The Democrat Worm Turns

It's mildly amusing that half the Right attacks Obama with descriptions like the one above,

and the other half mocks him for just carrying on Bush policies.
And yet... both are accurate critiques. Neither cancels the other out. Most conservatives were not happy with Bush after 2005 if the weren't already mad at him for NCLB and Medicare Part D.

Wrong. This is on my list of favorite rightwing myths. The myth is that most conservatives turned against Bush somewhere later in his presidency, you say 2005, okay, whenever.

The Truth?? Bush had a 72% approval rating among self-identified conservative Republicans, and a 50 - 43 advantage among conservatives in general...

...in December of 2008.

You might be conservative, and you might have turned against Bush at some point, but to say most conservatives did is simply false.

Conservative Republicans Still Widely Support Bush
So the fact that even though all rational Americans breathed sighs of relief that neither Gore nor Kerry got the white house means that we all suddenly loved every last thing W did.

I'm sorry my little gestalt grubbing git, this is not true. My personal distaste for his domestic financial policy has been the case from even before I migrated here, and you know it. We are not all group thinking little fucks like the left relies on for useful idiots to carry out their cause, swept on by demagoguery and faux emotional appeals.

Approval ratings are about as valuable as warm dogshit on a cold day as well you know from watching Bracket's numbers fall down the stairs into the basement. we know that the only reason Brackets is even NEAR half is because of the constant worship from the commie press that controls most TV, magazines and newspapers these days. The same press that brought out all the guns to try and smear W into the ground. So whatever results you may find to suit your own little junior useful idiot primer booklet, are worth as much as the paper they're printed on... not a plug nickel.

Believe what you want though. You've proven through the years I've seen you post, you're a master at editing your experiences to match your ignorant ideology.

13565d1307112591-climate-change-rhetoric-snarkylenin.jpg

The point remains that not a single one of those scumballs should ever have survived their scandal and been ALLOWED to be able to finish their term OR be re-elected. Marion Barry's re-election after serving time in prison, for instance is a travesty and illustrated a total lack of character, or exposed that racism and radical political stances overwhelm morality and decency in the vox populi that is Washington DC.

If they didn't do anything illegal, let their constituents decide whether or not to be re-elected, not someone preaching morals (and likely doing the same thing he is preaching against).

The point remains that not a single one of those scumballs should ever have survived their scandal and been ALLOWED to be able to finish their term OR be re-elected. Marion Barry's re-election after serving time in prison, for instance is a travesty and illustrated a total lack of character, or exposed that racism and radical political stances overwhelm morality and decency in the vox populi that is Washington DC.

If they didn't do anything illegal, let their constituents decide whether or not to be re-elected, not someone preaching morals (and likely doing the same thing he is preaching against).

So now we are the point in the USA where we have no standards for elected office? Congressmen acting like 7th graders is now the norm. It has nothing to do with what is "illegal". It has to do with integrity and honor and service. No one who did this on the job would be allowed to stay in their position. Amazing and idiotic.

Last edited:

So now we are the point in the USA where we have no standards for elected office? Congressmen acting like 7th graders is now the norm. It has nothing to do with what is "illegal". It has to do with integrity and honor and service. No one who did this on the job would be allowed to stay in their position. Amazing and idiotic.

And it hasn't been proven that he did anything "on the job" has it?

How about we let consenting adults be consenting adults in regards to their sexual behaviors?

It is what a politician does in his job that matters.

How about we let consenting adults be consenting adults in regards to their sexual behaviors?

It is what a politician does in his job that matters.[/
QUOTE]

Well then, fire the asshole.

And yet... both are accurate critiques. Neither cancels the other out. Most conservatives were not happy with Bush after 2005 if the weren't already mad at him for NCLB and Medicare Part D.

Wrong. This is on my list of favorite rightwing myths. The myth is that most conservatives turned against Bush somewhere later in his presidency, you say 2005, okay, whenever.

