the eyes of many to border issues with Mexico, which I knew but many did not as prior administrations did not care. He still needs to fix the deficit, entitlements and our divided country.

Crep, I am an Independent but my priorities are economy, military, healthcare, border security and relations with Israel as I am a Zionist. So our objectives differ. I dont care if the POTUS likes to bang super models, is crass at times and not overly “Presidential” because we have a lot of enemies out there and playing nice doesn’t always work.
Most of the corporate tax cut went to stock by backs. It's a fact.

Why did our realations with Israel need improving?

There was no real border issue with Mexico until he created it.

And did we really need to spend more money on the military, or do we need to spend our military money more wisely?

Most of the corporate tax cut went to stock by backs.

That's horrible!
I hate it when my stocks go up.....
Most people do not own any significant amount of stocks. Also this will be a temporary bump.

We got at least two, he is working diligently on the other two and still has two years left. Be fair.
What two did we get?

Don't say "stronger military". It got more expensive but that's all we know for sure.

Don't say "lower taxes" because most of that went to people and companies who didn't really need it.

Don't say "better immigration policies" because those have been an unmitigated disaster.

Lower corporate taxes spurned hiring and wage growth. Stronger military spurned innovation and hiring at companies that have military contracts. I work with one and they have grown revenues 40%, hired over 100 people and looking to acquire more companies. He moved the embassy to Jerusalem and improved relations with Israel. He opened the eyes of many to border issues with Mexico, which I knew but many did not as prior administrations did not care. He still needs to fix the deficit, entitlements and our divided country.

Crep, I am an Independent but my priorities are economy, military, healthcare, border security and relations with Israel as I am a Zionist. So our objectives differ. I dont care if the POTUS likes to bang super models, is crass at times and not overly “Presidential” because we have a lot of enemies out there and playing nice doesn’t always work.

And did we really need to spend more money on the military, or do we need to spend our military money more wisely?

I disagree

I work with many companies and they increased wages and hired persons. You need to look at privately held and publicly traded entities and stock buybacks increase price and 401ks. I disagree again there is a crisis at the border. Even left leaning 60 Minutes dedicated a story to it. Watch it on YouTube. Relations needed improving with Israel. BHO really damaged them and gave money to Iran, who is the #1 supplier of weaponry to Hamas. At least we are debating peacefully.
On stock buybacks vs investment, from Forbes:

For the first three quarters of 2018, buybacks were $583.4 billion (up up 52.6% from 2017). In contrast, aggregate capital investmentincreased 8.8% over 2017, while R&D investment growth at US public companies increased 12.5% over 2017 growth.

Why The Tax Cuts And Jobs Act (TCJA) Led To Buybacks Rather Than Investment

On Israel, they are basically totally dependant on us, a virtual client state. They've got nowhere else to go so they better work on relations with us, not the other way around.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
I don’t understand what platform the Democrats are running on. Saying Trump is vulgar is not a platform.

Since Trump has run on no platform and all he says is everybody who is not white are bad, what's your point.

He ran in better immigration policies, lower taxes, better trade deals and stronger military. Your lack of education is astounding.
The weirdest thing is they’re selling lower taxes to the American people when they’ve done the opposite.
In fact, they voted that the tax cuts to the billionaires are permanent but the tax cut to middle-class Americans were Regressive. Meaning it gets worse every year until it more than makes up for the little bit they got. Americans got their tax returns this year and they know they’ve been lied to. Next year I’ll even be worse just before the election.

D54x93zW4AEtQ5h

I am Talking about corporations. Do you deny that unemployment is at a 49 yr low?
Do you deny that it has been going down for a decade?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
He ran in better immigration policies, lower taxes, better trade deals and stronger military. Your lack of education is astounding.
The weirdest thing is they’re selling lower taxes to the American people when they’ve done the opposite.
In fact, they voted that the tax cuts to the billionaires are permanent but the tax cut to middle-class Americans were Regressive. Meaning it gets worse every year until it more than makes up for the little bit they got. Americans got their tax returns this year and they know they’ve been lied to. Next year I’ll even be worse just before the election.

D54x93zW4AEtQ5h

Dems are free to propose a permanent middle class tax cut, moron.
But they never, ever do...……...
Healthcare and education could be considered a permanent middle-class tax cut. Two things Republicans oppose.

D4KgvCDW0AA-ivb

Ever increasing tuition costs thanks to government throwing money at the issue....that's a tax cut? LOL!
Yoi mean thanks to the for profit colleges taking advantage of the government throwing money at the problem.

What two did we get?

That's horrible!
Most people do not own any significant amount of stocks. Also this will be a temporary bump.

Most people do not own any significant amount of stocks.

Over 55 million people have 401Ks.
More than one-third of households own an IRA.
403 (b)s and public pensions benefit millions more.
529s too.

Also this will be a temporary bump.

Why?

D54x93zW4AEtQ5h

Dems are free to propose a permanent middle class tax cut, moron.
But they never, ever do...……...
Healthcare and education could be considered a permanent middle-class tax cut. Two things Republicans oppose.

D4KgvCDW0AA-ivb

Ever increasing tuition costs thanks to government throwing money at the issue....that's a tax cut? LOL!
Yoi mean thanks to the for profit colleges taking advantage of the government throwing money at the problem.

Meh. Mostly non-profit colleges.

What two did we get?

That's horrible!

I disagree. Most retirement plans are in equities.

Since Trump has run on no platform and all he says is everybody who is not white are bad, what's your point.

D54x93zW4AEtQ5h

I am Talking about corporations. Do you deny that unemployment is at a 49 yr low?

It has but it started at 9%. Sustainability is impressive

What two did we get?

That's horrible!

I disagree. Most retirement plans are in equities.
The key part of my post is "significant amount". From politifact:

One of the paper’s findings was that "despite the fact that almost half of all households owned stock shares either directly or indirectly through mutual funds, trusts, or various pension accounts, the richest 10 percent of households controlled 84 percent of the total value of these stocks in 2016."

What percentage of Americans own stocks?

D54x93zW4AEtQ5h

Yes, the economy is definitely robust and rolling with the punches.

But how many more can it take?

D54x93zW4AEtQ5h

What annoys me is how much debt we have. China has zero, I believe. We are the most innovative country so there is that. For the Democrats to win in 2020 they need to run a business savvy candidate IMO. That is neither Sanders nor Biden.

D54x93zW4AEtQ5h

What annoys me is how much debt we have. China has zero, I believe. We are the most innovative country so there is that. For the Democrats to win in 2020 they need to run a business savvy candidate IMO. That is neither Sanders nor Biden.
But neither is it tRump, who has already added trillions of dollars to the debt.

D54x93zW4AEtQ5h

What annoys me is how much debt we have. China has zero, I believe.

Zero? Where did you get that idea?

But neither is it tRump, who has already added trillions of dollars to the debt.

That is your opinion but many disagree. The debt build and deficit are disappointing. But it’s impossible to reduce the deficit without attacking entitlements and neither party wants to do that.

Zero debt to outside countries. Their debt is to local banks and such. As I understand it. Am I incorrect?

That is your opinion but many disagree. The debt build and deficit are disappointing. But it’s impossible to reduce the deficit without attacking entitlements and neither party wants to do that.
Of course we can. Taxing businesses and million/billionaires at a reasonable rate.

I take exception to the term "entitlements" BTW.

Zero debt to outside countries. Their debt is to local banks and such. As I understand it. Am I incorrect?

upload_2019-5-6_21-25-4.png

National debt of China - Wikipedia

Some info on that:

National debt of China - Wikipedia

Forum List

Back