The Delusion of Alternative Facts

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago

Rule #1: We cannot ascertain what’s true, but we can establish what’s false.

Donald Trump’s hypothesis about the size of the crowd was possibly reasonable from his vantage point at the dais. As noted by the Washington Post, it may have looked to Trump as if the crowd stretched all the way to the back of the National Mall. Or maybe he just lied. Either way, hypotheses can only survive for as long as the data support them: from aerial photographs, to estimates from crowd scientists, to the public transit ridership numbers provided by the WMAT (Washington Metropolitan Area Transit), the facts reject the White House’s assertion that Trump’s inaugural crowd was the largest in history.

Fascinating article, however I would argue that Trump and WH are engaged in deceit with full knowledge of the truth -- i.e. lying.

Perhaps Trump's fragile child-like ego is what prevents him from seeing the truth. But his mental illness is not an excuse for the lack of integrity shown by his staff.

Trump thinks he's king of the world inside his own little mind.
No, he doesn't. It is just an assumption on your part.

985.jpg

Donald Trump’s hypothesis about the size of the crowd was possibly reasonable from his vantage point at the dais. As noted by the Washington Post, it may have looked to Trump as if the crowd stretched all the way to the back of the National Mall. Or maybe he just lied. Either way, hypotheses can only survive for as long as the data support them: from aerial photographs, to estimates from crowd scientists, to the public transit ridership numbers provided by the WMAT (Washington Metropolitan Area Transit), the facts reject the White House’s assertion that Trump’s inaugural crowd was the largest in history.

Fascinating article, however I would argue that Trump and WH are engaged in deceit with full knowledge of the truth -- i.e. lying.

Perhaps Trump's fragile child-like ego is what prevents him from seeing the truth. But his mental illness is not an excuse for the lack of integrity shown by his staff.
kat.gif~c200

You guys have fake news

Thomas hill hearings
Dan rather fake documents
Nbc falsifying tests that have cars blow up

Just to name a few

Not trying to be funny here. hazelnut, do you have a psychiatrist you visit weekly? IMO you desperately need help. Do you have any friends or relatives willing to talk to you. In all seriousness, contact me and I will talk to you and try to help you overcome your issues.

It is the opening efforts to establish an an authoritarian regime. It follows the playbook of Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, and Putin.

-Cast doubt on facts and truth
-Ridicule and threaten the Press
-Silence science and anyone who disagrees with you
-Limit immigration to only the those who share your values

The Comrade is not only a racist, he is a power hungry authoritarian. He and Putin are plotting a take over as I type.

Laugh RWers. You will be next...

It is the opening efforts to establish an an authoritarian regime. It follows the playbook of Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, and Putin.

The Comrade is not only a racist, he is a power hungry authoritarian. He and Putin are plotting a take over as I type.

You really have lost it? Huh?

Any corporate state govt big enough to fuck over a group you don't like today is big enough to fuck you and your group over down the road.

Not trying to be funny here. hazelnut, do you have a psychiatrist you visit weekly? IMO you desperately need help. Do you have any friends or relatives willing to talk to you. In all seriousness, contact me and I will talk to you and try to help you overcome your issues.
"Not trying to be funny here'........good thing too.

Any corporate state govt big enough to fuck over a group you don't like today is big enough to fuck you and your group over down the road.
Yeah and we told you that about obama, but you could careless. Karma is a bitch.

Donald Trump’s hypothesis about the size of the crowd was possibly reasonable from his vantage point at the dais. As noted by the Washington Post, it may have looked to Trump as if the crowd stretched all the way to the back of the National Mall.
It looked that way to CNN's cameras, on a platform high above the crowd, too. They showed the Mall virtually full, as Trump gave his inaugural address.

Stark contrast with the NY Times picture taken nearly an hour before, as people were still walking from buses, buildings etc. to the Mall. The NYT tried to pretend it was showing the entire crowd at the inauguration. And the usual liberal liars have been frantically pushing their lie ever since, hoping nobody sees the picture taken during the actual inauguration.

As you can see, during the actual inauguration even the back of the Mall, farthest from the speaker's platform, is completely full except for a few small areas cordoned off by barricades.

The NYT picture, OTOH, is a classic example of "fake news". They took a picture long before most of the crowd arrived, and tried to pretend it showed everybody who attended Trump's inaugural, even when they knew it clearly wasn't.

TrumpInaugCNN-Gigapixel_20Jan2017_1215_back.jpg

Last edited:

I think the best way you can describe this is simple...

Bring up the Obama crowd and say that is your wage today...

Bring up the Trump Crowd and say that is your wage in 4 years time....

Trump has stated you just got a raise...

Forum List

Back