The Truth?? Bush had a 72% approval rating among self-identified conservative Republicans, and a 50 - 43 advantage among conservatives in general...

...in December of 2008.

You might be conservative, and you might have turned against Bush at some point, but to say most conservatives did is simply false.

So the fact that even though all rational Americans breathed sighs of relief that neither Gore nor Kerry got the white house means that we all suddenly loved every last thing W did.

I'm sorry my little gestalt grubbing git, this is not true. My personal distaste for his domestic financial policy has been the case from even before I migrated here, and you know it. We are not all group thinking little fucks like the left relies on for useful idiots to carry out their cause, swept on by demagoguery and faux emotional appeals.

Approval ratings are about as valuable as warm dogshit on a cold day as well you know from watching Bracket's numbers fall down the stairs into the basement. we know that the only reason Brackets is even NEAR half is because of the constant worship from the commie press that controls most TV, magazines and newspapers these days. The same press that brought out all the guns to try and smear W into the ground. So whatever results you may find to suit your own little junior useful idiot primer booklet, are worth as much as the paper they're printed on... not a plug nickel.

Believe what you want though. You've proven through the years I've seen you post, you're a master at editing your experiences to match your ignorant ideology.

If you have evidence that most conservatives disapproved of Bush from 2005 on, you should post it.

So far the only actual EVIDENCE supplied on the issue was supplied by me, and contradicts your claim.

When your criteria for "perversion" include "being a Democrat," it's tautological that you'll believe them to be more common/acceptable in the Democratic party. That's because you're confusing party allegiance with morality. This thread isn't about morality, it's about attempting to frame an argument and dig up examples of behavior certain folks believe will be damaging or embarrassing to the party they don't favor. The language of morality is being used as a means to score a political point; that shouldn't be confused with having something to do with morality itself.

You are so far off base with me it's not even funny. This thread is about the Democrat Party finally "getting it." My post about the length to which leftwingers would go to defend Bill Clinton back in the 90s by saying stupid things like, "Character doesn't matter" when everyone knows it does is an example of what happened in the past. Now we are seeing a change with this reprobate named Weiner. Some people are here to score political points. I'm not one of them.
No one ever said, "character doesn't matter."

And yes, you are here to score political points as that lie proves.

Did you see the Leftie in post #145?

Given that the foundational principle of government in this country is representative democracy, barring illegal acts or ethical violations that the House has democratically agreed to be part of its rules,

it should be the right of the people in a representative's constitutency to decide whether or not he or she should serve.

That is up to his constituents, not tight assed moralists, to decide.

He is a US Congressman. He is supposed to set a standard 24/7. It's called integrity. We can do better. People like you are the problem in this country.

1. Need proof that the nation is right center, a position that spells doom for the Obama cult? Here is Chris Matthews saying same in his own inimitable way:

“Matthews was aware that Weiner’s behavior might not be as big of a deal in his home district of New York, but knew that around the country it played much worse. “If you’re a blue dog Democrat from a conservative culture part of the country . . . your life is getting difficult enough defending the East coast and the left coast Democratic party, they’re too far left,” Matthews said. From there he issued a stern warning to the Democratic party at large:

“If [Weiner] stays, [Democrats] never get the leadership [in the House] back. They never get the speakership back. Because the people in the rural areas of this country who are Christian, conservative, culturally – you can say ‘backward’ if you want – they don’t like this stuff.”
Chris Matthews Anthony Weiner | Weiner Resign | Video | Mediaite

"...backward..."???

2. A another couldn’t-be-more-Left-wing Democrat, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz:

WASHINGTON (AP) — Reticent no longer, the Democratic Party hierarchy demanded on Saturday that Rep. Anthony Weiner resign for sending online material ranging from sexually suggestive to explicit to several women.

"This sordid affair has become an unacceptable distraction for Representative Weiner, his family, his constituents and the House," Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, the party chairwoman, said in a written statement calling for the New York lawmaker to quit

Read more: Top Democrats: Weiner must go - seattlepi.com

3. So, what’s the story? Suddenly, the hallmark of the Left, what Daniel Patrick Moynihan labeled “defining deviancy down,” is no longer acceptable? Well, at least not when the election is on the line and the public is looking at the face of the political left….
What happened to the Clinton defense, it’s his private life, and has nothing to do with job performance….

Giving it up? A ‘come to Jesus’ moment? A jailhouse conversion?

4. And, ya’ mean that Teddy Kennedy wouldn’t be the ‘Liberal Lion’ today? That they would demand that Teddy 'quit'?

5. So, Coulter was wrong:
“…every Democrat who voted for Bill Clinton feels the need to defend duplicity, adultery, lying about adultery, sexual harassment, rape, perjury, obstruction of justice, kicking the can of global Islamofascism down the road for eight years, and so on.”

Who knew?

Your premise is flawed.

Your premise is that Liberal politicians appear to be acting more like Conservative politicians because of liberals/Democrats' current readiness to condemn one of their own.

The validity of that premise is based on the assumption that conservative politicians have a distinguished history of condemning their own that up until now differentiated them from liberals.

There is no such history, therefore, it is a baseless false claim to cite this situation as evidence that liberals are suddenly acting more like conservatives.

One example:

Harry Reid turned his back on Weiner but he voted NOT to convict Clinton for considerably worse behavior.

So far, 9 out of 10 "tight assed moralists" are his fellow Democrats.

I agree, and here is a list of those "tight assed moralists."

Democrats call for Weiner to resign
By: CNN Political Unit

(CNN)–As the controversy over New York Rep. Anthony Weiner's actions continue, Democratic colleagues have begun to push for the congressman's resignation. Full list after the jump.

House Democrats who have called for Weiner to resign:
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi
Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz
Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee Chairman Steve Israel
Pennsylvania Rep. Allyson Schwartz
Maine Rep. Michael Michaud
Indiana Rep. Joe Donnelly (running for U.S. Senate)
Arkansas Rep. Mike Ross
Massachusetts Rep. Niki Tsongas,
North Carolina Rep. Larry Kissell
Utah Rep. Jim Matheson
Texas Rep. Henry Cuellar

Senate Democrats who have called for Weiner to resign:
Arkansas Sen. Mark Pryor
Vermont Sen. Patrick Leahy, chair of Judiciary Committee

Democratic candidates who have called for Weiner to resign:
Former Virginia Gov. Tim Kaine – candidate for U.S. Senate in Virginia
Democrats call for Weiner to resign – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

So, Mark Foley should still be in office? How about any of the other 28 other scandals that you libs want to point out for moral equivalency? Since there is no more standards for elected officials, why should any of them be driven out of office? How about the other 39 Libs that were caught as well?

Pathetically partisan.

...in December of 2008.

If you have evidence that most conservatives disapproved of Bush from 2005 on, you should post it.

So far the only actual EVIDENCE supplied on the issue was supplied by me, and contradicts your claim.
Maybe you remember this old signature line of mine from back in the day Carbiepoo:

"There are lies, damn lie, statistics, computer models, estimates and opinion polls."

You are right, those identifying as "Conservative Republicans" was 72% in 2008. Down from 90%.

Implications
As Bush serves his final weeks in office, he does so with the support of a small minority of Americans. Conservative Republicans essentially stand alone in their solid support of Bush. However, over the years, Bush has lost a significant number of supporters even among this core group, which formerly supported him at better than 90%.

So you're right, most conservative republicans did support W. But I am also right in that conservatives began abandoning him in 2005.

Liberal, Moderate Republicans Show Large Drop in Support for Bush

Last edited:

Marion Barry was convicted and served time for his crime.
There are many instances where politicians have committed crimes while in office, served time then were elected to office once released.
Newsflash. Elected officials are placed in a position of public trust. That means they are held to a much higher standard than ordinary citizens. As such their morals are indeed a major factor in their ability to serve.

So, Mark Foley should still be in office? How about any of the other 28 other scandals that you libs want to point out for moral equivalency? Since there is no more standards for elected officials, why should any of them be driven out of office? How about the other 39 Libs that were caught as well?

Pathetically partisan.

What is partisan about saying that, if nothing illegal occurred, as did with Foley (who sent sexually explicit texts to underage boys), Vitter, Ensign, John Edwards and Bob Allen, then it should be up to their constituents to decide what sort of behavior they will tolerate from their representatives?

Let's frame the debate: it is not one of absolutes, sadly....but rather of relative merits.

The scale weighs heavily to the right.

Yes, the scale of sex scandals does lean heavily to the right. :lol:

Democrat Party Chairman Donald Fleischman was charged with two counts of child enticement, two counts of contributing to the delinquency of a child and a single charge of exposing himself to a child.

• Democrat prosecutor John David Roy Atchison was arrested for soliciting sex from a 5-year old girl, then killed himself three weeks later. At the time of his arrest, Atchison was an "assistant U.S. attorney" appointed by President Bush's attorney general.
• Democrat city councilman John Bryan killed himself after police began investigating allegations that he had molested three girls, including two of his adopted daughters, ages 12 and 15.
• Democrat legislator Ted Klaudt was charged with raping girls under the age of 16.
• Democrat city councilman Joseph Monteleone Jr. was found guilty of fondling underage girls.
• Democrat congressional aide Jeffrey Nielsen was arrested for having sex with a 14-year old boy.
• Democrat County Commissioner Patrick Lee McGuire surrendered to police after allegedly molesting girls between the ages of 8 and 13.
• Democrat prosecutor Larry Corrigan was arrested for soliciting sex from 13-year old girls.
• Democrat Mayor Jeffrey Kyle Randall was sentenced to 275 days in jail for molesting two boys -- ages ten and 12 -- during a six-year period.
• Democrat County Board Candidate Brent Schepp was charged with molesting a 14-year old girl and killed himself three days later.
• Democrat Congressman Mark Foley abruptly resigned from Congress after "sexually explicit" emails surfaced showing him flirting with a 16-year old boy.
• Democrat executive Randall Casseday of the conservative Washington Times newspaper pleaded guilty to soliciting sex from a 13-year old girl on the internet.
• Democrat chairman of the Oregon Christian Coalition Lou Beres confessed to molesting a 13-year old girl.
• Democrat County Constable Larry Dale Floyd pleaded guilty to charges of soliciting sex from an 8-year old girl. Floyd has repeatedly won elections for Denton County, Texas, constable.
• Democrat judge Mark Pazuhanich pleaded no contest to fondling a 10-year old girl and was sentenced to 10 years probation.
Democrat Party leader Bobby Stumbo was arrested for having sex with a 5-year old boy.
• Democrat petition drive manager Tom Randall pleaded guilty to molesting two girls under the age of 14, one of them the daughter of an associate in the petition business.
• Democrat County Chairman Armando Tebano pleaded guilty to fondling a 14-year-old girl.
• Democrat teacher and former city councilman John Collins pleaded guilty to sexually molesting 13 and 14 year old girls.
• Democrat campaign worker Mark Seidensticker is a convicted child molester.
• Democrat Mayor Philip Giordano is serving a 37-year sentence in federal prison for sexually abusing 8- and 10-year old girls.
• Democrat Mayor Tom Adams was arrested for distributing child pornography over the internet.
• Democrat Mayor John Gosek was arrested on charges of soliciting sex from two 15-year old girls.
• Democrat County Commissioner David Swartz pleaded guilty to molesting two girls under the age of 11 and was sentenced to 8 years in prison.
• Democrat legislator Edison Misla Aldarondo was sentenced to 10 years in prison for raping his daughter between the ages of 9 and 17.
• Democrat Committeeman John R. Curtin was convicted of molesting an underage teenage boy and sentenced to serve six to 18 months in prison.
• Democrat anti-abortion activist Howard Scott Heldreth is a convicted child rapist in Florida.
REP. JOHN YOUNG (D-Tex.):
On June 11, 1976, Colleen Gardner, a former staff secretary to Young, told the New York Times that Young increased her salary after she gave in to his sexual advances. In November, Young, who had run unopposed in the safe Democratic district five consecutive times, was reelected with just 61 percent of the vote. The scandal wouldn't go away, and in 1978 Young was defeated in a Democratic primary runoff.
REP. ALLAN HOWE (D-Utah):
On June 13, 1976, Howe was arrested in Salt Lake City on charges of soliciting two policewomen posing as prostitutes. Howe insisted he was set up and refused to resign. But the Democratic Party distanced itself from his candidacy and he was trounced by his Republican opponent in the November election.
REP. FRED RICHMOND (D-N.Y.):
In April 1978, Richmond was arrested in Washington for soliciting sex from a 16-year-old boy. Richmond apologized for his actions, conceding he "made bad judgments involving my private life." In spite of a Democratic primary opponent's attempts to cash in on the headlines, Richmond easily won renomination and reelection. But his career came to an end four years later when, after pleading guilty to possession of marijuana and tax evasion - and amid allegations that he had his staff procure cocaine for him -- he resigned his seat.
REP. JOHN HINSON (D-Miss.):
On Aug. 8, 1980, during his first reelection bid, Hinson stunned everyone by announcing that in 1976 he had been accused of committing an obscene act at a gay haunt in Virginia. Hinson, married and a strong conservative, added that in 1977 he had survived a fire in a gay D.C. movie theater. He was making the disclosure, he said, because he needed to clear his conscience. But he denied he was a homosexual and refused GOP demands that he resign. Hinson won reelection in a three-way race, with 39 percent of the vote. But three months later, he was arrested on charges of attempted oral sodomy in the restroom of a House office building. He resigned his seat on April 13, 1981.
REP. ROBERT BAUMAN (D-Md.):
On Oct. 3, 1980, Bauman, a leading "pro-family" conservative, pleaded innocent to a charge that he committed oral sodomy on a teenage boy in Washington. Married and the father of four, Bauman conceded that he had been an alcoholic but had been seeking treatment. The news came as a shock to voters of the rural, conservative district, and he lost to a Democrat in November.
REP. DAN CRANE (R-Ill.) and REP. GERRY STUDDS (D-Mass.):
The House ethics committee on July 14, 1983, announced that Crane and Studds had sexual relationships with teenage congressional pages -- Crane with a 17-year-old female in 1980, Studds with a 17-year-old male in 1973. Both admitted the charges that same day, and Studds acknowledged he was gay. The committee voted to reprimand the two, but a back-bench Georgia Republican named Newt Gingrich argued that they should be expelled. The full House voted on July 20 instead to censure the two, the first time that ever happened for sexual misconduct. Crane, married and the father of six, was tearful in his apology to the House, while Studds refused to apologize. Crane's conservative district voted him out in 1984, while the voters in Studds's more liberal district were more forgiving. Studds won reelection in 1984 with 56 percent of the vote, and continued to win until he retired in 1996.
REP. ERNIE KONNYU (D-Calif.):
In August 1987, two former Konnyu aides complained to the San Jose Mercury News that the freshman Republican had sexually harassed them. GOP leaders were unhappy with Konnyu's temperament to begin with, so it took little effort to find candidates who would take him on in the primary. Stanford professor Tom Campbell ousted Konnyu the following June.
SEN. BROCK ADAMS (D-Wash.):
On Sept. 27, 1988, Seattle newspapers reported that Kari Tupper, the daughter of Adams's longtime friends, filed a complaint against the Washington Democrat in July of 1987, charging sexual assault. She claimed she went to Adams's house in March 1987 to get him to end a pattern of harassment, but that he drugged her and assaulted her. Adams denied any sexual assault, saying they only talked about her employment opportunities. Adams continued raising campaign funds and declared for a second term in February of 1992. But two weeks later the Seattle Times reported that eight other women were accusing Adams of sexual molestation over the past 20 years, describing a history of drugging and subsequent rape. Later that day, while still proclaiming his innocence, Adams ended his campaign.
REP. JIM BATES (D-Calif.):
Roll Call quoted former Bates aides in October 1988 saying that the San Diego Democrat made sexual advances toward female staffers. Bates called it a GOP-inspired smear campaign, but also apologized for anything he did that might have seemed inappropriate. The story came too close to Election Day to damage Bates, who won easily. However, the following October the ethics committee sent Bates a "letter of reproval" directing him to make a formal apology to the women who filed the complaint. Although the district was not thought to be hospitable to the GOP, Randy "Duke" Cunningham, a former Navy pilot who was once shot down over North Vietnam, ousted Bates in 1990 by fewer than 2,000 votes.
REP. GUS SAVAGE (D-Ill.):
The Washington Post reported on July 19, 1989, that Savage had fondled a Peace Corps volunteer while on an official visit to Zaire. Savage called the story a lie and blamed it on his political enemies and a racist media. (Savage is black.) In January 1990, the House ethics committee decided that the events did occur, but decided against any disciplinary action because Savage wrote a letter to the woman saying he "never intended to offend" her. Savage was reelected in 1990, but finally ousted in the 1992 primary by Mel Reynolds.
REP. BARNEY FRANK (D-Mass.):
In response to a story in the Aug. 25, 1989, Washington Times, Frank confirmed that he hired Steve Gobie, a male prostitute, in 1985 to live with and work for him in his D.C. apartment. But Frank, who is gay, said he fired Gobie in 1987 when he learned he was using the apartment to run a prostitution service. The Boston Globe, among others, called on Frank to resign, but he refused. On July 19, 1990, the ethics committee recommended Frank be reprimanded because he "reflected discredit upon the House" by using his congressional office to fix 33 of Gobie's parking tickets. Attempts to expel or censure Frank failed; instead the House voted 408-18 to reprimand him. The fury in Washington was not shared in Frank's district, where he won reelection in 1990 with 66 percent of the vote, and has won by larger margins ever since.
SEN. DANIEL INOUYE (D-Hawaii):
In October 1992, Republican Senate nominee Rick Reed began running a campaign commercial that included a surreptitiously taped interview with Lenore Kwock, Inouye's hairdresser. Kwock said Inouye had sexually forced himself on her in 1975 and continued a pattern of sexual harassment, even as Kwock continued to cut his hair over the years. Inouye, seeking a sixth term, denied the charges. And Kwock said that by running the commercial, Reed had caused her more pain than Inouye had. Reed was forced to pull the ad, and while many voters took out their anger on the Republican, Inouye was held to 57 percent of the vote - the lowest total of his career. A week later, a female Democratic state legislator announced that she had heard from nine other women who claimed Inouye had sexually harassed them over the past decade. But the women didn't go public with their claims, the local press didn't pursue the story, and the Senate Ethics Committee decided to drop the investigation because the accusers wouldn't participate in an inquiry.
REP MEL REYNOLDS (D-Ill.):
Freshman Reynolds was indicted on Aug. 19, 1994, on charges of having sex with a 16-year-old campaign worker and then pressuring her to lie about it. Reynolds, who is black, denied the charges and said the investigation was racially motivated. The GOP belatedly put up a write-in candidate for November, but Reynolds dispatched him in the overwhelmingly Democratic district with little effort. Reynolds was convicted on Aug. 22, 1995 of 12 counts of sexual assault, obstruction of justice and solicitation of child pornography, was sentenced to five years in prison, and resigned his seat on October 1.
http://straightshootn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1075

Democrats are sick in the head

Deep down inside Chris Matthews might have a little old fashioned morality in his soul. He came out against Clinton's moronic sexual adventures way back. But you can bet the old lib won't turn too far from democrat policies.

Forum List

Back